1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

2020 NFL Draft Pittsburgh Steelers’ Big Board – Version 1.0

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by Hawaii 5-0, Jan 13, 2020.

1. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    So which is it that you feel is so important 40 time or 10 yard split, I am just asking cause a few post ago you quoted me saying 40 time is important now it is 10 yard split time??? I never said speed wasn't important just saying it don't make me draft a guy. The combine IMO does not put a guy in my must draft category but it does add to my prospect look at list. That was my whole point I am not wanting to draft guys because combine numbers.

Feel free to correct me cause you did forget more than I will ever know about football right??? :shrug:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  2. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    The scouts say that about the big guys and the 10 yard splits.

3. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012

Oh ok so the scouts say it not steelersrule6 right? I am just asking cause you quoted me twice, once saying the 40 was important and then the 10. I am just trying to understand your thinking. I still don't really give 2 $****s about anyone's 40 time cause not many run a straight 40 in the NFL.

4. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    Receivers quite often run 40 straight yards :shrug:

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    Really I must be watching a different game because I see a lot of double moves. :shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug:

6. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    Once they catch the ball, fast receivers like Tyreek Hill run more than 40 yards.

7. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    And how many times it that??????

8. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    Let me help you with an answer, Hill had 5 catches that went over 40 yards last season. That don't mean he ran a straight 40. Yes speed is good very good but the 40 don't mean crap TO ME!

9. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
  10. Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0 Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2019
  11. Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0 Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2019
    Ray Fittipaldo's second 2020 Steelers mock draft

RAY FITTIPALDO
    Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
    MAR 2, 2020

2. WR Jalen Reagor, TCU (5-feet-11, 206 pounds) — The Steelers need a fast receiver, one that is capable of making plays deep down the field as well as the gadget-type plays that new assistant Matt Canada is expected to infuse into the offense. Meet Reagor, who ran a 4.47 at the combine and produced like a big-time receiver when he had a good quarterback at TCU. There are some questions about his consistency. How much of his drop in production had to do with poor quarterback play? And how much had to do with his own play? But the Steelers could be getting an impact player in the middle of the second round if Reagor is still on the board. It would be the fourth consecutive year the Steelers selected a receiver with a pick in the second or third round, but with Smith-Schuster entering the final year of his contract, it’s not a bad idea to add some quality depth at the position. Reagor entered the draft after his junior year and just turned 21 in January, fitting the profile the Steelers like to have with draftees in the early rounds.

3. OLB Anfernee Jennings, Alabama (6-2, 256) — The Steelers likely will place the franchise tag on Bud Dupree, but they need to develop someone to take his place in 2021. Jennings is more in the mold of Jason Worilds than Dupree, but he is a player the Steelers could mold as a future starter. He’s coming off a first-team all-SEC season when he recorded eight sacks in 13 starts. Jennings won’t wow with his athleticism, and he doesn’t possess elite pass-rushing skills. But he is strong against the run and has the technique to be an effective player in the Steelers’ scheme.

4a. OG Netane Muti, Fresno State (6-3, 315) — This is a big-risk, big-reward pick. Muti has the ability to instantly upgrade the Steelers’ running game. He plays with a nasty disposition, and he also held up well enough in pass protection. The big worry is three lower-body injuries during his college career. He had left and right Achilles’ injuries and a foot injury that ended all but one of his seasons with the Bulldogs. If a team can get comfortable with his medicals from the combine, he would add great value in this portion of the draft. Muti has the talent to become one of the top interior linemen in this draft if he can stay healthy.

4b. S Jeremy Chinn, Southern Illinois (6-3, 219) — With Mark Barron entering the final year of his contract, the Steelers have to begin thinking about who their next dime linebacker might be. It could be Terrell Edmunds if he fails to distinguish himself at strong safety this year. It doesn’t look like Marcus Allen, a fifth-round pick in 2018, will develop as hoped and Ulysees Gilbert III remains an unknown after his rookie season ended due to a back injury. Chinn is a big safety with versatility to play a variety of roles in the NFL. He has the athleticism to play safety and the size to play dime linebacker, but he needs some time to develop. Chinn could learn for a year under Barron, a converted safety, before taking on a more prominent role as a coverage linebacker/safety.

No. 6 TE Josiah Deguara, Cincinnati (6-3, 245) — Colleges are producing smaller tight ends that project more as H-backs in the pros. The Steelers don’t really have anyone like that on their roster, so they can take a crack at developing Deguara, who could fill a variety of roles and was asked to work out with the running backs at the combine last week. He is a hard-nosed blocker, something the Steelers could use in their slumping running game. The Steelers were stuck last season when fullback Roosevelt Nix ended up on injured reserve. Deguara would give the Steelers a viable backup plan if Nix gets injured again as well as a player that has versatility as a receiver.

No. 7 DL John Penisini, Utah (6-2, 333) — If the Steelers continue to play with sub-packages 75% of the time, they might be able to find their base nose tackle among Daniel McCullers, Tyson Alualu and Isaiah Buggs. Alualu is the top option in both spots, but he is nearing the end of his career, so the Steelers need to begin adding some quality depth at the position. Penisini can clog the middle on running downs and provide some depth. This is a position the Steelers certainly could address sooner if the right player is available, but run-stopping nose guards are becoming devalued in the league, and a player like Penisini might be available late in the draft.

https://www.post-gazette.com/sports...reagor-anfernee-jennings/stories/202002280120

• Like Like x 1
  12. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    I would take this draft. Reagor and Degaura are two guys I’ve been high on. Pensini I will have to defer to @mac daddyo , he’s been mentioning him a few times. Anyone that can knock Dan off the roster. Chinn I don’t know much about other than he put up some pretty impressive numbers at the Combine so at least he’s a athlete there. Muti sounds boom or bust. Damn 44 reps at 225. Fills a position of need and every pick is a gamble one way or another. As far as Jennings....if you told me 2 years ago we could have AJ in the 3 rd round I’d say you were nuts. His trajectory has leveled out some but IMO some of that is due to stagnation at Bama and this past season he was asked to play a good amount of coverage. I think if you let him go back to rushing the QB 85-90% of the time he would be effective in our scheme. At least we know the learning curve will be small and he will be coming in well coached and prepared. Overall I think it’s a solid draft...jmo

Last edited: Mar 3, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 1