1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Big Ben got screwed by AB

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Steelersfire, Feb 4, 2020.

1. Steelersfire

Steelersfire Well-Known Member

Jan 17, 2019
    Listen, we all know that BB hasn’t been Derek Jeter off the field or in leadership...

However, ever since AB called him out, he has been utterly destroyed in the media and in most of these threads in a very unfair way.

the problem is that when AB blew up, it was such an unusual situation and such bizarre behavior that everyone assumed BB must have set him off. I mean, what rational person would get so offended? Oh no, he made an all pro run a route again! Clear lack of leadership! The radio show too!? Big Ben really was a racist pig!

3 teams, 2 sexual assaults claims, and one night in jail later, people now know that AB is absolutely mentally ill. But the damage to BB’s image has been permanent and it’s not fair.

is it a horrible contract? Yes.
    We’re the early sex assault allegations horrible? Of course.
    Was he a “bad teammate”? Well he claimed he was when he was young.

But I don’t buy any of the other nonsense.
    Fact is, if AB doesn’t Turn into a rabid animal roaming at the mouth, Big Ben still has his infamous radio show. Because guess what, it just wasn’t a big deal! And with his age he was probably going to turn into a beloved player, because that’s what happens in sports. If AB doesn’t go nuts, the biggest issue we would remember is years ago Ben saying it wasn’t his job to train Mason.

Bottom line, if you dislike Big Ben as a person or leader more now that you did half way through 2018, you probably got swept up in group think and ask yourself how to stop being a sheep.

Ben won’t ever fully recover from ABs meltdown and was the person hurt most, after the psycho himself of course.

end of rant.

2. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    wow,....OK.

didn't think BB was getting skewered by the media and fans for ABs outburst still but I will say 300 Hail Marys and not eat Primanti Bros for 7 days as penance.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 4
  3. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Seriously...not saying AB helped at all but wasn’t Ben voted among the most disliked among the players and fans before AB went crazy and before he even got here. I’m pretty sure Ben did a fine job by himself of deserving that reputation. I really hope we don’t have another SDOT- JH situation on our hands....lol

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

Huh?!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    You're doing the Lord's work, and I thank you for it.

• Like Like x 2
  6. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    He’s a better man than me....I would eat Primanti’s for 7 days straight....and probably have to say some Our Father’s after....

7. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    That's because he's Daylight...you're Darkness.

• Like Like x 1
  8. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    Well he’s a turtle so he has options...:smiley1:

• Like Like x 2
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  9. BURGH43STEL

BURGH43STEL Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    AB is a nut job. Ben contributed to the end of AB in Pittsburgh. AB probably had enough of Ben is his ish. So he found a way out.

10. dobbler-33

dobbler-33 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    I don't think Ben had anything to do with AB bolting... That cat went full ******* on his own and towards his team with a quickness. multiple team members were calling for more accountability. I think AB had been rubbing people wrong for a minute and his one minute love for Ben to the next minute full out BS dogging on him is about as consistent to his apologize one day and slam the NFL, baby mommas, cops, the raiders and pats a couple days later. Dude is dumber than a bag of hammers from his frost bit toes on up.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Winner Winner x 2
  11. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Roethlisberger deserves every bit of credit he gets for a Hall of Fame career. Roethlisberger also deserves every bit of criticism he takes for past behavior. For the most part, he is treated by most fans as if none of the bad stuff ever happened. I still shake my head every time I see a kid in a Roethlisberger jersey, especially a young girl, but people have to make their own decisions about such things. I think you can root for the team without trying to make him out to be a role model.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    With the recent AB apology tour/ statements he has made, along with getting kicked off multiple teams in one preseason, I really don't believe AB has the credibility to do anything to anyone at this point. Ben is no angel and I am glad he wins games for us but I will also be glad when he's finally moved on.

13. dobbler-33

dobbler-33 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    Agree with both of your first 2 sentences. As for your 3rd sentence, fans treat him and acknowledge him as he is... Obviously he's acted like a prick in the past but he's also turned **** around. Aside from rooting for him as a stud player for this preferred franchise some of us choose to acknowledge that he's more than graduated from the dipstick jock he appeared to be. You should not shake your head at kids in his jersey although depending on your beliefs I can understand why you would. To make it especially about little girls, I as a father would be more comfortable with my daughters wearing a 7 jersey as opposed to a a shirt with the DTF initials on a name tag.

I'm pretty sure the dude acted like many dumb ass dudes do with other dumb ass gals... Happens every night in every town. Similarly so with the "I'm on top of the world" attitude every night in every town.
    He has appeared to mature and not put himself in those spots anymore and I can dig that.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  14. BURGH43STEL

Oct 23, 2011
    AB is obviously a nut job. That being said, here yougo: https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/raiders/ben-roethlisberger-regrets-antonio-brown-criticism-ruined-friendship?amp

Based on what I read the best way to deal with AB is to limit confrontation. Ben didn't keep with that plan. There are reasons why Ben wasn't or isn't like by some of his teammates. Ben didn't play perfect games. He shouldn't had thrown teammates under the bus for mistakes they made.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2020
  15. Jball

Jball Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2012
    I disagree to a point. I think Ben took a hit he will never, and perhaps shouldn't, recover from. His first few seasons in the league, he was a god. I remember everywhere you went, they were selling #7 shirts everywhere along the side of the road. He never got back anywhere near that after the Rapelisberger stuff.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    You should read the police account of that night in Georgia. Even if you believe he didn't rape that girl, and I honestly have no idea if he did or not, his behavior went beyond doing what dumb ass dudes do. I also wonder why Willie Colon never takes any heat for it. He was part of Roethlisberger's crew that night.

I would not tell other parents they should not let their daughters wear his jersey. I don't like seeing it, but in person, I keep that to myself. I would not allow my daughter to wear No. 7. There are too many other great choices.

I really do hope he has turned his life around rather than just learning to do a better job hiding the worst parts of himself, but I just can't bring myself to fully buy into it. I root for the team. I hope he does well for the sake of the team, but that's as far as I can ever go.

17. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    :good:

18. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    How does one get access to a police report? I would be very interested in reading it...The only thing I " heard " was...This girl was wearing a " I want F***** T-shirt, followed Ben from bar to bar, told all her friends she WAS going to F*** him, and that all her friends testified to this being true...I'm not a detective, and I was young and full of c**...But no way does this even remotely sound like rape to me...jmo

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    That makes it okay?
    Most dumb ass dudes don't have a pack of off duty police officers blocking the door to keep friends from saving the victim. Just sayin'.

20. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    Ben shouldn't throw teammates (and coaches) under the bus for mistakes he made.

21. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    I'm sick and tired of all of this rehash s##t about AB, he's gone so get over it....

• Agree Agree x 4
  22. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    I like the play on words here:cool:

And Ben will throw 300 hail marys and eat Primanit Bros 7 times a day apparently:cool:

• Against The Rules Against The Rules x 1
  23. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    Well if he had the 2019 OL blocking the door .....she would of been saved...:hehehe:

24. BURGH43STEL

Oct 23, 2011
    That's another way to look at it.
    I agree.

• Agree Agree x 1
  25. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    As seems to be the overall story with Ben, he put himself in bad places, and he looks bad because of it.

• Agree Agree x 1