1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

What about Ben?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Stone, Jan 15, 2020.

1. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    I think a blind man could see, after this year, that Ben is what makes our offense; we never saw how bad ****ner was until Ben went down.

What do you think of Ben?

1. I hated how he gained weight and looked homeless on the sidelines, but he is a winner!
    2. I hate how he "appears" to be selfish and doesn't want to help the younger QB's, but he is a winner!
    3. I hate the position we are in where we have to gamble on his old bones, but he is a winner!
    4. I hate the ugly position he put himself in early in his career, but he is a winner!
    5. I hate the stories I've heard about him at Oakmont, but he is a winner!

2. pjgruden

pjgruden

Oct 16, 2011
    6. I hated how he gained weight and looked homeless on the sidelines, how he "appears" to be selfish and doesn't want to help the younger QB's, hate the position we are in where we have to gamble on his old bones, hate the ugly position he put himself in early in his career, hate the stories I've heard about him at Oakmont, hate that his massive salary is handicapping the team, but he's the best they've got right now (if healthy)

How about that option? :lolol:

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Big Ben can win some games, agree.

4. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    His massive salary is light years away from what is handicapping this team:cool: Questionable talent all around him, both on the field and on the sidelines, is what's handicapping this team and he is the only thing that gives us any chance to over-ride that lack of talent.

How about this option.......fire ****ner and use that money to offset Ben's salary:lolol: Win....win!

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    If he doesn't come back, we're screwed.
    If he does come back,, we could still be screwed. Depends.
    If our OL plays like they did this year, he will be on IR
    If our running game doesn't pick up, his elbow may not hold up
    If we don't have proper QB coaching, our backups will not improve much
    If Ben quits, we can buy a lot of help but it won't be real soon.
    IF I buy another jersey, it won't be #7. He's a winner, sure, but he is not someone I would say I respect.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    I think i want a #7 every year, but still don't have one. Maybe when he is enshrined, he made the the last 15 years some of our best ones.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    If they don't fix the line it won't matter if Jesus Christ is our qb. :cool:

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. STEELWARRIOR

STEELWARRIOR Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Ben will be on his get revenge tour in 2020!!!! We will be a totally different team in 2020 with Ben back. Let's go Steelers!!!:herewego!:

• Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 2
  9. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    I don't know about that. If he can walk on water he can surely levitate above the on-rushing D-line:cool:

10. Smitch89

Smitch89 Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2018
    Ben honestly repulses me looking at him.. Your a professional athlete making 30 mill a year and u cant hire a personal chef and trainer to at least keep under 3 bills

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  11. SteelinOhio

SteelinOhio

Oct 16, 2011
    It just feels pretty unsettled right now. There's no doubt that Ben gave this team the shot in the arm that helped to bring to more SBs. And there have been plenty of years with Ben that the Steelers were very competitive. After seeing him in training camp this past summer, I thought he was going to have a stellar year.

But after seeing how he hasn't, at least, appeared to take care of him self while he recovers, I'm trying to be optimistic about what will happen *if* he returns, but I'm also not going to be surprised if it isn't what we'd hope for.

12. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Next man....errr....Deity up.................[​IMG] :shrug:

(I know I'll burn in Barstow for this :facepalm:)

• Like Like x 1
  13. Jim90

Jim90 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    What About Bob? as in RG3

14. SteelersFanIrl

SteelersFanIrl Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2019
    We are all in the dark in relation to his injury but I would not be overly concerned about his conditioning. He will be well aware that he needs to get in to camp in good shape and he has plenty of time. Is he even that out of shape? I think the beard and baggy clothes may make it appear much worse than it is.

The injury is a far bigger concern.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    He is often heavier in the off-season but has been reporting to camp in great shape for a few years now.....he want's to win!

16. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    But keep in mind that we shouldn't be looking at athletes as role models anyway. If you really had access to all the information about any NFL player, there wouldn't be many of them who you would want influencing your children.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. SteelersFanCanada

SteelersFanCanada Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2019
    I think he should keep the beard, and maybe start eating salads.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Ben isn't that out of shape, it's the beard and the clothing he wears on the sideline make him look like that. There was a picture of him at a event recently he looks like he's in shape.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  19. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    #7. Why do they call him "the grey"?

20. Jim90

Jim90 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011

So we shouldn't be mouthing off to cops like AB did in his latest video :lolol:

21. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    Thank you Ben for the 3 SB visits but party is over. Say want you want about Mayfield but he could come back strong. Bengals should be getting Burrows and the Ravens got Jackson.

Just my humble opinion but the AFC North could have 3 damn good QB's and our beloved Steelers may very well be the odd man out.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  22. SteelersForLife8810

SteelersForLife8810 Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2019
    Can't always be the best team, unfortunately :/

• Agree Agree x 1
  23. Steel Hog

Dec 6, 2017
    RF would still run the wildcat so it won't matter.

24. Steel Hog

Dec 6, 2017
    I can do this too. Minefield could be run out of Cleveland after another year of regressing and pissing off the fans at home, Jackson could blow out a knee running the ball early in the season, and Cinci drafts a long snapper in 1 st round leaving Ben as the dominate QB of the division.

• Like Like x 1
  25. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    Greatest
    Rookie
    Ever
    Y'all

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2