1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

George's draft II

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by steeler_george, Feb 14, 2020.

1. steeler_george

steeler_george Well-Known Member

Jan 18, 2020
    After reading and hearing things from Colbert, Rooney, and the Steeler reporters ( Dullac, Lollley, Wolfly, etc) my mind has shifted from retooling our OL and adding depth to the defense through the draft to
    make the running game a priority.

2) Cushenberry, LSU C/G- first year swing IOL then replaces Pouncey
    3) Moss, Utah RB - 1a/b with Conner/Snell
    4) Claypool, ND or TJ Hill, OSU WR/- depth WR
    4) Akeen Davis-Gaither, Appalachain State ILB/S- redshirt pushes Gilbert ( I know I should go DL here)
    6) Deguara, Cincinnati, TE/FB-Hback/FB ( I am jelous of SF's FB)
    7) Woerner, Georgia TE -Power running team, suppose to have excellent soft hands

*Safety depth from FA ( safeties back ups are cheap and look who is on that list again Reid/ HaHa )
    **Alulou takes over NT duties along with filler at FA NT
    ***Dupree, Feiler (LG), Hilton, resigned.
    **** Chicko, Barron ( I am thinking VW might be cut instead), Berry, and Foster are all cut, save 15 M
    *****Heyward, Ben, Nelson redo contracts save money for FA NT and S
    ******McDonlad extends contract ( I hate it!) with 2nd year (2022) a ghost year, saves us money.

I would also consider trading 2021 3rd ( we should have 2 next year) to jump in the 4th and grab DL/OL /TE/ S help. ( Hamilton or a Ruandy or Harrrison Bryant or Fuller)

• Like Like x 1
  2. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012

Nicely done it don't matter if people agree or disagree what I like is you explained everything and thought it out. You addressed everything and talked about FA which is nice. I like Cushenberry and Deguara, have read a lot on here that people are high on Moss and Claypool. I have also read good things on Davis-Gaither during the bowl season.

It is no secret if you have read my posts I am not in favor of the tag for bud simply because IMO we can get the same production at half the cost all while beefing up the rest of the team. I just can't see them cutting VW since we won't save any money, we will have 6 mil dead money and not even free up 1 mil in cap space.

Nice job man.

3. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    I agree with you on his draft. Would possibly look at Dline or Edge instead on ILB. Also agree with you on tagging Bud, if they do not resign him before the year the hit is just to great. I cannot see cutting Macdonald simply because there is no one there to replace him. You are not going to get anything in FA for that price, and cn you really see a 4th or lower draft pick coming in to start. I read a poster on another sight making a statement that our potential 3rd (from bell) and the 2 4ths would produce instant starters. Might get lucky and find a diamond that late, more likely find prospects and get lucky t=for 1 or 2 to produce quality snaps.

• Like Like x 1