1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Time to Cut Ben and move on!!

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by cajunyankee, Feb 11, 2020.

1. blake duerden

blake duerden Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2017
    look at the contract duude

2. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    Hell seeing that list makes me hope for at least an O'Donnell..thats brutal man..oh so brutal.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012

Do not curse at us..............

• Like Like x 1
  4. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
  5. Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0 Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2019
    Steelers GM: We don't think Big Ben is at end of road

By Kevin Patra
    Around the NFL Writer
    Feb. 14, 2020

Ben Roethlisberger missed all but two games of the 2019 campaign before ending his season on injured reserve due to an elbow injury.

The Steelers expect Big Ben to come out completely healthy on the other side. GM Kevin Colbert told reporters Thursday the quarterback is on track in his rehab.

"We're hopeful he can make a complete recovery (from surgery on his right elbow). So far, he's on course for that," Colbert said, via Bob Labriola of the team's official website.

NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported Thursday on NFL NOW that even with the optimism about Roethlisberger's situation, the team could take it slow with rehab this summer.

"Sounds like his rehab is going well," Rapoport said. "And yes, surgery on his elbow to reattach some tendons was major. It was serious. I wouldn't be surprised if Ben takes it extremely slow during the spring. But from everything that I have heard, he's going to be their quarterback next year. And it does seem like they're open to the possibility of that continuing on maybe into 2021 as well."

The Steelers have insisted they aren't looking to upgrade the quarterback position behind Big Ben, believing the veteran has several years of quality football left.

to read rest of article:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...itm_source=parsely-api?icampaign=trendingNews

6. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Quality football left? Probably.

Championship football? They better find help around him.

This ride could get bumpy. :cool:

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. burghfan58

burghfan58 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I don't think we can cut him. Time will tell once he starts throwing whether he still has it. Now one scary part I have is the irony of the injury. It was a similar injury to Tommy Maddox that brought BigBen into the starting position. When Tommy did come in to play it was clear he know longer had the zip on the ball he once had and floated a few interceptions out there. Hopefully, this is not the case with Ben, but the irony scares me a bit.