1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Slot WR/Big WR vs. Receiving TE

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by steeler_george, Feb 5, 2020.

1. steeler_george

steeler_george Well-Known Member

Jan 18, 2020
    I have a question, why are there many mocks have us taking one TE and one slot WR or a big WR. We already have 4 young WR already on the roster. Wouldn't selecting two a 2 TEs make more sense since Vance is likely gone, same for Vannette. They can split wide or line up in the slot, all the while learning how to become a complete TE that block.

2. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    We need a field stretcher. Speed. See KC chiefs. Speed kills. We have average speed at wr at the NFL level. :cool:

3. Jball

Jball Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2012
    Yep. Speaking of KC, I was banging the table last year to grab Mecole Hardman in the 2nd last year. Then they gave up their 2nd.

4. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    National media mocks or Steeler fan mocks or both? I don't put any stock into the national ones tbh. They rarely go in-depth for each team and just mention the skill positions for the most part.

5. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    I think a lot of the problem is our old school TE coach. Daniels has been around forever. His background is TEs and offensive line coaching. I'd love to see us add a younger guy as an assistant to him with some experience with these receiving TEs. :cool:

6. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    6. #Purdue TE Brycen Hopkins

Height: 6-3 7/8

Weight: 245

Hand: 10 1/8

Arm: 32 1/8

Wingspan: 76

Bear mitts for hands?! Sign me up!!

7. mac daddyo