1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Diontae Johnson

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Chainmover1, Feb 10, 2020.

1. Chainmover1

Chainmover1 Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2014
    While I was looking around to see if anything was going on with the team, I saw a picture posted by him in a hospital bed. It was posted on one of the top Steeler sites Steelers Depot.

https://steelersdepot.com/category/news/

This certainly interested me considering after reviewing the past season he just might be the only player on the Offense I would for sure keep. [okay, maybe a few others too]

Anyway, I started searching for some more info on the matter and thought it was odd that no mention of this was on either the Post-Gazette, the Trib or anywhere else either. I then suspected that this might not be a recent picture and did find out that he did miss the entire 2016 season due to an injury. Maybe this was not a recent pic IDK.

I then searched this site and did find several very fine threads on him by several well known posters,but all were prior to the season. I might add they were really on target.

http://thesteelersfans.com/forums/threads/for-diontae-johnson-followers-and-believer.22333/

http://thesteelersfans.com/forums/threads/diontae-johnson-hour-and-half-breakdown.22196/

Last edited: Feb 10, 2020
  2. Chainmover1

Chainmover1 Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2014
    They probably expect big things from him next season. Wasn't he their leading receiver this year?

3. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    It's probably just some minor offseason surgery.

4. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    I wouldn't be surprised if Johnson becomes the #1 in season

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. blackandgoldpatrol

blackandgoldpatrol Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2011
    he led the team in receptions...… James Washington led the team in yds

6. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    He looks dynamic! He needs to protect the ball!

7. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Johnson needs to become the #1 Steelers have lacked since AB went batsh!t. From what I've seen, he looks like he could be better than JuJu.

8. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    I think last year has to be thrown out as far as evaluating WR's. Whether you want to blame Fucthner, the QB situation, Ju Ju, Tomlin, or the mail man, last year was a complete and total throw away in that category. But hey, Tomlin almost got us to the playoffs......again!

9. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

Pair Diontae with a "Thermonuclear Option" at receiver to help him out. Jalen Raegor could fall at pick 49. Dude is legit 4.2 speed all day.

He definitley needs some work though, route running being the biggest among them. That said, that is fine overall. Let him do what he does best early on.

Everyone on Offense benefits.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Me either. If Ben likes him the sky is the limit.

11. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    Depends on what season of JuJu's you compare him to. Potential is there though.

12. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    Two years running cuts deep for such a great franchise.

13. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    downloadfile-1.jpg

14. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    I think a lot is going to depend on a good wr coach being brought in. With the 3 we have and Cain and we did bring in darboh and brought back the little fast guy from pitt, we could be ok. Depends on Ben getting on the same page with these new guys in time. :cool: