1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Could we steal Kareem Hunt this off season?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Brice, Jan 8, 2020.

1. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    It's been reported that Rooney met with AB to try to salvage the relationship.

2. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    No problem man lol....I have been told in the past that I am confusing

3. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    That's how I saw it, too, but I don't have one of those at my fingertips, so I'm just going with logic.

4. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Hunt broke the law. Whether you agree with the law doesn't really matter. He was stupid enough to break it, putting his eligibility to play in jeopardy. That is why it is an issue.

5. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I disagree. I'm all for violating stupid law and stupid policies. That's how they get changed. The amount of cocaine floating around pro sports teams is insane. Weed and open alcohol don't matter to me.

6. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    So you want the player who is engaging in behavior that is likely to get him suspended again? Hunt's idiocy isn't going to get the laws changed. It's going to get him suspended. This is a player who just missed half of a season due to suspension doing one other thing that shows he is stupid and undisciplined.

Also, having an open alcohol container in a vehicle means there is a decent chance he is either driving under the influence or he is about to do so. Please tell me you aren't really saying the law against DUI is stupid.

Hunt wasn't engaging in some social protest. He isn't Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. getting thrown in jail for taking a stand against segregation and other forms of social injustice. This is a talented, but undisciplined, athlete who can't stop stop making bad decisions that put his career in jeopardy.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    He's a knucklehead, not interested.

8. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    And you can tell by his whining in the video that he is a pussified headcase. "Oh waaaaaaa I've had it so hard man"

9. mcam

mcam Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2017
    I was on board of signing him last year as I think the woman kicking incident (which I think my son could kick harder than that so obviously was held back) was largely due to young people being dumb mixed with alcohol. Sure that doesn't excuse him, but 800k is pretty cheap for his talent level.

And no big deal cutting if he didn't get his act together. Recent reports have him being caught with pot though. So that with the restricted status no thanks.

10. SteelersFanCanada

SteelersFanCanada Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2019
    It seems like a pick your poison type of situation. Do you want a talented injury prone RB that might miss lots of games? or a star knucklehead RB that might be suspended lots of games?

11. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Or you could go get somebody other than those two options.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    Just draft a rookie RB in the mid-round

13. MeanJoeBlue

MeanJoeBlue Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2013
    There is a difference between trying to salvage a 9-year relationship with someone who had at times worked hard and bled for the team, versus bringing in some stranger or rookie with warning signs. The team will go to greater lengths to protect their own, versus an outsider.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. SteelersFanIrl

SteelersFanIrl Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2019
    They already have several of those.

For me, get one of the top running backs in the draft or don’t bother drafting one at all. With a better scheme Conner, Snell, Whyte and Samuels will do fine. Another fourth round guy probably won’t make any difference.

Given their lack of draft capital I’d prefer to pick and develop a lineman, pass rusher or backup safety in the fourth round

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  15. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    We all saw what happened last season when Conner and Snell got injured, Conner won't play 16 games and Samuels is expendable.

16. SteelersFanIrl

Mar 3, 2019
    And the guy they draft could get injured just as well.

Im not saying not to draft a running back, all I am saying is that if they are drafting one get a stud in the second round rather than a project / depth player in the later rounds because we already have three of those. Just my opinion

Look at the guys that came out of the second round in recent seasons, Cook, Johnson, Henry, Chubb, Kamara, Mixon. Your chances of getting a really good one increase dramatically the higher you pick. There are some examples of good running backs taken in the later rounds but they are fewer and further between tbh.

17. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    That Bell guy the Steelers took in the second round a while back worked out okay for a while, too.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. SteelersFanIrl

Mar 3, 2019
    Forgot about him, although I was only really thinking of recent seasons. I think the 2017 draft skewed some people’s views on running backs, there were so many good ones in that draft it was crazy, guys like Aaron Jones and Carson going late, Ekeler undrafted etc. It’s not the norm to have that many though.

Tbh I was hoping they’d go high with a running back last year but the Bush trade torpedoed any chance of that. It was clear with AB gone they were going to have to be a run first team. With all the injuries that followed it probably wouldn’t have mattered anyway.

19. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    For that matter, Colbert could have met with Brown under your premise to work things out. Rooney didn’t need to be involved at all.

Maybe the door was open a sliver but I can’t imagine the groveling AB would have had to do and the conditions he would have had to meet in order to stay here. Rooney himself said when asked prior to that meeting that he found it hard to see AB being on the team next season.

Considering how it played out, I’m pretty sure he wrote his ticket out of town when he walked out of that practice.

20. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
  21. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    bring in hunt, ray rice, AB, I dont care about morals that offense was so disgusting to watch

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  22. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    FB, two interior offensive linemen, sign Vannett back, add a fast field stretching receiver.

Replace dupree with a young vet olb, replace hargraves, add youth to this defense.

Do these things and we will be good. Depending on bens wing.:cool:

23. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    • Agree Agree x 1
  24. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

This.

Definitely agree with the field stretching Receiver as well. That said, Tyreek Hill has literally opended the floodgates for the rebirth of the importance of having speedsters as Wide Receivers. Jalen Raegor is someone I would definitely look into.

Dude has near instantenous acceleration and can rip open coverages with ease. Runs in the mid to high 4.2s to my eyes. I am hopeful he drops but it is unlikely the same.

25. Hanratty#5

Hanratty#5 Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2019
    I had never heard of Reagor before but I looked him up and saw that his 40 time was 4.29. That is insanely fast and he isn't some tiny track star. He is 5'11 and weighs in at 195. He is projected to go late first or early second round.