1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

AB: “I miss the ‘burgh, man. Hopefully, I can come back and get it going"

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by uncblue012, Feb 6, 2020.

1. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz :sleepy:

2. Smitch89

Smitch89 Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2018
    Anybody who wants brown back is a complete moron and should be banned from Pittsburgh right along side him

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  3. BURGH43STEL

BURGH43STEL Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    The Steelers already paid him like 12 mill for nothing this season. Unless he takes the vet min, on a prove it deal also agrees to be on good behavior for a year I don't think the Steelers would entertain him. In short, I think Brown burned that bridge. Brown is a buyer beware player.

4. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    Nope... There's always one idiot out there who would sell his soul... Dallas? Anybody? Someone will sign him, and it will be a lot more than the minimum imo...Which is also stupid imo

5. LambertsDentist

LambertsDentist Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2014
    Brown didn't burn that bridge. He nuked it. After things he said about Ben, Ju-Ju, etc it might be a little too awkward in the locker room.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. BobbyBiz

BobbyBiz Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    Well his house in Pine hasn't sold yet, so he could always move back in. And anymore reductions and along with the taxes and interest that he'll never get back, he's probably losing money on the deal, so financially it would make the most sense to him.

https://www.coldwellbankerhomes.com...heny-county/103-silver-pines-dr/pid_33253163/

But, ah......no thank you.

I sincerely hope that this isn't an act and he's finally hit bottom and trying to make amends and can return to greatness, but that ship has sailed in Pittsburgh. Let him do it somewhere else.

Oh and regarding the sincerity of it, this has to make you wonder.

If he truly is going to make a comeback for next year, why would he continue to engage with such silliness? The post seems to indicate that this isn't a done deal, but what NFL team is going to be okay with their number 1 WR doing a boxing match the week between the final pre season game and the start of the regular season? The correct response shouldn't be to send me a contract, it should be "I can't participate in your side show, I will have bigger obligations." So has he really learned and matured, or is this orchestrated?

7. Rollers

Rollers Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2016
  8. dobbler-33

dobbler-33 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    Yeah sort of... Spent a lot of his mouth on JuJu. Sounded like he believes JuJu dissed him? I remember it as JuJu replying to AB's initial BS that kept coming out of nowhere... but that's my opinion. AB had many a great moment here... With the very folks he threw under the bus. F him... It didn't have to be that way, he made it that way.

That is all

Last edited: Feb 7, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. NE Missouri Steeler

NE Missouri Steeler Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2017
    At the league minimum.....yes......why not? To play pro football, you have to be crazy......lol

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  10. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    If he's getting help, great...But he threw anybody and everybody under the bus..I can't hardly believe he went from the biggest ******* in the World, To Mr.Nice Guy overnight...No in between?

C'mon...The Dude is desperate, He knows he's burned every bridge..No thanks, I'll pass

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    AB

faulty-goods-claims.jpg

I would only consider having him back because he really does miss the Burgh & he needs the Steelers holding his hand.

12. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Glad someone said it. I feel like I'm in some bizarro world reading some of these posts. AB hasn't learned anything. Every day of his life is chaotic right now. He flip flops daily. He burned bridges on 3 different teams in a matter of months, including NE, a team that has shown they can keep pretty much everyone in line.

Bringing him back would create chaos all over again. Not to mention that when he last played for us, and we had a healthy, productive Connor, we missed the playoffs. That was also when we had a top Oline, which we don't have anymore. We don't suddenly become a top 4 team with AB. We're a fringe playoff team that will compete for the wild card. We beat up on some really bad teams to get to 8-8. We'll be better with Ben of course, but he is banged up, old, and doesn't train much in the off season.

Some are expecting way too much.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Informative Informative x 1
  13. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    I was just listening to Charlie Batch. He doesn’t think AB will ever play again. He thinks the only deal AB will be offered by any team will be a vet minimum prove it deal and AB’s ego won’t let him accept it.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. blake duerden

blake duerden Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2017
    his head aint straight yet soo he doesnt know what hes talkin about. till or if there is a day then i will listen. still #clown

15. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    I would take him back for league minimum and 100% incentive based contract. He would have to waive his rights to the NFLPA and agree that if he missed a single meeting or caused a single distraction, he is gone and forfeits all further pay.

Someone finally got through his mental illness and convinced him that if he doesn't apologize to "everybody" he will never play again......and he will be broke in 2021.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  16. steelers5859

steelers5859 Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Not no but hell.........

17. MeanJoeBlue

MeanJoeBlue Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2013
    For a moment, I thought you were talking about the Patriots, and Bill Belichick getting therapy for his pathological need to cheat, even when his team is good enough without it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    I didn't read the whole thread but I would take him back but not on his terms it would have to be the Steelers terms. If he wants to come back and is truly sorry well than:

A) He signs a team friendly contract to prove he is a team player

B) His contract would have to forbid social media and stuff

C) He would have to meet with all the players and mend fences

I have said it before and I will say it again there is not a better combo of Ben and AB in the NFL right now. If they could get that back that would be awesome, all of what I said don't mean crap cause AB is effed up and this will never happen.

19. Iowasteeljim

Iowasteeljim

Oct 26, 2011
    Surprisingly, I'm not really sure how I feel about this. Most of me wants nothing to do with his BS, but then... I think about what he could do for the team provided we maintain the defense we have now, and Ben comes back. Under the right terms, restrictions, limitations, and rules...nah!

• Like Like x 1
  20. SteelersFanIrl

SteelersFanIrl Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2019
    Leaving aside all that has happened could brown be the same player if he returned? He will be 32 and the infrastructure around him will have declined enormously, who knows what Ben will be like for a start.

If he is genuinely reformed and can come back and go for even 1000 yards and 10 TD’s sign me up but I think the risk it could go off the rails again and become a huge distraction for the team is too great. I can’t think of a team where his face would fit otherwise though.

• Like Like x 1
  21. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    I'm sure the NFLPA would be on board for this.:cautious:

22. dobbler-33

dobbler-33 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    I wouldn't take him back if paid the Steelers 30 million to prove himself. The kid is not worth the volatile headache he has created for himself and others... Loved his play on the field but he showed his true colors and I'd be seriously shocked if anyone on the team would welcome him back. He might be able to attend a team reunion down the road and the old men can hash it out then but the dude has became beyond cancerous to this particular locker room.

23. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    *crying voice*

Whole lotta money
    Whole lotta money
    Whole lotta money

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  24. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    I'd welcome back AB in a second if he weren't totally off the rails. Talent wise he is below few others if any at all. In short, I believe people can change, I just don't think he's mature enough to do so.

• Agree Agree x 1
  25. Quadrupleyoi

Quadrupleyoi Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2017
    This made me laugh so hard that I shot coffee out my nose and farted simultaneously. AB has worn out his welcome in the known universe. The XFL has said they won’t have him. He needs a net thrown over him. And they could use the same one on whoever would sign him. He has radioactive cooties at this point.