1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

AB: “I miss the ‘burgh, man. Hopefully, I can come back and get it going"

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by uncblue012, Feb 6, 2020.

1. uncblue012

uncblue012 Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  2. Jim90

Jim90 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    I would take anybody to get ju ju going again,,be like a 2 for 1 deal..AB would get ju ju open.. looks like the therapy is working or the mental drugs

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. GoalLine

GoalLine

Oct 16, 2011
    and then he immediately turned away and said....

smeagol.gif

• Hilarious Hilarious x 10
    • Winner Winner x 3
  4. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    he's mentally ill, but so am I. I would take him back, i miss him lol. I know he needs the money and probably doesnt care. Put up with his antics for 1 year and imagine him, juju, ben, this defense.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. bigbenhotness

Nov 1, 2014
    I think he learned his lesson that he is not bigger than anyone. He has been humbled and probably realizes how fast he can fade away. Needs to come back with his tail between his legs and shut up.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  6. uncblue012

uncblue012 Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2017
    I can't help but imagine a healthy AB added to this offense and the defense being elite again. I mean, with Ben, we're probably a top 4 NFL team, even without him, we're really good.

7. bigbenhotness

Nov 1, 2014
    if Pouncey snaps balls like ass and the O line keeps stumbling then we will still suck, just not as bad.

8. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    We have no money, won nothing with him, Ben is injured and old and may lose several off this defense. Hell no I don't want him back. Think back to the first 6 qtrs. to start last season. Rebuild not slide back.There is no fountain of youth. Hanging on to what could have been is stupid. Age wins every time. Look at these final teams in the playoffs. Youth. Good planning. Good coaching. Just stop with the AB crap. :cool:

• Agree Agree x 11
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  9. Steelersfire

Steelersfire Well-Known Member

Jan 17, 2019
    WTF no one could seriously want AB back on this team right?

The guy hasn't learned his lesson at all! He's literally a few days removed from being arrested and publicly bragging about cursing out both the police and the mother of his children as those very children watched the whole thing.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Hell. No.

• Agree Agree x 4
  11. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    10 demerits for starting another AB thread.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 7
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    Who?

• Like Like x 2
  13. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    The only thing he may have finally realized, not learned, is that for money to keep rolling in and be relevant in the national football conversation, he has to act and say things he would never do without hitting some personal or financial crisis. At least temporarily until he has fooled everyone again.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    1,000 times no. Some of you guys have a bad case of Charlie Brown trying to kick Lucys football.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 3
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. BigBensBigBong

BigBensBigBong Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2014
    If he goes a whole year with no employment he might be willing to play for NFL minimum. Wait and see if he can go a year without talking crazy, then offer minimum, LOL.

16. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Apologize to the team, Rooneys & especially Big Ben then yeah, I'm gullible. I don't think he learned any lessons though, just sayin.

17. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    The man is still facing accusations of sexual misconduct, including rape, in addition to his many other issues. I defended the idea of keeping him as strongly as anyone before he was traded, but given all that we have learned since, I just don't see it.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  18. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    You can only say sorry so many times before it just becomes words, actions speak louder than words.

AB says sorry a lot, but never follows up with better action. It's a lot of the same, he have to show me a lot before I'd ever take him back.

People rarely change.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    I don't think AB is at that point yet. He will be. I have no doubt about that. But not yet.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    The Steelers may be the only team able to rehabilitate AB. If AB finally comes to the self realization that he has F@$ked up royally, and wants a second chance to get his career back here, I could see the Steelers trying to help him. Not saying it would ever happen, or work out but here's how it could.

Mandatory metal counseling which AB must not miss a single session of from the second he is signed and throughout the season.
    Veteran minimum 1 year prove it deal. No incentives.
    Must take part in every team practice and function from OTAs the whole way through the season. Miss a practice without a legit injury and your gone.
    Hire Hines Ward as an assistant WR coach with the job of mentoring AB. (The AB whisperer)
    AB must come into camp an make the team. He should be treated as an undrafted free agent until he does.
    Any unlawful act, drug violation, domestic dispute, and or etc will result in immediate release from the team.

If AB can do that, I would take him back, not only to help the Steelers but to hopefully help AB return to reality and salvage whats left of his legacy.

Even if any of this would be a possibility, as @Formerscribe pointed out, AB is facing multiple criminal charges. I'm just not sure the Rooneys want to touch that.

• Agree Agree x 1
  21. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Hell no

• Like Like x 1
  22. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    OK But where is the good coaching coming from.?.. Most fans on here will turn on a coach/ player quickier than ****..

23. Jball

Jball Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2012
    I would need AB to be evaluated in an intensive psychological test as an inpatient in a hospital by a team for like two weeks.

I'm sure the guy can help the team immensely.

24. Steelrules

Steelrules Well-Known Member

May 12, 2013
    If taking him back along with BB making a full recovery and our D playing at last year’s level means a seventh ring then hell yes

25. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    LoL. That's a whole lot of "ifs". I doubt even Glenn could be that optimistic.