1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Hey, at least we didn't get the 1 seed and get smacked at home (Laugh at Ravens thread)

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by SDOT, Jan 11, 2020.

1. BigBensBigBong

BigBensBigBong Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2014
    I was never so disgusted with a playoff win then after that game was over. Easy or at least comfortable win turned into heart attack of a finish. All the joy was stolen by Bettis fumble leaving only the relief of not making all time choke.

2. We need a change

We need a change Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2017
    Is anyone seeing this????? We rag on Tomlin but is anyone seeing this $hit??

3. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    Your right...I would rather keep on not making the playoffs at all.....

4. Chinchilla

Chinchilla Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2019
    Great Post. I remember him at Auburn lining up in the eye and just went right and left like Herschel Walker @ Georgia.

To this day I have never witnessed a more phenomenal naturally born athlete and I feel the exact same way as you when his hip never healed right when the tackler rode him for 3-4 yards to try to drag him down.

I hear the old timers say Jim Brown and Gale Sawyers but for me there was nothing like him with power and track speed.

He never juiced. Remember him running over Boz on MNF?

• Like Like x 1
  5. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    I love the history, and though lacking championships galore we have had a very stable and successful team. That said, nothing better than to build on that history.
    I can understand the frustration, but as another poster said the Packers fans can claim how many more championships, or even the Browns. Yes before modern era, but if all one can embrace is decades old past glory, them the return embrace is pretty cold, eh? As I have zero affect on them winning another SB, you have zero affect on any other team beating the 49'ers. In the end, if they get 6 it has no affect on me or my feelings about the Steelers, or any other NFL team. I just accept the facts, see the whole thing as entertainment, and see it as another goal for the team to achieve.

As for fandom, old school, and all that jazz. I have never purchased any NFL (or Steeler memorabilia). Just never had the funds, or desire to buy them. This year, at 60, I received my first Steeler jersey for Christmas, from my sons GF. She is of Japanese descent, born in Brazil, lives in Canada, and bought me a Franco Harris jersey...I told my son that alone makes her a keeper in my book.

So while all the other Steeler fans will be wearing their favorite modern players jerseys on gameday, this old guy will be wearing 32, and enjoying every minute of it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

Did not know that there were 31 other versions of Belichick?! Very interesting indeed. Sadly I can only compare one of the 31 you asked.

Know what I found?!

Belichick is 7-4 against Harbaugh

Since becoming coach, Belichick is 7-2 against Tomlin.

Two additional losses mean nothing in the short term. Here is where the actual debate should lie between Tomlin vs Harbaugh;

Last time I checked, getting into the NFL Playoffs is more than about beating one coach. The NFL Playoffs is about winning the division. Always has been, always will be.

Why Bill Belichick has caused such trauma upon you is what should be the most pressing matter here Heinz. Not just that the same.

I thought you were better than this.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

Again..

:whistley:

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  8. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

So do I. Here in lies the reasoning behind what Daniel stated. One that can easily be glossed over because recency bias tends to do this...

In the 100 Year History of the NFL, what is the most efficient way to reach the Playoffs?! It is very simple really. Win the division.

John has done that less than Tomlin since both have been in the same division. That is what makes Daniels Tweet relevant today. Being a great team within any division is not a flash in a pan sequence like the 2019 Baltimore Ravens.

Being a great team within a division means to perform great consistently over an extended period of time. Between the Steelers and Ravens, since both have been in the same division since 2008, one team has been and the other has not.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Ytownsteeler

Ytownsteeler Well-Known Member

Oct 2, 2015
    Loved watching ravens lose. Especially after they ran they score up and were cocky after beating up our defenseless offense in the last last week. They showed no class and kharma got even. Haha

10. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Man, you sure are a persistent pain in the ass. Go find someone else to bother. Cause nobody needs you either.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  11. Hanratty#5

Hanratty#5 Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2019
    Total Career Playoff Wins
    Tim Tebow-1
    Lamar Jackson-0

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  12. The Glory Days

The Glory Days Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2017
    Well, if he wins the SB this year and doesn't sniff it again for 10 years, he'll be Tomlin.

Some people around here think Tomlin is Lombardi reincarnate.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    With a team that a guy who's about to be inducted in Canton built.

• Winner Winner x 1
  14. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    There are more people who think he's Rich Kotite!

15. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Subjective view. Tomlin has two AFCCG wins & a SB ring.

16. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    Noooo! It isn't worth it. I hate missing the playoffs. We only have a few more years with the hof'er Tomlin. He should leave the team in shambles, let's let him finish unleashing hell.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    I don’t buy that excuse from opposing fans when they use it to try and delegitimize our claim to the most SB’s and I don’t buy it from our own fans. I’d bet good money that it was a driving force behind Bradys decision to come back this year, the chance to be the team with the most and first to reach 7.

As far as not having affect on what the 49ers do, I know that but you stated that you embrace the challenge. I don’t understand the sentiment.

I’ll maintain that it’s always best to be the king of the hill. Unfortunately we have to share that now but I certainly don’t want the 49ers to join in.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Dagmire

Dagmire Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2019
    I almost had that game out of my head, like it was a bad dream... One reason i sometimes consider the NFL is rigged...

19. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    Lol
    Nobody thinks that except maybe one poster. Tomlin fares well against the great coaches. Some were obviously better & some rode great teams to their stardom. Popcorn has held his own.

20. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

Tomlin is not even close to Vince. For that matter, very few, if any, are. However, that is being disingenuous to those who like or even respect Tomlin. Tomlin is by no means a perfect coach. Heck, some think he is horrible. For me personally, all I am stating is to simply give Tomlin the respect he deserves. That is it.

Not many coaches have gone through so much in one season and still salvage the season Tomlin did. For that matter, Tomlin ranks 19th all time in Winning Percentage among NFL Coaches via Pro Football Reference. To put this into even better perspective, of the 20 coaches listed on the site, of those who have coached 10 seasons or more, Tomlin ranks 11th. Among active coaches, right behind the man in Boston.

Regardless of whether or not he inherited a roster or not, Tomlin has proven himself to be a winner. For that matter, Tomlin has shown he can salavge horrible early season woes to either salavge the season like this year or to get to the playoffs like in 2015 when Ben was out for a couple weeks.

Regarding him being unable to beat Bill Belichick, so what?! Last time I checked, beating the New England Patriots does not guarantee a lock to making the playoffs. On that note, beating the Patriots seems more so of fan satisfaction than anything else. Here is what can guarantee the playoffs..

Winning the division guarantees a playoff spot. That is the Steelers primary objective. Anyone else comes second.

21. JAD

JAD Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    In case you didn't know by now, Steelerrule is related to Tomlin. :facepalm:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  22. GoalLine

GoalLine

Oct 16, 2011
    haharavens.gif

• Like Like x 1
  23. TxSteelFan

TxSteelFan Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2018
    The start of that game looked like the teams super bowl introduction, what a waste of time.

24. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017

25. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017