1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Could Tua drop?

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by Blast Furnace, Jan 8, 2020.

1. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    If I am thinking of investing 30 35 million on a first round pick
    it is not going to be Tua. Just too risky.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012

There’s no denying the talent, but he appears to be made of glass. That hip injury would scare the hell out of me if I were a gm.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    The dophins are willing to risk it, they will draft him at 5:

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Saw somewhere, where he’s expecting to throw at the combine

5. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    What makes him worth it is the fact that the injury itself is literally the only thing that knocks him as a prospect. Hes a transcendent talent. With as great as burrow played, if tua was healthy he would be the first pick in the draft. Health is the only concern with tua

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I am sure some team will pull the trigger, I was just offering my opinion
    if I were the GM. Always remember folks that all players in the NFL are bigger
    and faster than even in the SEC. Plus Tua isn't going to be around
    all 5 star players as he was at Bama.

7. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    I understand your point but you can say that about every player in college and especially the ones from top programs who have more talent than most teams. It’s a projection that’s made for all the players. The injury is the only question mark...imo. He’s shown #1 draft pick potential and would be neck and neck with Burrow if not for being hurt.

8. Diamond

May 26, 2012
  9. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
  10. steelersrock151

steelersrock151 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    Assuming the Bengals take Burrow and the Redskins take Young, Detroit I see in the driver’s seat. Whoever wants Tua will have to come to them. If The Chargers make an offer, and they will, since they need a draw to get some fans in the stadium (and Rivers looks gone), then they can call Miami and see what they have to offer. They pretty much guarantee at 5 or 6 still getting the defensive player they want, plus get a prime draft pick.
    If Miami or the Chargers make the trade, it becomes the Justin Herbert bidding war. If one of the 7 to 12 teams see Herbert as a franchise qb, NY could trade down, still get the tackle it needs, and add to its draft stock. That happens, and the Dolphins could be picking Jordan Love at 18.

11. SteelersFanIrl

SteelersFanIrl Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2019
    Don’t forget the Panthers may also be interested in Tua. They seem to be getting ready to move on from Newton and they pick at 7, they could try to outmanoeuvre the Chargers and Miami

if it is Detroit trading out they may prefer to see him in the AFC though

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. steelersrock151

steelersrock151 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    Detroit trades out with Miami, their still guaranteed a defensive stud. Someone’s going to have to seriously out bid them to move up. And Miami has three firsts and two seconds this year, and two firsts and I believe two seconds next year. Move back two two spots, pretty much guarantee you get the guy you want, and pick up two seconds, or a first next year. Maybe even twenty eight this year. San Diego/los Angeles or Panthers are really only going to be able to offer two firsts, maybe throw in a second. And you lose the guarantee of a blue chip defensive stud.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Diamond

May 26, 2012
    Tua Tagovailoa is maintaining speed on the track toward the NFL.

The Alabama quarterback's three-month CT scan on his fractured hip was as positive as possible, revealing a healed hip, NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported, per sources informed of the situation. The hip and its range of motion is good, but it'll likely be another month before Tagovailoa is cleared for football activities, Rapoport added.