1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Mock draft from Alex Kozora(Steelers depot)

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by steelersrule6, Jan 29, 2020.

1. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
  2. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    I’m fine with the 2nd round pick. I’ll not be best pleased if we took a WR with any of our first three picks though. More pressing needs on either line and finding a good OLB back up.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. steeler_george

steeler_george Well-Known Member

Jan 18, 2020
    I like this Alex guy, he has good insight concerning the steelers.

Why a slot WR in the 3rd, is that a sign we are forgoing on Juju?

He likes LSU OL too, but the ones no one is penciling in for the steelers.

It is kind of nuts how all these mocks have almost the same names on them.

4. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    I am with @Thigpen82 not excited about a WR with our 3rd rounder. In the mock it states they want to get a much bigger and better middle of the field presence. Well let's get a TE I see Pinkney is also a consideration......

5. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    if we go WR, I would like Chase Claypool from Notre Dame in the 4th. Big target to complement our smaller guys.

But Joe Reed from Virginia is growing on me too. Not sure what round yet. A lot of kick return experience to help that anemic special teams unit as well. I watched a game on youtube and damn near every reception was an out route of some kind though. But he tracks the ball well when its over his head. Took a lot of licks and bounced right up.

• Like Like x 1
  6. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    • Like Like x 1
  7. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012

Keep an eye on Antonio Gandy-Golden from Liberty, he has Steeler written all over him. Could be around at our comp pick in the 3rd. Again I am not interested in a WR with our first 3 picks I feel we have tons of other needs. I also understand that the talent between 100 -200 ranked players is looking better and better each day and a WR is not on my list but Golden falls in there.

8. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    He had a 35.9 reception avg on go routes. Rated the best by PFF for that particular route.

Eric Green was probably our last player from Liberty I would imagine.

• Like Like x 1
  9. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    I think he mocked that WR to work the middle of the field, there wasn't much of that last season.

10. steeler_george

steeler_george Well-Known Member

Jan 18, 2020
    Yeah I saw his reasoning, lack of receptions over the middle, but I think it was all by play design.

If you are looking for a receiver to make plays over the middle then Dionte and JuJu should be enough to make plays. Add in a Washingtons' combat ability...

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. SteelersFanIrl

SteelersFanIrl Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2019
    100% agree. They barely threw to the middle last season, I don’t think it’s necessarily a personnel thing. Perhaps they felt the risk of interceptions was too high with such a young QB room? Either way I don’t put slot receiver up with the top needs.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    We could just get a guy proven over the middle plus gives you a field stretching talent to take some pressure off, then kj hill from Ohio state may be that guy. :cool:

13. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    We have a winner....

14. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    Mason/Duck still threw too many interceptions without throwing to the middle of the field :shrug:.

• Like Like x 1