1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Mock Draft

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by VTSteelerfan, Feb 4, 2020.

1. VTSteelerfan

VTSteelerfan Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2016
    New mock draft has us taking Jalen Hurts in the third round? Do you think he could be a good pro?

2. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    I saw that, no I wouldn't draft Hurts, not a good enough passer.

3. blackandgoldpatrol

blackandgoldpatrol Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2011
    I saw a few mocks that had us taking hurts in the 2nd

4. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    With the issues we have on the OL/TE, this would be wrong on multiple levels. Management already has said we are staying pat on the 5 QBs under contract right now. So why is this even coming up? The only way I'd take Hurts is if he doesn't get drafted and we invite him to camp.

PS: Who?

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    Yep. If we go QB or WR (or at least WR early doors) I won’t be pleased. Though I have seen some mocks having us take a WR in the 2nd. We have way more needs though.

6. Hanratty#5

Hanratty#5 Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2019
    I would take a chance on him in the later rounds but only as a WR.

7. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    QB will be a popular pick by the national media because of all the trouble the team had this past year with the back ups. I don't think the team would get a QB in the first four rounds because it could be viewed as a sign of "no confidence" in MR, and I just don't think the team is there quite yet. Plus we don't have a lot of picks, and they should try to shore up other areas.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. blake duerden

blake duerden Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2017
    yep simply wait til next draft and use the 1st rounder

9. Kreighoff

Kreighoff Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2017
    Why draft another QB who can't throw we are already stacked in that dept.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. dobbler-33

dobbler-33 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    Hell nah

11. Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0 Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2019
    Steelers land massive defensive tackle, athletic quarterback in new mock draft

https://steelerswire.usatoday.com/2020/02/04/steelers-2020-nfl-draft-jalen-hurts-leki-fotu/

Three-round 2020 NFL mock draft 1.0: Steelers select Jalen Hurts

By Chad Reuter
    Draft analyst
    Published: Feb. 3, 2020

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...nfl-mock-draft-10-steelers-select-jalen-hurts

Last edited: Feb 4, 2020
  12. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    Thats assuming we don't double down in desperation and give away our 1st rd pick again next season. There is another thread with a theme about how we suck at evaluation talent (or something along those lines). Makes me wonder that the one player that brought the defense together was drafted by another team.

13. OX1947

OX1947 Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2017
    Draft a QB in the 2nd round? Couldn't Hurt. Sorry, I had to do it.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  14. Chainmover1

Chainmover1 Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2014
    Looks like more Steeler enemies trying to brainwash our draft team into making a stupid decision. Must think we have a bunch of easily influenced dopes running the show in there. Hmm?

btw: I'm thinking this "draft team" is basically Colbert/Tomlin at least as head honchos.

15. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    They're the GM and Head Coach...I would hope so

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  16. Chainmover1

Chainmover1 Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2014
    The team has had some really good ones but a few clunkers got throwed in too.

1 17 Jarvis Jones OLB Georgia

Great pick but bad luck Shazier

1 22 Bud Dupree LB Kentucky
    2 56 Senquez Golson CB Mississippi
    3 87 Sammie Coates WR Auburn
    4 121 Doran Grant CB Ohio State

1 25 Artie Burns CB Miami (Fla.)
    2 58 Sean Davis SAF Maryland

But the granddaddy of them all was 2013.

Numerous player tout sites had JJ going very high in the draft.[some to the Steelers]

But the overwhelming consensus on various Steeler message boards disagreed and I might add vehemently.
    I remember this because he was the last player I thought could possibly be drafted after reading numerous posts by fans who in the past had great track records on evaluating college players and I respected their opinions.

Well you see how that turned out. This mock recommendation reminded me of that one.

He might be a good player but he was considered a loser in the senior bowl and didn't do too well in the PO
    game either. So now he is being touted to save the Steelers asses. Go figure????

17. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    That would hurt. :hehehe::cool:

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    Agreed...For the most part they have been solid, but I, like you was screaming for us NOT to draft Jarvis ( my brother loved it ) I'm not always right on these things, but I just felt so very strongly on this one...

He ran a preposterous 4.85 or something to that extent, and also had some kind of spinal condition...

Edmunds...I wish I could say I hated the pick, But I literally never heard of him ( probably because NOBODY ) professional guys, or us internet know- it -alls even mentioned him...I think we can safely say this was a huge reach, and a bad pick

19. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    If the team is taking another QB in Rounds two or three, all this tells me is that Ben's elbow recovery has regressed. How much so would be even of greater significance as that would greatly affect who we pick at QB. That would be very bad.

The best hope any of us can have at present is Big Ben returning to full strength. From there, draft an interior lineman that can protect him. If not an interior lineman, kick Feiler inside and proceed to draft a Tackle. Have Chuks and Zach Banner duke it out for Big Al's spot.

20. Hanratty#5

Hanratty#5 Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2019
    If Edmunds had been a fourth or fifth round pick, everyone would have said that it was good drafting to get a starter that late in the draft. However you're right, drafting him in the first round was a major reach.

• Agree Agree x 1
  21. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Rumors are Feiler to LG to replace Foster and Chuks and Banner fighting for RT with Chuks having the inside track. If we are paying AV he is playing...It could also depend on what position has more value when they pick G or T. A 2nd round pick from one of those positions could also shuffle the deck.

22. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    I respect your assessments on the draft and prospects. I would agree on the above as the most pressing needs, but depending on who is available in the 2nd, you have to look at Dline, OLB, and TE as well. Again this is dependent on who they retain or let go, but feel all of these areas are very lacking. For me OL is priority not only for present, but long term you want that in place to protect a new young QB...who has yet to be named or found lol.

23. Lambert

Lambert Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2015
    If Ben's elbow is not responding he needs to retire and I'd go after a vet like Tannehill (or whomever they like). Use the picks and $ to fill in everything else.

24. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Thanks! I agree there are a few other positions in play. My point was as far as the OL if we were to take a OL with our 2nd round pick I would assume he would be expected to start somewhere on the line. So if we took a G I can see them leaving Feiler at T and if we took a T I could see them moving Feiler to G is what I’m trying to say...If a OL would happen to come later in the draft I see the rumor I spoke about coming true.....jmo

25. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    Let's play worst case scenario.....If Ben's elbow is like a fettuccine noodle and he has to retire, how much does that impact our cap? How much stays on there and how much goes?

Another scenario....if Tom Brady leaves Hoodie and goes to Dallas because the Dak negotiations falter, could we make a run at Dak? Not sure how the financials play out if BB retires.