1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Bowl Game Prospects

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by NY STEELERFAN, Dec 25, 2019.

1. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    I did this last year and had some fun with it feel free to add your own takes. Here is some links on prospects for tomorrows games:

https://thegamehaus.com/nfl/nfl-draft-prospects-in-the-2019-walk-ons-independence-bowl/2019/12/19/

https://thegamehaus.com/nfl/nfl-draft-prospects-in-the-2019-quick-lane-bowl/2019/12/19/

I am not all up on what guys are playing and which are sitting out but just trying to get some info out there for those who might be watching.

Shaquille Quarterman, LB and Michael Pinckney, LB are guys I am interested in mainly because of the TFL stats, 15.5 & 12.5. I like guys that play on the other side of the LOS

2. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    If Linebacking is seriously the issue then, assuming that somehow, someway he is still on the board, I would take Dylan Moses and not look back. Him and Devin Bush would become absolute monsters in the middle; true three down linebackers. Again though, all this will depend on if Dylan can not just show up at the combine but also perform well.

Monty Rice is also another Linebacker I would look into. Fits that athletic line of linebackers Tomlin would want. Malik Harrison is also another choice. Last any of us heard was Kevin Colbert scouting the B1G back in October. Granted, that game was Michigan State vs. Iowa but I am certain that there are other linebackers he is keeping his eyes on.

Wildcard here is Hamash Nasirildeen. He is a hybrid player who can play either Safety or Linebacker. Issue is he has an ACL injury so it is unknown if or when he will be ready for the Combine.

3. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    @AskQuestionsLater a guy I am really looking into as maybe a replacement for Bud(we tag him) in 2 years. Quincy Roche, Temple I need to look at him Friday 13 sacks and 18 TFL right up my alley........

4. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    Don't forget we get Ulysess Gilbert III back next year

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    Belk Bowl Prospects (via Neal and Andrew)

Rnd Full Name Pos # School
    4th Caleb Farley CB 3 Virginia Tech
    4th Logan Stenburg OG 71 Kentucky
    5th Reggie Floyd S 21 Virginia Tech
    5th Kash Daniel LB 56 Kentucky
    7th Damon Hazelton WR 14 Virginia Tech
    7th-FA Quinton Bohanna DT 95 Kentucky

6. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    Sun Bowl Prospects (via AJ and Neal)

Rnd Full Name Pos # School
    2nd Marvin Wilson DT 21 Florida State
    2nd Hamsah Nasirildeen S 21 Florida State
    3rd Brandon Aiyuk WR 2 Arizona State
    4th Cam Akers RB 3 Florida State
    4th Tamorrion Terry WR 15 Florida State
    4th Eno Benjamin RB 3 Arizona State
    4th Chase Lucas CB 24 Arizona State
    6th Stanford Samuels CB 8 Florida State
    6th Janarius Robinson DE 11 Florida State
    7th Levonta Taylor CB 1 Florida State
    FA Dontavious Jackson LB 5 Florida State

7. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    Lot of great bowl games today!! Make sure you get those down NY! Thanks for the hard work my man!! :)

• Like Like x 1
  8. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    Thanks man I am in rough shape I am not sure I am getting to it today.....lol.

[​IMG]

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  9. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    Good read here and if you can watch this might be a guy we want to keep an eye on. I know more than 1 person feels like TE is a big need for us.........

TicketSmarter Birmingham Bowl: Boston College (6-6) vs. No. 21 Cincinnati (10-3) — 3 p.m. (ESPN)

Cincinnati TE Josiah Deguara —We don’t know if RB Michael Warren will declare for the draft, and the opponent’s back (A.J. Dillion) is skipping this game. So let’s shine a light on Deguara, who first caught our back in the opener against UCLA when he chased down a Bruins defender off a turnover and made a TD-saving tackle 60 yards downfield. Since then, the hybrid fullback-tight end (he’ll play both positions at the Senior Bowl) led the Bearcats in receptions and caught seven of the team’s 18 TD passes this season. He’s not massive at 6-3 and 242 pounds, but Deguara looks like the kind of high-effort player no coach wants to get rid of on cutdown day. Put him in the slot, inline, offset, in motion — whatever — and use him on special teams. Useful player and a late-round sleeper." data-reactid="165" style="margin-bottom: 1em; color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: "Yahoo Sans"; font-size: 17px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);">Cincinnati TE Josiah Deguara — We don’t know if RB Michael Warren will declare for the draft, and the opponent’s back (A.J. Dillion) is skipping this game. So let’s shine a light on Deguara, who first caught our back in the opener against UCLA when he chased down a Bruins defender off a turnover and made a TD-saving tackle 60 yards downfield. Since then, the hybrid fullback-tight end (he’ll play both positions at the Senior Bowl) led the Bearcats in receptions and caught seven of the team’s 18 TD passes this season. He’s not massive at 6-3 and 242 pounds, but Deguara looks like the kind of high-effort player no coach wants to get rid of on cutdown day. Put him in the slot, inline, offset, in motion — whatever — and use him on special teams. Useful player and a late-round sleeper.

10. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
  11. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    Sad to see Roche go back he was an early draft crush for me:

Underclassmen tracking updated (near) daily:
    January 1st: the following have declared for the draft: RB Tony Jones Jr. Notre Dame, CB Jeffrey Okudah Ohio State and WR K.J. Hamler Penn State. These underclassmen are returning to school and have been removed from the board: WR Tylan Wallace Oklahoma State, QB K.J. Costello Stanford, QB Jamie Newman Wake Forest and EDGE Quincy Roche Temple.
    January 3rd: the following have declared for the draft: LB Kenneth Murray Oklahoma, TE Cole Kmet Notre Dame. These underclassmen are returning to school and have been removed from the board: OT Alex Leatherwood Alabama, WR T.J. Vasher Texas Tech, DT Cory Durden Florida State and DT Jaylen Twyman Pitt.
    January 4th: the following have declared for the draft: EDGE Chase Young Ohio State, OC Cesar Ruiz Michigan, RB Jonathan Taylor Wisconsin and RB D'Andre Swift Georgia. These underclassmen are returning to school and have been removed from the board: LB Paddy Fisher Northwestern and DT Corey Bethley TCU.

12. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    Today's bowl game player to watch:

Tulane
    Patrick Johnson, EDGE

13. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    A TE I will be looking at is Adam Trautman, Dayton (6-foot-6, 255 pounds, RS-senior)

Small school but I think he got an invite to the Senior Bowl, will get an idea how he performs against top talent.

A little profile on him:
    Adam Trautman has quietly been on fire on the FCS trail. He came to campus as a quarterback and quickly made the transition to tight end following his redshirt season. Trautman is the classic versatile TE that is also a high-end blocker. He holds the program record for receptions and touchdown catches in a game (four) to prove he’s also a very valuable pass catcher. Trautman possesses a large frame and speed for his size (4.76), and in only his third season at the position, there's a lot of intrigue surrounding the Flyers’ tight end.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0 Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2019
    2020 NFL Draft: Top 10 prospects to watch in the National Championship

BY ANTHONY TREASH
    JAN 9, 2020

The highly anticipated National Championship game between LSU and Clemson is right around the corner. This one, in particular, is set to be historic, as the top-to-bottom talent these teams have on their rosters is unmatched. There are basically five first-round locks in the 2020 NFL Draft class that’ll be taking the field and numerous others that’ll be in the first round of the next two drafts. With the focus being on this year for now, we give you the top 10 prospects in the 2020 class that’ll be playing for this year’s National Championship:

to read rest of article:

https://www.pff.com/news/draft-2020-nfl-draft-top-prospects-to-watch-national-championship-game

• Like Like x 2
  15. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    S K'Von Wallace is one of the guys I'll be watching. If the Steelers want to add some depth, which I think they need, to the S position, Wallace could be a good candidate. He's not the tallest or fastest, so he won't be optimized at single high but we have Fitzpatrick for that. Clemson has used him all over, so he's very versatile, kinda like Gardner-Johnson last year.

The article really only covers the skill guys which is B.S. I'm watching some of the beef on the lines. Cushenberry for sure.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    He had a good showing. Some more info on him during the Senior Bowl week.

https://www.daytondailynews.com/spo...s-mission-senior-bowl/KI2WBBRX3vmtBDQrRO88bM/

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/back-to-future-adam-trautman-leads-group-of-senior-bowl-risers/

• Like Like x 1