1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Big Ben got screwed by AB

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Steelersfire, Feb 4, 2020.

1. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Well stated. Ben made some growing up mistakes & learned from them. The guys who don't learn are the vermin.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    Maybe Ben had enough of ABs bullsh!t? Who hasn't? :shrug:

• Like Like x 1
  3. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    Nah, Ben had locked the door anyway.

4. BURGH43STEL

BURGH43STEL Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    AB has a problem and so does Ben. They ended one of the great QB/WR tandems in the history of the league.

• Winner Winner x 1
  5. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Much of the report was made public at the time. The DA's office didn't file charges because they didn't have enough, but they made public statements and put the information out there because they were disgusted by his behavior. He and his crew got an underage girl drunk. (She was 20 at the time.) His crew brought him to her in a bathroom, locked the door and blocked anybody from getting to them. The "she was asking for it" defense doesn't fly here.

6. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Exactly. I thought it was just one or two off-duty police officers, but he also had one of his offensive linemen, Willie Colon, blocking the door.

7. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Some of what he did went beyond mistakes and we don't know for sure that he learned anything other than how to keep his indiscretions private.

8. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    Nice theory. I can't say if he did anything wrong or not. Wasn't there & I trust people about as far as I can throw them.

9. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    You said it brother. Ben to AB hit the Bradshaw to Swann, Stallworth bar.

10. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Exactly. Blaming the media is just a convenient excuse

• Like Like x 1
  11. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    You're probably right, I don't remember every detail.

12. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    If its on the internet it must be true:rolleyes:

13. BobbyBiz

BobbyBiz Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    Welcome to the offseason......

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  14. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Just Google:

Ben Roethlisberger Police Report

I did out of curiosity. Minus private name redaction, it is there.

15. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    It's available outside of the internet, it's a police report.

16. SteelerNole

SteelerNole Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2019
    Ben is in the NFL and AB isn’t. Ben gets a check and AB doesn’t. I’m betting Ben couldn’t care less what AB, the media, or anyone here thinks of him.

17. dobbler-33

dobbler-33 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011

18. dobbler-33

Nov 13, 2011
    I read it years ago. I was a deputy sheriff for 25 years and know how things get misreported, covered up and anything else one can speculate to fit a narrative. I saw a lot from many different people and their many different angles/agendas. I believe he acted like an idiot and I believe that girl acted like an idiot right along with him. His security detail should've steered his drunk ass better as well but as we all know that did not happen. These things happen all the time and more often than they NEVER should... Alas people are not perfect by nature and tend to put themselves in ****ty situations. For the record, I am still pissed that the event happened and even wanted him done in my knee jerk job oriented way. I don't think he raped her period. If he did, then them folks in that dept. and their DA dropped a serious ball.

My opinion is nothing more than a drunk ass of stature got pegged by a group of girls and one girl in particular that appeared to be worth his time in a bathroom. His security detail (friends) failed to sniff it out (encouraging him) and 2 folks made the news with a regrettable decision on both parties involved.

If Ben was the dick some accounts detail at the time, I'm sure he talked some **** more than once to many officers. They probably wanted to pin him down but couldn't... Ran with these allegations that did not stick and the rest is public opinion.

I understand your stance and that's all fine and well my man. In the spirit of all said, my kids don't wear 7 they wear 43 but honestly they can wear 7 all day long before they wear anything encouraging a bad decision type of advertisement on their shirts.

19. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    I was with you right up until the second half of your last sentence.

• Like Like x 1
  20. dobbler-33

Nov 13, 2011
    Understandable... I would only clarify by saying wearing a shirt saying "l like dick... Down to ****" etc... Shouldn't encourage dumb little boys to push the envelope but again, it's some pretty inviting 1st amendment **** that is going to garner some bad intentions unwanted or otherwise. It generally is bad advertising regardless of your morals and by no means an invitation but still... It will put one in a bad spot at any given moment.

• Agree Agree x 1
  21. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    You admit that you have no idea if he did or did not, yet you condemn him as if he did. That doesn't compute.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  22. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Oh, so you were there? Please enlighten us with what really happened then.

23. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
  24. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    Fair enough, I get it. It's third world behavior, but I get it.

• Like Like x 1
  25. dobbler-33

Nov 13, 2011
    SadLy it's real world behavior going on in our very own neighborhood pubs. I don't condone it and I don't fall into the crowd of "well what did you expect"... But I encourage any and all to atleast think about what they put on prior to hitting the street ya know? I'm not one of those she or he had it coming due to attire, but it does make for insensitive talking points and again it further puts people in positions they weren't looking to be in especially when the story alleged she was on a promiscuous approach misleading titled t shirt in tow. In reality, that could've been what ruined any case she may have actually had.

For example, my wife bought me a T shirt that says "what am I an *******?" It was a joke gift she thought was funny as I tend to use that remark in self defense of husbandry short comings right or wrong. I told her well I guess I can use another oil rag as I won't wear that in public. She said why it's funny! I said it's an invitation for a dumb mofo to to get curious about. Is what it is and of course I'm in my 40s now. The 20 year old me would've worn it with pride hahahahahaha

Edit*** wearing a steeler anything has got me into quite a bit of not so friendly conversations over the years too so I guess it doesn't matter, people are F'd up at every turn.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2020