1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Thread only for Tomlin detractors....

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Pengvin67, Jan 12, 2020.

1. Pengvin67

Pengvin67 Well-Known Member

Oct 7, 2019
    If you support Tomlin, this isn't for you to read...I'm trying to get opinions from those who do not Like Tomlin as a coach...(he is a good human being, though)...

This isn't meant to be sarcastic or condescending. But what is the mentality of Pittsburgh Steelers fans that live in Pittsburgh at this point? The Steelers haven't sniffed a Super Bowl (getting your butts kicked to the Patriots isn't sniffing in my opinion) in 9 years now. On the radio, or talking heads, what do they say about Tomlin in Pittsburgh? Obviously some of the media were lauding Mike Tomlin as a Coach of the Year at 8-5 and kept praising the never had a losing season. I guess 8-8 isn't having a winning season, though is it? At the end of the day, it amounts to a hill of beans. Uncooked beans. So obviously being at 8-5 is amazing, but then losing 3 in a row is Tomlin-esque as well. Who actually praises Tomlin in Pittsbugh and what are their reasons? What are they hanging their hat on? What exactly am I missing about Tomlin? I think he is an average coach that can come up with magic at times but not really much at the right time. He reminds me of Jason Garrett in a way. Can't win anything to write home about unless the pieces fell right.

I've watched 40 years of football and all the teams intensely. It's pretty clear to me Mike Tomlin is very overrated and can't win clutch games against inferior teams. He may pull off some wins in the regular season against some superior teams (Rams 2019, Patriots 2018, no one in 2017, etc). He had a very favorable path to the Super Bowl that he won, but couldn't get them ready against the Packers (again a Superior team). I didn't expect them to win that one, but once the Steelers lost to Tim Tebow, I realized Tomlin is junk. Simply put, that's one that you have to win as a superior team. 8-8 Broncos with Tebow? So those that don't support Tomlin, when did your feelings start changing? What particular game, situation started to change your thoughts on Tomlin. I was very happy when Tomlin came in (disappointed to lose to Jags/Garrard), but then boom. Super Bowl and again another Super Bowl. (again disappointed Steelers came out like Poop, but had a chance at the end). Now I'd rather really not watch the same things happening every season. What as fans, can we do to change the black cloud feeling that we as Tomlin detractors have?

• Winner Winner x 5
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. GoalLine

GoalLine

Oct 16, 2011
    Just a second, need to consult the Tomlin coaching thread filing cabinet

filecabinet.gif

• Hilarious Hilarious x 11
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. Pengvin67

Pengvin67 Well-Known Member

Oct 7, 2019
    That's cute. Thanks! ;) Oh, I can recommend Prevagen for you if you have issues with your memory. Might help along with fish oil. Or you can stay in your little box of waving your tiny terrible towel every game and hoping our coach can cheerlead the Steelers to a win. Heck you might as well be on the sideline. Just wave your terrible towel on the sideline all game and hope. More than Tomlin does.

• Like Like x 2
  4. We need a change

We need a change Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2017
  5. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    Watch it Bro...All the 8-8, Nothing to see here crowd...Will come at you with the " Never had a losing season, Who would you replace him with ( to deflect ) crowd "

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Does anyone believe that C. David Baker is going to show up one day and tell Tomlin that he has been selected to the pro football hall of fame? Not in a million years. But hey, at least he can hang his hat and his Joe Cool sunglasses on the "8-8 and watching the playoffs at home but never had a losing season" trophy.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    Realize there's more to life than football and breathe through your noses?

• Like Like x 1
  8. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    Posted this in another thread. Think the Packers are missing McCarthy right now? Steelers ownership acting cowardly as usual.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Oh look another hey look at me Tomlin thread :facepalm:
    :beathorse:

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  10. Jim90

Jim90 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Maybe on April 1st

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  11. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    There's one now! :lolol:

12. Steelsax

Steelsax Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    I realize this thread is not for me because I'm not a Tomlin hater. But just out of curiosity I checked out a Saints forum and a couple of Ravens forums to see how much hate Sean Payton and John Harbaugh were getting. And to my surprise, they weren't getting any hate at all. At one point "late" in the Ravens beat down, Harbaugh was shown laughing with one of his assistants and even with that, he received zero hate. Imagine that! The guy's team is getting ripped a new one and he's laughing. And what about Sean Payton - he had an incredible team again this year as he did last year and he got bounced again. How many SBs has Sean Payton and Brees been to? I think only one.

I know the point of this thread is to get other Yinzers from the Burgh to tell how much Tomlin sucks but I find it interesting that Saints and Ravens fans aren't calling for their respective coaches to be run out of town.

Just my unwanted two cents, I'll let ya'll get back to your hate :cool:

• Like Like x 8
  13. Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0 Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2019
    I have no idea now, incredible alternatives that were out there like Ron Rivera, Mike McCarthy, Kevin Stefanski, Matt Rhule and Joe Judge have been snapped up. :rolleyes:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  14. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    The only team i care abt is the Steelers.. i could careless abt what other fans and teams do .

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Great thread to gather all the trolls in one spot pengvin. The question is can you determine who just hates on Tomlin & who is here just to hate on the Steelers?

• Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  16. Steelersfire

Steelersfire Well-Known Member

Jan 17, 2019
    Wtf. Are you on drugs? That’s a serious question, please tell us what you are smoking.

How about you take the exact same facts and actually interpret them correctly. Instead of concluding that all Steelers fans are jackasses, how about you consider the possibility that those coaches actually INCREASE the chances of their teams winning throughout the game.

have you literally never watched a Steelers ravens game this decade? Of course we all hate the ravens, but every single freaking game without exception John H out-coaches tomlin in strategy and game management. Are you blind?

don’t compare the two.

imagine putting Ben on the ravens this past decade instead of flacco. Ugh, don’t even get me started.

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. BURGH43STEL

BURGH43STEL Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Yes it is great gathering the legion of doom together.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    A great place to whine about a non-losing record. Oh, they can whine about Tomlin's better record than hof'er Cowher's while they are here. If they just had a little patience then their drama would make more sense. They could whine about an actual losing season or wait for Popcorn to have a worse career than Bill did, i feel it is coming.

19. steel1031

steel1031 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I will say that I didn't think he would survive a 8-8 season at the start of the year. I was actually surprised after week 1 that they won at all. I had said that if he missed playoffs. I wanted him gone. not because I think he is bad. just maybe, a change of scenery would be good for all.

The fact that he went 8-8 with this team. I cant say he has lost the locker room cause those dudes played their hearts out. I cant say they tanked because after the 1-4 start the entire organization went all in on this season with the trades and moves they made.

I want to see how next year goes but I think Tomlin bought himself some major time with this season

20. Dagmire

Dagmire Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2019
    I gave Tomlin a chance... I even self reflected on it more thinking maybe i was being racist. But im positive im not. I dont think hes a great coach, at most he's adequate. Either its his refusal or inability to change a game plan thats not working is my key complaint. And thats a pretty big one....

• Like Like x 1
  21. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    It's all about

Popcorn.jpg

22. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    Hate is a strong word. It then brings out a different meaning. I have been a Steelers Fan for longer then I can remember. I don't feel that Tomlin can bring this team to another Super Bowl. But I will keep hoping until a change is made.

Its ok not to like the coach, or coaches for that matter or certain players and still love the Steelers. Thats me. A mind of my own not driven by anyone or anything.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  23. Disco1981

Mar 20, 2017
    Eric Bienemy

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  24. Disco1981

Mar 20, 2017
    I don't hate Tomlin...I don't hate anybody...I just think he's a bad football Coach :hmm:

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  25. Disco1981

Mar 20, 2017
    Tomlin has 2 years minimum before being let go... This year with Ben and Everything else, and finishing FIVE HUNDRED YA! Bought him time...If he sucks next year, He will be put on notice...If he sucks the year after that he will be canned imo...So, He will be here 2 more years minimum

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1