1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

What aspects of the Steelers have the arrow pointing up vs down?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Stone, Feb 10, 2020.

1. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    God bless you!:smiley1:

But.......Art II's take on attendance is far less damning than how he handled AB and the fact that he was in the center ring of a three ring circus and couldn't see it.

It's like stating in a news conference that you can't understand why someone would say that the sun rises in the east.

Good debate by the way!

2. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Lott wasn't a WR, fingers are kind of important for the position just saying :shrug:. We saw what happened to Moncrief when he injured his fingers last season.

3. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
  4. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    I'd bet you money if R. Lott was a receiver he would cut his bad finger off & carry on with being one of the best out there. Sammy Coates? He was lucky to play with Ben, mangled finger or not. Not clutch is what I'm getting at. Ben made him look like a player.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2020
  5. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I like our roster and with certain tweeks, draft
    choices, Fa,added coaches I think we have as good as chance as anybody
    making the playoffs. I forgot, good health.

6. Jujubean

Jujubean Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2019
    Our hopes ride on a 38 year old QB with a bum elbow non contact injury who is out of shape as usual. What me worry?!

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  7. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Ben come to camp in the best shape of his career the last two years? Didn't Ben work to increase his arm strength the last two years?

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Jujubean

Aug 12, 2019
    I know they said 2 years ago he slimmed down. Didn’t hear it this year per say. In terms of arm strength the guys elbow disintegrated so not sure

9. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    I know in 2018 he came to camp having worked on arm strength and it was said it was impressive. I remember thinking that some of his interceptions came from throwing a ball on a rope which were caught or tipped by the defense when he used to throw a nice soft touch pass in that scenario.

10. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011

Arrow point up for the defense :thumbs_up:

11. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011

last year does not equal this year. :cool:

12. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    I'm praying your right. Jonesing for some playoffs.

13. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    At least we can all feel good that, if we miss the playoffs for a third year in a row, Art II will be okay with it.

Which hasn't happened since Y2K

14. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    They might take a small step back, but they will still be very good, they have 3 All-Pros returning. Also with a healthy Ben the offense will score more, the defense won't have to carry the team like last year.

15. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
  16. vlad582

vlad582 Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2017
    Arrow up:
    1. Running backs - I feel Connor will come back strong and look more like his 2018 self. First time in a while we had solid depth at the position as Samuels and Snell show promise and can step in to the spotlight when needed.
    2. Linebackers - Bush and Watt are going to anchor this crew for a while (hopefully). Still not sold on Dupree so I still feel we can get his production for less from a more stable veteran.
    3. Secondary - Fitz pushed the needle on this group and future looks bright. I feel that Edmunds will prove to be a bust so they need to replace him sooner than later for this group to fully shine.
    4. Boswell - Nice rebound for what will hopefully be an outlier season.
    Arrow down:
    1. Quarterbacks - Ben is past prime and has next to no talent behind him on the depth chart.
    2. Offensive line - Losing Munch hurt more than I anticipated. Depth will thin in free agency and unless we strike gold in draft has to be weaker group.
    3. Wide receivers - Johnson and Washington stepped up but Juju doesn't look like a #1 so may not have the explosive playmaking we got used to with AB around. Going to have to spread ball around to be effective.
    4. Tight end - No idea where this unit is going. McDonald is almost sure cap casualty unless he restructures. Vannett as a #1? Again unless we strike gold in draft or pull a surprise out of a hat in free agency this is a weak unit.
    5. Coaching - Tomlin did a great job with an injury ravaged team but lost games late to beatable teams that could have got us to the playoffs. Is Butler figuring it out? Still not sold. Finchter is a joke.
    6. Berry - No idea why he is still on the team?
    No movement:

1. Defensive line - Hargrave walking hurts but. can be overcome. Tuitt needs to stay healthy. Heyward is the workhorse. Depth is questionable but I feel a healthy. Heyward and Tuitt keeps this unit. respectable.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Jujubean

Aug 12, 2019
    Arrow Pointing Down for 13 years

TOMLIN

18. Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0 Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2019
    [​IMG]