1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Landry Jones

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by 58stillers, Feb 6, 2020.

1. Hanratty#5

Hanratty#5 Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2019
    Wow, we are really in the darkness of the off-season when we are discussing why Landry Jones went into the construction business.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. blake duerden

blake duerden Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2017
    those with more money tend to spend faster ..just a possibility.

3. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Maybe he could get AB a job, let him develop some self worth again. :shrug:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  4. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Did I say 30 million dollars a year? We are talking about contracts and top tier players. Y’all have morphed it into this ifs and buts bs scenario.

5. dobbler-33

dobbler-33 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    If nothing else it would lead to some pretty good lunch box sessions and a construction zone is the best environment I can think of to get the burning question answered... Is AB actually dumber than a bag of hammers?

6. SteelersFanIrl

SteelersFanIrl Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2019
    A developmental league is not the worst idea ever to be fair. I think a platform to give a second or third chance to guys who get injured/ cut etc would be great.

For it to work properly I think it would need to be supported by the NFL though, possibly using an extension of the current practice squad. Instead of ten players per team make it 53 and give them their own league, if somebody blows the doors off let them move up to the next level seamlessly.

7. MeanJoeBlue

MeanJoeBlue Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2013
    It sure sounded like you did: "30,000,000 or 250,000."
    250K is a one-year salary for XFL.
    30M is (in round numbers) the price tag per year for the top QBs.

If you meant $30M over the course of an entire contract, it wouldn't make sense to compare it to a 1-year number.

8. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Alright I read the article and saw that he made $2.5M his last year with the steelers alone but didn't see anything about what happened to his money. I may have have missed that part because it was a little long. How about you enlighten us instead of being a dick?

Either way, I dont have any sympathy for someone who got a free college education and made at least several million dollars playing a game, who now has to find a grown up job. Gimme a friggin break.

• Like Like x 1
  9. strummerfan

May 9, 2012

Wow reading comprehension isn’t your strong suit. You’re not supposed to have sympathy for him. It’s not the intent of the article. He’s 29 and needed a new career and wanted to learn construction. So he started at the bottom. He doesn’t want to sit around on his ass for the next 40-50 years. Oh the horror

Last edited: Feb 8, 2020
  10. BigBensBigBong

BigBensBigBong Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2014
    Mmm. Well I guess they did not take AB in. Wonder if they even asked?

11. strummerfan

May 9, 2012

They made it very clear they weren’t interested in AB via statement.

12. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    My reading comprehension is just fine, but thanks anyways. Go take your :bscow: to one of your homies.

13. strummerfan

May 9, 2012
    sure thing tough guy

14. The Glory Days

The Glory Days Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2017
    I know this is supposed to be about LJ, but the XFL is doomed for one reason...TMF. Too Much Football.

When the NFL season ends, we take a deep breath and about 10 seconds later start thinking about next season. We get excited as each milestone approaches...combine, franchise/transition tag deadline, free agency, draft, minicamp.

We yearn for the sound of pads cracking, big hits, running backs hitting the second level, free rushes at the qb. (Or in Pittsburgh, ball security, Renegade, and receivers who can catch)

The thing is, with football nearly year round, there is no "Christmas morning" feeling of anticipation and excitement. We need to feel what it feels like without it to appreciate it.

We say, "It's a long season." But damned if it doesn't feel like it is over in the blink of an eye. That's a good thing. It keeps us wanting more.

15. strummerfan

May 9, 2012

The xfl is doomed because it’s an inferior product.

16. The Glory Days

Oct 8, 2017
    So are the Steelers. :shrug:

17. strummerfan

May 9, 2012
    What about the other 31 teams

18. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    After paying his agent and everyone else players have to pay, and then taxes, he probably made the equivalent of a $350K job.

He may have used his money wisely and some people just like to "work".

And some people just don't want to work for a corrupt, immoral, company.

If it's true, I commend him.

19. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    But the Steelers are already in our blood!

20. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    I actually watched it. There are guys all the time that fall through cracks. I saw Sammie Coates playing. What did we see in him to draft him as high as we did? As far as lj, many ex players have a life after football. :cool:

21. The Glory Days

Oct 8, 2017
    Well, that was your point about the XFL and why it wouldn't last. Not disagreeing with that, but your logic would indicate that the NFL is doomed as well.

22. The Glory Days

Oct 8, 2017
    Probably what started the coronovirus.

23. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    Eli Rogers had a good game, 6 targets for 6 catches for 73 yards, I want to see landry jones play on ESPN at 5 eastern time tonight if his knee is ok if not he wont play I guess.....

24. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Eli was a good player for us. He did what he did and was good at it, then we tried to expand his strengths into a deep threat too and that didn't work well. Ben had some trust in Eli as a first down over the middle player. We have certain guys that do one thing well right now. Eli fit that mold too. What we don't have is an all around do it all guy or two that makes the rest of them effective. :cool:

25. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    They won't steal any talent form the NFL because these guys are still prima-donnas and they are not going to work for 20% of what they could make in the NFL. But........if the XFL presents a cleaner product they might just capitalize on the current image of the NFL and bring about some much needed change.