1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

2020 draft

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by fearthesteel, Jan 4, 2020.

1. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Exactly, we don’t need a good running back, we need a great running back!

Last edited: Jan 5, 2020
  2. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    That's some stable...

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  3. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Ben needs them to block with his new robotic arm.

4. SteelCity_NB

SteelCity_NB Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 23, 2011
    If I thought James Conner could stay healthy, RB wouldn't even be on my radar.

I do not think that. And neither should Tomlin nor Colbert.

We need a true #1 workhouse.

5. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    I want the BPA maybe in the second round, Kareem Hunt led the league in rushing as a rookie and he was a third round pick.

6. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    I disagree, New England has won many Super Bowls with RBBC, they need a good RB to share the load.

7. fearthesteel

fearthesteel Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2019
    this is exactly the point of the thread. say we nees o-line help and dl help, were good at outside lb if bud stays, pretty good at corner and reciever for now, running backs decent, but say all the really good o-line are gone but theres an extremely good outside lb that slipped down?

or an potential starting game changing corner available? do we reach for that o-line that is a potential 6th rounder cuz were in need or do we say lets take the best player available and draft that corner or outside linebacker or even best wide reciever even tho we have james juju and

see thats where i think colbert and boys mess up. they let all the bpa's go and take pos. of need even if that player of need was projected a late rounder hoping he pans out in the same case of a terrell edmunds and artie burns. hell even jarvis jones.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

Indeed.

However, there is one major caveat that is being forgotten here. A big one overall. Randy Fichtner can not hold a candle to Sean Payton in terms of Offensive Game Planning.

That is like choosing Spam over Prime Rib!! :lolol:

9. Black Steel

Black Steel Member

May 22, 2019
    I would like to sign Hunt, should be able to get him cheap.

10. SteelersFanIrl

SteelersFanIrl Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2019
    He would be an ideal signing but he is a restricted free agent, if the Browns offer him a tender (and they’d be foolish not to) I can’t see the Steelers being interested

11. Da Stellars

Oct 22, 2011
    Hunt is not a good dude. No way I want him on this team.

No Hunts in my Heinz please!

12. Black Steel

Black Steel Member

May 22, 2019
    You are probably right but man he would be great. There are other RB's going to be available, as well as TE. Lots of FA Tight Ends this year. While I am a subscriber to BPA most times, I would focus on the lines and QB in this draft. Move dead weight (Baron, McDonald, etc) and sign Hooper and a RB.

13. Black Steel

Black Steel Member

May 22, 2019
    While I've never done anything as stupid as he did, I have done some stupid things. I'm glad I'm not judged today based off dumb things I did when I was younger. I've never heard he was a bad teammate or had any further off the field incidents.

14. Da Stellars

Oct 22, 2011
    That's true, but this is a business, not life in general... you need to weigh the possibility that he might do something stupid again, get suspended, and ruin your season.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2020
  15. blake duerden

blake duerden Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2017
    try to roll with what works imo.
    drafting db's not workin but working with fa's. might just be with how steelers develop and are stronger at certain positions. just do somethin right this year pls

16. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    If Alualu retires and Finney is re-signed then they should go for DL. Especially if they keep Dupree over Hargrave. If Hargrave goes to another cemetery, that could potentially put us down 2 DTs.

Otherwise I"m all in on a LT prospect if he's there in rnd 2.

17. Da Stellars

Oct 22, 2011
    Alualu might retire? Damn.

18. Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0 Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2019
    Alualu has one more year left on his contract, I would be very surprised if he didn't play it out.

19. BigBensBigBong

BigBensBigBong Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2014
    Yep. I would go even further and say I think management will not be looking at RB position this time around unless some high value fell in to their lap.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Man, when you turn on a player, you turn HARD. :lolol:

21. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  22. RobertoC#21

RobertoC#21 Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2011
    I believe we need both RB and WR help tremendously. With Ben being back hopefully at 100% next year ( lets assume he is for sake of argument ) he will make the offensive line better with his knowledge of blitz recognition and line adjustments. This means our WR corp will be slightly better and more plays being made since they may have another second or two to get open. This means to me that WR now becomes second in priority. Lets talk about the RB's we have:

Connor - Has shown flashes of greatness, but has shown more ability in not being able to stay healthy or play a full season. To me this is a weakness and not a strength as it causes the team an uncertainty throughout the season and game planning.

Samuels - Has had a good game or two but is not a stud RB. He is a great change of pace and receiving option on 3rd downs. To me he is a 3rd down back primarily.

Snell - Love his toughness, but I dont see him as a goto pound the rock move the chains type of RB. I think his size is his detriment although he does run tough, he gets stopped alot when the defense knows a run is imminent.

Whyte - Love his speed, but he hasnt shown the ability to block, catch or do more then outrun a defender. I think he is a keeper but not the workhorse we will lean on.

Edmonds - has some speed but not much beyond that.

Nix - if we arent going to use him to lead block, we are wasting a roster spot. Special teams alone is not a reason to make a squad. In my opinion, if you cant make it as a position player first, you dont make the team. I am tired of seeing special team players. There are depth charts for a reason and as far as I know there isnt a depth chart for ST.....its next man up!

Long story short, take a RB, WR or TE in rounds 2-4 and then sure up the OL. WE need playmakers, we lost 2 of the best the past 2 years and our offense has shown that they are not up to par with the rest of the league anymore.

23. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    I am speculating as he is getting up there in age. Just playing out scenarios for discussion.

24. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    You dump foster and pay feiler his money. You dump Pounce y and pay finney his money. Derwin grey is still in the pipeline as is chuks. You need some depth on the interior with center capabilities. See what you can sign banner for. Draft risner and seal up the oline. I like our stable of rbs for now. The price is right.

you dump mccullers. Draft fotu. Get buggs in the rotation and we are good. Mondeaux had shown some capabilities last year.

Dump McDonald and sign vannett back. Look to Detroit for the seldom used Jesse James to get back with gentry as the 3rd.

Draft quintez cephus from wisconsin as a wr. Juju, washington, johnson, cain, cephus. I'd go to battle with that group. Tough as they come. New wr coach.

dupree stays. Dump chickillo. Skipper and ola stay.

safety depth.

Layne and sutton play a bigger role. Sutton may get extended. Hilton probably gone.

Berry gone. Low price punter competition held.

I think this is all doable. We can use these one mil. Here and there players to add up and offer dupree a fair contract. :cool:

• Agree Agree x 2
  25. Da Stellars

Oct 22, 2011
    Yeah I don't understand what is going on between Sutton and Hilton, they are both taking each others playing time....