1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Antonio Brown Mega Thread (Was: AB is upset he's being fined by the Raiders

Discussion in 'General NFL Talk' started by steelersrule6, Sep 4, 2019.

1. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    That's one of the tamer stories I've seen/heard. There's a reason they're EX-wives. Glad your daughters are in a better place!

2. The Glory Days

The Glory Days Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2017
    I didn't get to the abuse, but yes, others certainly have had it worse.

• Like Like x 1
  3. The Glory Days

Oct 8, 2017
    Getting back on topic. I'm obviously one of the first to lead with sarcasm or try to find humor in just about any situation. But with all sincerity, AB needs a friend. Not a hangers-on or "homie," but a real friend.

Him losing his kids made it more real for me. He wasn't just an out of control millionaire athlete run amok and setting a bad example. He is now losing something real. And without a true friend to give him some semblance of perspective and balance, he won't have anything to hold on to to keep from making even worse decisions.

4. BobbyBiz

BobbyBiz Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  5. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    I just got home from the N.O.

Sean Payton Talking bout the dildo!!!

RIP
    Antonio Tavaris Brown Sr
    1988-2020

6. SteelersfaninPhilly

SteelersfaninPhilly Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2018
    Brown has been granted a release from jail on these six conditions:

— Brown will pay a $110,000 bond

— Brown will be monitored by GPS

— Brown will release his passport

— Brown will release his guns

— Brown will go through drug and alcohol testing

— Brown will get a mental health evaluation

7. Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0 Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2019
    I’d throw him back in jail just for wearing that suit.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 24, 2020
  8. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    No anger management classes?

9. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Is he going from jail to a Trekkie convention?

10. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    Hey! As a long time Trekkie, I resent that remark, fella! :smiley1:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  11. The Glory Days

Oct 8, 2017
    AB is trying to boldly go where no man has gone before. Unfortunately, that is from the HoF to the Halls of San Quentin.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    I hate to hear what you and your daughters went through but I love to hear that it finally worked out! It's criminal when the courts automatically rule in favor of the mother! My ex became such a ***** in court that the judge got sick of her BS. The last straw was when she bragged (in front of the judge) saying "I don't NEED any of your money because my new husband makes good money, but I'm going to take every cent I can" The judge said to me "Mr. Xxxxxx, I take great pride in finding and punishing fathers who skip town to avoid paying child support and alimony, but in your case I might be tempted to look the other way". It wasn't long after that my kids petitioned the court to be allowed to live with me and the court "strongly" recommended psychological counseling for my ex.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    It's not "all" Tomlin's fault, AB was a train wreck before Tomlin ever got his hands on him. It's just that Tomlin enabled AB's antics more than he discouraged them:rolleyes:

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    I bet his hands were tied on what he could punish AB with. Taking away ABs 'primetime' on the field was probably discouraged from the guy who pays the bills. Business was boomin till Ben pissed him off.

• Winner Winner x 1
  15. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    I'm sure you're right. I've heard that it's a combination of AR and KC giving Tomlin his marching orders. If that's true, I guess I would hope that a highly respected coach, of a highly respected organization, would have the backbone to stand up to it rather than allow himself to be the voice of the organization acting as a puppet.

16. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Waste of time anyway. Court mandated anger management classes accomplish nothing. There has to be a want to change, and AB clearly doesn't want to change. Besides, change takes a long time, and the courts usually mandate a couple sessions at most. I see it all the time in my line of work. It makes society believe the judge is doing something though.

A mental health assessment is good though. That might be able to answer some of the questions people have about him, and from there, a plan can be put into place. AB will still need to willingly go through with it, but it's a good step 1

17. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    We know Tomlin has been overruled on other things, such as assistant coaches, but if Tomlin has any backbone whatsoever, than no one can force him to play a specific player, not even Rooney. It's absolutely his call to make. The only thing Rooney could do about it is fire Tomlin, but that's not going to happen over benching AB.

Tomlin has tolerated plenty of garbage from other players too, so I have no doubt that he tolerated AB's antics. I doubt AB ever could have been straightened out, but if you nip a problem in the bud early enough, sometimes it doesn't blow up in your face. Ignoring a problem never makes it go away. We'll never know of course, but I suspect enabling AB caused his behaviour to get worse.

18. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    My thought was why drug & alcohol classes & not anger management?

19. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    This is where you & I disagree about Tomlin mentoring AB. I think Popcorn nipped it in the bud for years & years with AB through positive reinforcement. You seem to think it didn't matter to Tomlin.

20. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    Well he has a knack for 'politician speak.'
    :shrug:

I think he is overjoyed to be riding the greatest football franchise to fame & fortune. Not going to bite the hand...

21. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    But the hand that fed him all his life was a football hand. Granted, his dad invented the Rooney Rule and was pretty active in political correctness as well but his dad, IMHO, put the Steelers first.

22. Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0 Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2019
    AB's attorneys must have written this:

Antonio Brown issues apology to Hollywood Police Department

ESPN

Antonio Brown on Friday apologized to the Hollywood (Florida) Police Department, saying his emotions in recent weeks clouded his "better judgment."

The apology, made in an Instagram post, came a week after the free-agent wide receiver was arrested by Hollywood police and charged with felony burglary with battery, burglary of an unoccupied conveyance and criminal mischief stemming from a Jan. 21 incident with a moving truck driver at his residence.

Brown was freed from house arrest Tuesday but must check in with court personnel daily.

Brown wrote Friday: "To everyone who I may have offended or Disrespected at the @hollywoodflpd Of the state of Florida, I would like to sincerely give you all my apology from the top and bottom of my heart, And as a human being and an professional athlete I can honestly say that my emotions did cloud my better Judgment, When you all were only there to help me."

to read rest of article:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id...wn-issues-apology-hollywood-police-department

23. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    • Agree Agree x 1
  24. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
  25. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    I wonder if the Florida Department of Children and Families is looking into this.