1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Myles Garrett again alleges Mason Rudolph called him a racial slur

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Hawaii 5-0, Feb 13, 2020.

1. Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0 Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2019
    Myles Garrett again alleges Mason Rudolph called him a

racial slur, sparking brawl

Cleveland Browns defensive end Myles Garrett again alleged that Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Mason Rudolph used a racial slur toward him just prior to the brawl at the end of their November game.

"He called me the N-word," Garrett told Outside The Lines' Mina Kimes during an interview that airs Thursday night on SportsCenter. "He called me a 'stupid N-word.'"

The NFL suspended Garrett indefinitely for ripping Rudolph's helmet off and hitting him in the head with it during the Browns' 21-7 win on Nov. 14. The incident ended up costing him the final six games of the regular season and roughly $1.2 million in pay, plus a fine of $45,623.

Garrett was reinstated by the league on Wednesday.

to read rest of article:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id...son-rudolph-called-racial-slur-sparking-brawl

2. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
  3. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Stupid N...

well, he got half of it correct

almost as good as 8-8

4. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Nitwit? Seems to fit.

5. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    This shows the real character of Garrett, he knows he has lost respect and he is making this up as an excuse.

6. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    https://triblive.com/sports/tim-ben...m-making-racism-claims-against-mason-rudolph/
    Now MR should sue his dumb ass. The NFL and Goodell are a disgrace. As apart of his premature reinstatement he should of been told to drop the claim against MR. He should be immediately suspended again because it’s obvious there is no remorse and what he’s doing to MR with his claims should be punished once again. If the league won’t do it MR should take him to court. If I was a lawyer I would be calling MR right now.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    Tomlin and Rooney should be okay with it:cool:

8. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    How could any lawyer prove what was or wasn't said?

9. LambertsDentist

LambertsDentist Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2014
    Agreed. In a civil slander suit MR would have to prove that Garrett made the claim (easily done) AND that Garrett's claim was a lie (impossible to prove). Only an idiot lawyer would take the case.

10. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    The same way Garrett could.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. LambertsDentist

Aug 13, 2014
    Garrett doesn't have to prove anything. The burden of proof lies with the plantiff (sp)

12. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    It’s defamation of character and considered a civil wrong. It’s not a crime but he could sue MG for defamation of character. You see it all the time with celebrities. It’s up to the accuser to prove he said it not the victim of such a claim. You can’t just go around publicly accusing someone of something.

13. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    As Garrett pointed out, there were players mike'd up. The problem is that MR and a lawyer don't stand a chance against the NFL if the NFL doesn't want "their" property, in the form of audio recordings, to be made public. If there ever was audio evidence to prove either side of the story, it has probably been long destroyed because the NFL doesn't want this type of publicity proving a star's racial claim, or exonerating a lowly back up thereby discrediting the star.

It has been said to me by Browns fans that MR "had" to have called him a N.... why else would Garrett have reacted the way he did? To that I say, then what did Garrett call MR to evoke the explosive reaction he had?

14. Smitch89

Smitch89 Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2018
    They were saying the exact opposite on the fan. Garret is the one that needs to prove it he's the moron accusing him Rudolph doesn't need to prove squat

• Like Like x 1
  15. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    To establish a character defamation case, you must show:
    • The statement was not substantially true.
    • You can identify who made the false statement.
    • The person knowingly or recklessly made a false statement.
    • The statement was published (verbally or in writing) to someone other than you.
    • The false statement harmed you.
    Feb 12, 2019

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  16. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    This is over my head I guess. I stayed outta trouble all these years so I wouldn't have to know these things.
    I'm going back to holding baby kittens.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  17. Mike T

Mike T Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2018
    Stephen A was on this morning and touched on this. His take was that with all the technology on the field with players mic'ed up and other mics around the field that it would have been heard. Also he said with as many black players on the field as there are, that nobody came forth and said they heard says a lot as well.

18. cajunyankee

cajunyankee Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    From everything I’ve read this just doesn’t fit Rudolph’s character, in fact there seems to be zero evidence he has ever used that type of language and there is evidence he uses a different cuss word, SOB, even all his teammates have said he’ll use that but has never used the slur......

I believe Garrett is the classic Race Baiter, accuse someone of being racist to take the heat off you and on them,

Cajun
    <><

19. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    Trust me it’s over my head as well. I’m just echoing what I’m hearing and read. Holding kittens is the best way to go through life...lol

20. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    If Rudolph were dumb enough to try a slander case. That'd never work. Now, assault...….

• Agree Agree x 1
  21. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    I think he is just an idiot, from birth. Character, respect? He's clueless to both.

22. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    Just those two? :facepalm:

23. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    Holding kittens helps. :shrug:

• Like Like x 1
  24. BK99

BK99 Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    He never said anything about that to any other players or coaches. That "excuse" never came out until he tried to reduce his suspension. The league said they did interview other players near the incident as well as listened to the player and field mics and they never heard it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  25. LambertsDentist

Aug 13, 2014
    Instead of holding baby kittens (or adult kittens) use a fork or chop sticks when eating chinese food. Its not as messy.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1