1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Let’s talk Offense

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by TarheelFlyer, Jan 8, 2020.

1. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    I started a Bill Callahan thread earlier, they should hire him and make him the run game coordinator and help with the OL.

2. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    I knew someone did but forgot it was you and was too lazy to look..:smiley1:

• Like Like x 1
  3. Rel

Rel Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2018
    Different year, different schedule, different injuries. Just like 2020 will be a different year and a different schedule. However, you pair the 2019 defense with the 2018 offense and that is easily a 12 win team.

I'm not saying they don't have needs but let's not pretend 8-8 with a practice squad quarterback is the type of disaster that requires a major overhaul of the entire team.

4. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    But we wouldn't have the 2018 offense. You pair this defense with the offense that's loss tonjax int he playoffs, and we win the SB that year but oh well now that the defense is good the offense is trash.

5. STEELWINDS

STEELWINDS

Sep 12, 2019
    Hey Rel.

I posted several times regarding your quote: "a healthy Ben would have been at least 3 more wins putting them at a 11-5 record." Shoot, we had at least four more wins with the QBs that we had if it was not for "blunders" from some of our Veterans. That is what in part makes this season that much more frustrating. Let us go down memory lane once more:

Seattle game: Moncrief has very "catchable" ball bounce off of his "busted-up" fingers/hand > leads to a pick > leads to a Seattle game-winning TD drive. This was Mason's first game in which he played this season and played very well if I may add.

San Francisco game: Conner fumbles.

rats game: JuJu in overtime fumbles near midfield trying to do too much (can't get too upset for the extra effort) which leads to a game losing fg.

Bills game: JuJu lets the ball go through his hands which would have led to a game-winning TD.

I think there might be one more in there somewhere. I realize wins were not guaranteed in any of these games if these events did not happen but more than likely we do win these games if these plays never occurred.

STEELWINDS AKA The East Side Kid

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Brandon556211

Brandon556211 Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2018
    Improve the O line and things will fall in place. If the O line doesn’t improve, the rest doesn’t matter.

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. Rel

Rel Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2018
    Don't forget the many times Washington was wide open for easy touchdowns and Duck just never sees him.

8. Steelers304

Steelers304 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2015
    RB, OL, WR need to be drafted with our first picks.

9. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Edmunds replacement at SS should be one of the top 3.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Scratch that, i i forgot about our DB drafting capabilities.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  11. STEELWINDS

STEELWINDS

Sep 12, 2019
    Hey Rel.

Yeah, I am sure that my list is incomplete. The ones I listed are the most "glaring" to me. However, the big difference is who was at QB. The Red Zone conversion rate was horrible with Mason and Duck. We had similar problems with Ben. So, I am not giving Mason and Duck a "pass" for all of the "O" blunders. Even though Mason and Duck each really had only one awful game a piece (Mason-Browns) (Duck-Jets) when they were playing, they were not helping the cause with their inabilities to get TDs instead of FGs where Ben would probably of had a better conversion rate there. So, indirectly Mason and Duck did contribute to some of these losses even when they played relatively mistake-free in those games I mentioned.

STEELWINDS AKA The East Side Kid

12. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    Due to my daughter-in-law being an alum of LSU I have been sort of forced to follow them this season. Assuming the Bungholes get Burrows and they don't screw it up they could become a force.

Agree on Lamar but at the moment a lot of people are looking forward to sticking him in my face. For many many years I have said a running QB will never ever win a SB. I'm being reminded of that comment daily.

13. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Cole McDonald university of Hawaii. Keep an eye on this kid. I only saw him play one time this year but he looked like he had some game. Under the radar guy. 33tds - 14 int. 7 rushing tds. 6-4 220. 64% completion. Maybe a later round gem. :cool:

14. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    What’s are you looking to do start a McDonald’s franchise?

15. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    Nope, Steelers dynasty.:smiley1::cool:

16. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Yeah, we'd be better off getting a SS through free agency.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    anybody know much about the kid from LSU we just picked up?:cool:

18. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    And now that the defense has some talent the offense is now lacking in talent. They need to draft at literally every skill position on offense.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  19. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    He's Battle tested :hehehe:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  20. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    I think by the start of the season his ship will be sunk...

• Like Like x 1
  21. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    Why can't we bring in a QB coach?

I would have bet the farm that Randy would have been shown his walking papers the day the season ended; but if we are going to have to endure him another year why can't they bring in a coach to help the 3 young QBs we currently have under contract? There will be a lot of opportunity this off season to coach these 3 young guys up.

What is the argument for not having a QB coach? It is not like Ben will be at half of these off-season practices anyway, so he should not care one way or the other if the Steelers bring in someone to work with these guys in the off season.

Is this policy of No QB coach something Tomlin believes in?

22. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    Fichtner is the QB coach

23. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    He should go back to full time then.

24. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    For another team.

• Agree Agree x 1
  25. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    Well I can live with him sharing his BASS fishing techniques from the QB coach position. I don’t think knowing how to tie Palomar knots and the best speed to retrieve spinner baits and buzz baits is very helpful coming from the OC.