1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Could we steal Kareem Hunt this off season?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Brice, Jan 8, 2020.

1. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    I put the C'mon under the wrong quote... C'mon!

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  2. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    What troubles is Hunt currently having? Troubled is troubled. There's varying degrees of course, and some players have one mistake, some have several, some are more current, etc. but troubled is troubled.

What part of my post is a crock of ****? It's fact. The Steelers are not some angelic organization that refuses to have troubled players on the roster. Hell, look at Big Ben. He was a huge pain in the ass both on and off the field, yet they stuck with him. AB caused a lot of problems for years and they only parted ways after AB refused to play here anymore. In fact, Rooney flew down to meet him to see if they could mend the relationship.

The list goes on and on. The Steelers have some bull**** reputation that they won't have troubled players on the roster, which is a crock of **** and anyone being honest with themselves will have no problem admitting that.

3. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    Players of questionable character on a Mike Tomlin team is a recipe for disaster!

4. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011

Yeah we should sign this guy :facepalm:, he should be playing in the Super Bowl with the Chiefs, yet he's stuck with the Browns.

• Like Like x 1
  5. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    He reminds me of Vince's brother only more talented and way less control of his demons

6. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    The part about bringing in troubled players to Pittsburgh. Yes they have troubled players I agree. They don't BRING in players that have domestic issues. They draft some that don't have a history yet.

Vick is a pos in many minds but learned from his mistakes ( god willing). I don't think the Steelers touch Vick without his timed served.

I'm sure that other players have done much worse than Hunt in the past but when it's on tape for the world to see, that holds the more conservative thinking franchises back with today's instant media.

7. shaner82

Oct 16, 2011
    Vick didn't learn from his mistakes at all. He's still the same piece of **** he always was. What he learned is that either he can't do that **** anymore because he'll get caught and go to jail, or he learned to do it in a different manner so that he doesn't get caught/hasn't been caught yet.

Vick had no problem torturing and killing dogs. You don't just flip a switch and become a different person. It takes a special kind of lunatic to do something like that and he's no different. The fact that Tomlin brought him in makes me ****ing sick. I have lost so much respect for this franchise as a result. I always thought we were better than that, but the reality is we're not. We're no better than any other franchise out there. Maybe once upon a time we were, but that ended once we signed Michael Vick.

• Winner Winner x 1
  8. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    So basically kill this thread with fire because there is ZERO chance Hunt will be a Steeler next season.

9. shaner82

Oct 16, 2011
    Agreed, although the US and many American based companies need to get their **** together when it comes to weed. It's crazy that it's legal in some states, but illegal on a federal level. That just doesn't make sense. The war on drugs was lost the second it started. Drug testing for weed in pro sports is also beyond silly. Anyone who has ever smoked it knows there's no performance enhancement aspect to it whatsoever.

Let the players smoke weed if they want.

10. thorn058

Oct 19, 2011
    The billion dollar tobacco industry is behind a lot of the false information surrounding the use of weed. If they ever figure out how to corner the market on the production you will see attitudes in the states towards it change dramatically.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I think he will be out of football in about 2 years.

• Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  12. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    Then why are you still a fan of the team, if you lost so much respect for the team?

13. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    They have a long history of sticking by low-character guys who are already on the roster. Vick was an anomaly, a player they signed even after he had been exposed as a lousy human being. I guess if you want to reach, you could count bringing Harrison back at the end of his career, too, but that is a tougher call because his accuser refused to testify. Of course, it is common for people who commit domestic assault to get away with it because the victim decides to give them another chance or take a settlement.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    I don't doubt that for a second, but it is still illegal in many states now and it is against league rules.

15. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Yep. Recurring issues with this guy. If your going to skirt the rules of availability then you should be smart enough not to get caught.

16. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Why? With Ben we empty the backfield on 3rd down anyway. :cool:

17. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    Is he driving a Chrysler?

18. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Funny, but Hunt is actually a very good receiver. If I remember correctly, he did more damage as a receiver than he did as a runner in the two games against the Steelers, but he has also shown that ability throughout his career.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012

Yep. Probably traded some one a bag of dope for it. Bout all it's worth.

20. thorn058

Oct 19, 2011
    He really took it to the Pats with his receiving skills as well. Definitely something that shouldn't be overlooked.

21. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012

Well the last time we had a complete back(Bell) it worked out pretty good. Don't matter is you empty the backfield or not if the guy is a 3 down back he will be in there and Howard has not been that......with 2 teams. :smiley1:

22. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    Yeah, I will admit now that this bridge has sailed.

• Agree Agree x 1
  23. sjromano

sjromano Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011
    This. As soon as the right arm of Big Pharma (FDA) approves it on a prescription basis, then it will suddenly be legal at the fed level.

And to the original point - marijuana has no athletic-enhancing effects whatsoever.

24. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
  25. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    In the past yes but AB, Kelly and wasn’t there a running back they released after an incident this season? All seems to indicate they are moving away from players with character flaws. If the charges against Chickillo weren’t dropped, I’m sure they would have released him too.

Their draft picks of late are clearly directed towards high character guys as well.