1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Rooney not disappointed with low 2019 attendance

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by SteelerGlenn, Jan 19, 2020.

1. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Ive told you a million times not to exaggerate.

• Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  2. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    You seem to be a fan of winning, not a fan of the Steelers. Bad news jujubean, we won't be in the SB every year. Not even every other year or every five years. The 'real teams' in the SB have went through decades of rebuilding. Can't say that yet about our lousy football club.

3. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    It's always nice to be in the know:smiley1:

4. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    My mother actually used to say that to my sister:smiley1:

5. Jujubean

Jujubean Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2019
    I obviously know we can’t win every year. Issue is we wasted the Prime of Bens career with this dope in charge and we all see how things look without a franchise QB. No QB no shot.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. BURGH43STEL

BURGH43STEL Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    They didn't waste anything. They had opportunities to compete for championships in Ben's prime. Ben played in 3 Superbowls and had several other opportunities in the playoffs.

3 Superbowl appearances was equal to Peyton Manning. 3 Superbowl appearances is more than any other franchise QB not named ***Brady***. The Pat's cheating ways probably kept Manning out of a couple more Superbowl appearances. Possibly the Steelers too.

Proper perspective.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    Besides the Pats, what coach would have had Ben in more SBs than Tomlin? Coughlin? Perhaps. Who else?

8. Jujubean

Jujubean Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2019
    I mean if cheating was the true reason the Pats dominated us every game, I can’t argue that.

9. STEELWINDS

STEELWINDS

Sep 12, 2019
    Hey SteelerGlenn.

It could be just me but the Rooney in charge now really makes some outlandish comments.

• He praised the team last year for finishing 9-6-1. This, with the epic second half of the season "meltdown" which gave the division away and we missed the playoffs.

• Then, just last week he stated that he feels "comfortable with our current QB situation" going into next season. Is he nuts? We do not know how Post-Injury Ben is going to perform. And if he is a no-go or not the Pre-Injury Ben we are in trouble. This, given the fact that he will be relying on Mason and Duck. HUH? What was he watching all last season. If Mason is the starter, which I am not comfortable with at this moment, and gets hurt, then Duck is the contingency plan for that scenario? HUH? Wake-up Mr. Rooney. Use a little foresight please.

• Now, he is not concerned about the drop-off in attendance last season. From, a purely business standpoint, I would be. Maybe he did feel that since the team's star attraction (Ben) was out for the year, that when he returns all will be well again. What if Ben does not make it back? Will he be concerned then. Once again, looking at this purely from a business standpoint.
    To me, he just does not seem to be in touch with the organization and the fans when compared to his family predecessors/owners. There just seems to be no sense of urgency with him about anything. To me, there just seems to be a lack of passion on his part for this great organization. I could be wrong. However, from the three examples that I noted above, he just does not leave me with a feeling of real commitment to our team. Once again, IMO.

STEELWINDS AKA The East Side Kid

• Winner Winner x 2
  10. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    I am pretty convinced that he is more interested in being an ambassador to political correctness than he is in the Steelers. The Steelers simply provide him with the golden podium.

11. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    Yes.

12. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    Art took one for the team since early preseason when he granted AB, a Steeler, his wish.

good-ghost-of-gideon-you-gentlemen-need-to-simmer-down-49541738.png

13. LambertsDentist

LambertsDentist Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2014
    Back to the original post topic, is having a SB halftime show like the one last night going to help draw fans? It probably turned off a lot of people.

Parents watching with young children were likely appalled at the adult theme. I like boobs and such as much as the next guy but that was not a family friendly show.

Feminists were likely upset with the sexualized depiction of women.

Religious people were certainly offended.

The ads pushed a liberal political agenda. Although the NFL has every right to push political views they do so at the risk of alienating half the population.

The Super Bowl is supposed to expand the league's fan base. This Super Bowl did not succeed in doing that.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. Rel

Rel Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2018
    his team to run how he wants, not ours.

15. Rel

Rel Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2018
    please, it’s 2020. People need to get their head out of the 50’s.

16. dobbler-33

dobbler-33 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    It was not appropriate for a family themed/family time slot program I agree.

Feminists are not upset as true feminism died a while ago. Like politics it's whatever said scenario fits its desired target.

Religious folks did cry FOUL!

Ads did unquestionably push a narrative which is unquestionable as these ads now audition and they are subject to poo poo'ing (preview if you will) prior to game day thus setting the stage for what made it vs. what did not to get the water boiling. I don't know if the league has any say so to preference as they are the ones relying on broadcasting dollars... Meaning every channel has purchased the right to push whatever contractually.

The Super Bowl is meant to showcase the 2 conference champions and their effort to win it all. I am sure the spectacle always aims at adding in a new fan here and there via the spectacle that is why they scramble to sign a mediocre act a lot of the time. It's impossible to entertain every whimsical category with a broad stroke, that's why it should just be about football in my opinion.

I don't tend to view much of any halftime show as it's just a mix of half songs being doled out between numerous performers that loses my attention schematically as a wanna be musician myself. It's all entertainment for some and annoying for others... Like I said, I just want to watch the game on its own.

17. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011
    Who was not offended . omg.. thats all we hear about now .. Next year someone should walk out on to the podium at midfield and announce" Here is your half time" and then walk off. No music. no entertainment . nadda.. Then nobody is offended lol

• Like Like x 1
  18. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    Rooney from the burning living room:
    1. I'd like to know who said the house was on fire?
    2. I'm not concerned about it being a little warm in here.
    3. I'm not concerned, I'm sure it's just because someone allowed a lit cigarette to fall into the empty bowl of gasoline, igniting the naptha in the closet, the C-4 hasn't even gone off yet!
    4. I'm sure the fire will be out next year.

[​IMG]

19. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Yeah because those players went out and played great in every playoff game, including Ben who turns the ball over quite a bit.

20. Utpittsburghfan

Utpittsburghfan Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2018
    Baltimore is 2.8M metro. Pittsburgh is 2.3M metro. And Baltimore has to share with the DC fans.

21. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    Why would Art be concerned about tickets he already sold? Taking our heads out of the clouds for a moment, there is not much he can do to make fans actually come to the stadium to watch a cement hoofed Reindeer or a Duck caller abuse our defense. Or is this just another pot shot at Art Jr? Where were you before the Chief handed the reins to Dan? You know, the guy who could not field a winning team even though he wanted to for the life of him.

22. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    Well you did ask:
    mike-mitchell-twitter-ban.jpg
    Bud-Dupree_Bobby-Massie_Steelers-vs-Bears-2017.jpg
    pft_vod_artieburnslatetowalkthrough_181030.jpg
    18531046_web1_18531046-68cb1ecdbbcb45fdac40b0eb9232faf0.jpg
    downloadfile-1.jpg
    usa_today_11774433.0.jpg
    downloadfile-3.jpg 20181209pdSteelers18-2-1547948172.jpg
    downloadfile.png
    Steelers_Bengals_Football.JPG.jpg

23. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    And
    Tomlin.jpg

• Winner Winner x 1
  24. Mike T

Mike T Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2018
    At this point its really all about the TV contracts and Corporate sponsors. That is why nobody cares about drops in attendance. Why do you think The Bengals and redskins don't care much about their attendance? Cause they are raking it in elsewhere. Granted those two idiot owners don't realize you can only ride everyone else coat tails for so long. Then you have the complete opposite end of the spectrum (that i witness firsthand here in Dallas) owners Like Jerry Jones who wants the biggest attendance for ego reasons. Make no mistake the modern NFL puts the average Joe fan dead last as far as their priorities go. The saddest part of that is that without us regular fans all the corporate money and TV deals go away. Catch 22 but also the way billionaire's minds work.

If they cared about attendance and fans they would be shipping games over seas trying to "expand the game" all they are really trying to expand is the advertising reach which expands the revenue. As with all things greed corrupts and ruins things. The path the NFL is on will result in that eventually happening. At some point the greed of trying to expand will alienate the regular fans that put the NFL on the Map.

25. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015