1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Let Dupree walk!! Target TE Hunter Henry

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by cajunyankee, Feb 11, 2020.

1. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    I’m sorry but I don’t buy it as a excuse for any occupation or level of education. People who feel they are more highly educated should know better then right? You basically have two options every day you live your life..
    upload_2020-2-25_9-9-25.jpeg

This isn’t meant to point any fingers....it’s just the truth. There are ways to talk to people and ways that aren’t necessary. The problem is the internet has made it comfortable for people to talk down to others without the fear of being punched in that same mouth. This is all strictly MY OPINION. Guilty consciences need not apply....:smiley1:

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  2. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Your claim that teachers demean students is based in ignorance.

Teachers also interact with adults and students on a daily basis. We deal with administration, colleagues and parents as a significant part of ours jobs. You really don't know what you are talking about on this one.

Telling someone they failed to support a claim that you disagree with is not demeaning the person.

3. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    Please don't try to spin this, remember, you are talking to adults now. I didn't say, or imply, that you demean your students. You tend to demean adults when you talk to them like children......because talking to children is what you do.

4. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    :roflmao:. I like it.

I'd rather see Barron than Bince on passing downs though.

5. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
  6. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    I'm not spinning anything. I teach high school. I don't talk to them like children. No decent high school teacher speaks to his students as if they are children. I certainly don't.

What you are talking about is adults being unable to handle it when another adult tells them that they didn't support their point, thus their argument doesn't hold up. Telling someone they got something wrong isn't demeaning them. If an adult can't handle that, said adult needs to get a thicker skin.

7. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    As a mod, I think I need to jump in here. You have a tendency to treat message board banter like the National Debate Tournament finals. You frequently seem to pour over other peoples’ posts looking for any possible inconsistency, misstatement, lack of citations to higher authorities or other statements that you find disagreeable, and then go on a relentless campaign of discrediting, belittling and badgering. This is a football message board. Most people don’t post here because they want to have lengthy debates about what they meant to say, and they certainly don’t need someone else playing “gotcha” if they say something that doesn’t encompass all evidence available in the public domain, use poor grammar, or - god forbid - actually have the temerity to express an unauthorized opinion. As a mod, I keep on opening up threads and finding very lengthy, unnecessary and annoying stretches of nonsensical fighting that started because you attempted to discredit someone else’s opinions, and belittled their intelligence (of course doing so cleverly enough to avoid saying “you’re stupid” outright). I’ve seen you have battles with a lot of different posters, some of whom I’ve never seen get angry with anyone else. It’s not them. It’s you. It’s time to soften that approach a bit. Maybe more than a bit.

• Winner Winner x 5
    • Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  8. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    Again, as per usual, you spin the discussion to something you can be defensive about. Regardless of how you talk to them, they "are" children. Too young to go to war, too young to vote, too young to know anything about the real world, too young to know anything about business or professionalism, too young to make adult decisions.

You can't send us to the principal, you can't tell our mommy, you can't deny us recess, you can't "teach us". It's you who needs to learn how to deal with adults in the real world.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  9. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Of course, I'll respect the word of a moderator and make my best attempt to play nice.

To be fair, Stone made what I feel is a negative comment not only about me, but about my profession. That sparked the conversation into which you added your comment. I am just unsure as to why that is acceptable, but challenging another poster to support a claim I disagree with is not. Please see Stone's post after yours for an example of what I'm talking about. If you feel like this is best addressed via private message, I am happy to discuss it there. I only posted it here because you posted the comment here.

Thank you.

10. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Please stop. A moderator already jumped in on this. You made a negative comment about me and about my profession. I don't speak to my students in a way that would be demeaning to anybody and I resent the assertion otherwise.

11. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Good luck with that :drinks:

12. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    I hear the foot stomping again.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  13. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    Back to the regularly scheduled program.....I cannot speak for their contract implications but I don't see why we would spend money, draft picks, or even a lot of time worrying about TE's when we have had what everyone thought was going to be a couple good ones. Granted McDonald can't stay healthy but as far as production, we just won't know until we see them in an offensive game plan where they are actually used.

14. Emperor Lebaeu

Emperor Lebaeu Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2013
    i have some hope for gentry as well as rader. but not so much with the coaches, play callers. that was a terrible 10ppg offense. i was surprised the steelers play calling wasn't more creative considering the personnel. instead, the broke this offense on the back of their stubborness