1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Patrick Mahomes future vs TB and BR

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Stone, Feb 13, 2020.

1. bradshaw12

bradshaw12 Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2018
    Not looking to start anything, but, Mahomes won't win multiple championships, the K.C. Chiefs might. He will have been a player on the team that won the championships.

2. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    Yes, your projection can't be taken seriously. Mine can because it represented a compete body of work. Maybe it was a little too difficult for you to comprehend;)

3. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    I wish I could poop for two minutes!:drinks:

4. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    By "coming down to earth" I don't mean he will become average, I mean he will not maintain the meteoric rise he is currently riding. Barring injury, he may become the GOAT, but he will not maintain the numbers he is currently racking up....unless of course the NFL continues to modify rules.

5. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    But it's just waaaaaaay too early to project that. What if:
    1. The Hunt family goes the route of the Steelers and leaves the team in the hands of a politician?
    2. Andy Reid retires?
    3. KC's OC leaves and they get someone like Futchner?
    4. As you mentioned, his health?

6. OX1947

OX1947 Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2017
    Mahomes' mental game is what sets him apart. He is Aaron Rodgers with leadership. Pretty much deadly for any opponent.

7. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Mahomes tied with Andy Reid likely will win numerous titles. Reid is an offensive wizard and Mahomes is the most naturally gifted QB in the league. They make a hell of a duo

8. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    He should already have 2, 2 in a row...But the Cheats do what the Cheats do so.....

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. MeanJoeBlue

MeanJoeBlue Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2013
    isn't it possible that the big year was a fluke, and his good-but-not-great last year represents what he will do in the future?
    Instead of your projection of 690 TD's 85538 yards, you would get 535 TDs and 83K yards.

Or use only Ben's first 2 years of starting, instead of his whole career. Do your same projecting. Instead of 501 TDs and 78K yards, you would get 603 TDs and 88.8K yards. Those numbers compare favorably to your Mahomes projection.

Do you comprehend now? Calling at a "complete body of work" doesn't mask the fact that it is only 31 games over 3 seasons.

10. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    Sorry man, I just can't type any slower. Let me try one more angle. Did you read my original post? In which the entire concept was that he would NOT continue on the same pace he has amassed in his first two years. And to lend credence (sorry for the big word) to my premise, I extrapolated (sorry again) his two year career to equal the number of attempts Tom Brady has had. Maybe you can find a teacher to read it and explain it for you? :thumbs up:

11. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015

I'll make you the same bet I made @FootballAnalyst98

Let's make a gentleman's bet, or a case of Bourbon County Brand Stout, whichever you are willing to lose:smiley1: I will bet you that at the end of the 2022 season, at least 2 out of 4 of these stats will be down from their current number.
    1. Regular season TD per attempt of 6.9%
    2. Regular season yards per attempt of 8.6
    3. Playoff TD per attempt of 7.1%
    4. Playoff yards per attempt of 8.0
    https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/M/MahoPa00.htm

12. OX1947

OX1947 Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2017
    Numbers told the story in 2018 for Mahomes but he was always more than that. He was just as deadly this year throwing for 26 TDs(Injured for a month), as he was throwing 50 TD's.

I am not a stats guy. I really do not pay attention to stats with players. Patrick Mahomes has a physical and mental game that very few people have ever had. It is Tiger Woods, Kobe Bryant like. The difference between the 3 is Patrick Mahomes does it the way Joe Montana did it. With cool precision. Where as Tiger Woods and Kobe Bryant would do it by ripping your heart out and standing over you while they were eating it.

13. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    All that to say you are too chicken to take the bet?:hehehe:

14. blackandgoldpatrol

blackandgoldpatrol Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2011
    the only thing that will slow mahomes down is injury...… if he remains in good health, defensive coordinators will lose plenty of sleep

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. AFan

AFan Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    I have no idea if Mahomes will win another title. Lots of young guys who were sure win multiple titles often don't. Ex: Marino after '84, Rodgers after '10, Ben would surely win another being only 26 when we won his 2nd. Luck, team injuries, bad D , can all keep a great QB from winning more titles.

But I will say this, for the rest of the '20s, Mahomes will be standard of performance that other QBs will be measured. He may not win another title or throw 50 TDs again, but he will win a lot of games and will regularly throw 30+ TDs.

16. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    That is bound to happen ' based on one thing ..."The salary cap"...I think it's a safe BET to say Mahommes will be the highest paid player EVER, When his rookie deal is up...

We can relate with Bens cap numbers...The ability to keep that OL, all those weapons AND a good Defense...Is a really tough act when the QB takes up such a large chunk of Mullah

17. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Apparently, it isn't necessary to be a teacher to talk down to people and demean them for daring to disagree with you after all. ;)

18. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    I would say that the league's push to make it more of a passing game will inflate a youngsters numbers more than salary cap will deflate them.

19. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015

Maybe not, but in your case, I'm guessing that being a teacher didn't make you sanctimonious, being sanctimonious made you a teacher.

We knew you couldn't go any longer without preaching.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2020
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  20. Steelers304

Steelers304 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2015
    Mahomes will be in the conversation as the greatest to ever play QB when he hangs it up. He could retire now and make the HOF

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  21. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    I'd like to see how he does without fat Andy's play calling acumen. Could Fitchner keep him in the HOF conversation? What if he had say Hue Jackson, Adam Gase, or Freddie Kitchens as a HC?

22. dobbler-33

dobbler-33 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    Kids got the tools to thrive in any situation. Of course some situations are highly more favorable than others in many ways.

I'd love to have seen what Ben could've done with a fat Andy tutelage, as he's never really had an impressive offensive mind to lab rat his ass.

• Agree Agree x 2
  23. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    That's just silly!

24. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    Is that the same thing you say about Brady?

He literally has multiple titles that the defense pulled out of their butts!