1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Congrats Polamalu

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by bigbenhotness, Feb 1, 2020.

1. OX1947

OX1947 Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2017
    Hutchinson got in this year. Look for Faneca to get in next year. Faneca was a 6 time first team all pro. He will get in. Guards usually take a while unfortunately.

2. BURGH43STEL

BURGH43STEL Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Doesn't get any better than Troy P.

3. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

:blush:

Well... keep in mind that I did say that Troy influenced me to watch the game of American Gridiron Football in my introduction back in April of 2016. Troy caught my eye among the Steelers of those "Renegade" years. I have never seen an athlete like him. After studying the NFL for so long, I think it is safe to say that, never again will I see such an athlete again!

Troy was one of a kind. In my opinion, the true definition of a Hall of Famer.

4. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    I'm sure you're not going, what with the boycott and all...…...
    Troy, Cowher AND Shell! I'm going to try and make it.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  5. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    Then maybe we won't have to play in that HOF game which would suit me just fine..

6. 3carsteeler

3carsteeler

Dec 21, 2011
    Awesome! Well deserved!

7. Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0 Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2019

• Like Like x 1
  8. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    The Steelers still have 3 guys going into the HOF this year, I think they will play in the HOF game.

9. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    I guess you missed Ben on that game winning drive against Arizona in the SB, he could've easily been named MVP.

10. STEELWINDS

STEELWINDS

Sep 12, 2019

Hey bigbenhotness.

I hope all is well. Have not chatted with you in a while. You summed it up perfectly: "No brainer and well deserved". There would have been rioting in the streets if he did not get in the first time around. However, I would not have put it by the committee since he is a Steeler. You know how that goes with the many haters out there. Soon we will need our own separate wing to the HOF building for Steelers only (smile). Take care.

STEELWINDS AKA The East Side Kid

• Like Like x 1
  11. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Congrats Troy, How many Steelers are now in HOF?

12. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    Congrats to Troy! It's hard to believe he has been retired long enough to be in the HOF. It seems like just yesterday he was picking off Flacco in the AFCC. Troy did things that were super human. Man was he fun to watch.

13. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    And a certain shoestring tackle that saved the game against the Colts. Like him or not, Ben is an elite footballer.

Let's see what Marsha does without the Cheats signaling him the defensive play. :facepalm:

Last edited: Feb 2, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    Cograts Troy, well deserved, I did a mock draft in 03 and I had us trading up to draft you, thats how sure I was you were the real deal....

15. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    Any chance you mocked us trading up for Bush? ;)

16. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    No, in fact that was the only time I got a first round pick right, I quit doing mocks about 3 years later:shrug:

• Like Like x 1
  17. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    I have a feeling you're right but I am just hoping this doesn't happen along with that stupid HBO documentary Hard Knocks. The very last thing we need is distractions.

18. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    I'm going to go. Your just mad you live on the West Coast and can't easily attend this joyous occasion :p

• Like Like x 1
  19. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    That tackle won us a ring

• Like Like x 1
  20. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    Mad that I can't go to scenic Ohio at the drop of a hat?
    No.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  21. bleednblackngold

bleednblackngold Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2015
    Can't think of a player who made me smile more! The pick 6 in the AFCC game against the Rats still makes me grin every time I think about it. I also loved the dives over the O line right at the snap.

• Agree Agree x 1
  22. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    It was for the Bus, Ben made a promise and the team listened.

• Like Like x 1
  23. STEELWINDS

STEELWINDS

Sep 12, 2019
    Hey TuRnDoWnForWaTT.

Yes to your quote: "Troy did things that were super human". The man was athletically gifted beyond words to describe. I think one of his teammates (I think Ben) made a comment regarding his "jaw-dropping" plays. Whoever it was, stated something to the effect that they were so accustom to the "ridiculous" plays that he would make that they eventually just became the norm for Troy and their expectations of him on the field.

He was truly a once in a generation player. Some people here on Board have stated that Minkah is somewhat in the same class as Troy. Not so sure about that. No disrespect to Minkah. He is a "Great" player but Troy is a "Phenomenal" player. If Minkah ever gets to Troy's athletic status we really would have struck gold twice. What he did to the rats in that AFCC was what his teammates were talking about. They were awed by that play but not surprised. I loved it. And just when you think he could not outdo the "last" phenomenal play that he pulled-off he does something else to top it. Just incredible I tell you.

Beyond football is what also added to Troy's greatness. His modesty, selflessness and just his overall philosophical outlook on life only added to his legacy. I have never seen an athlete as humble as him, in any sport, in my lifetime. The contrasts between his on and off the field personas were just mind-boggling. He has a very unique outlook regarding the separation of sports and life how he simultaneously keeps them both in perspective. Often, we as fans develop an admiration for the athletic accomplishments of our favorite sports figures but with Troy it goes hand in hand beyond his athletic feats for all of the reasons that I just stated in this paragraph. That is very rare to find today, or ever, at least in my lifetime.

STEELWINDS AKA The East Side Kid

24. Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0 Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2019
    Polamalu To Former Patriots OC Weis On Super Bowl Radio Row: ‘You Guys Had Our Playbook’

By Dave Bryan
    Posted on January 31, 2020

Former Pittsburgh Steelers safety Troy Polamalu had quite a busy Friday on radio row at the Super Bowl in Miami as he gave numerous interviews ahead of him finding out on Saturday if he’ll be elected into the Pro Football Hall of Fame as a modern-era member of the class of 2020. That busy Friday included Polamalu having a very entertaining interview on SiriusXM NFL Radio with Solomon Wilcots, Torry Holt and Charlie Weis.

At one point during that interview, Weis, who was once the offensive coordinator for the New England Patriots, praised Polamalu’s play during his career with the Steelers.

“Well, I know when we went against you, you were a pain in the butt,” Weis told Polamalu.

Weiss was then clowned on by Wilcots and accused of saying that to all guest that once coached against and that prompted an interesting response from the former Patriots offensive coordinator.

“Well, we couldn’t run it against him [Polamalu], so what we could do is play-action pass because he couldn’t help but put his nose up there,” Weis said.

Polamalu quickly cut Weis off with a very funny, yet likely triggered, response.

“That’s because you guys [the Patriots] had our playbook, by the way,” Polamalu told Weis. “A big asterisk next to those play fakes.”

to read rest of article:

https://steelersdepot.com/2020/01/p...per-bowl-radio-row-you-guys-had-our-playbook/

• Like Like x 2
  25. Steelersfire

Steelersfire Well-Known Member

Jan 17, 2019
    Troy is probably my all time favorite... but you on drugs brotha.