1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

MILITARY BOWL

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by NY STEELERFAN, Dec 27, 2019.

1. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    Big line up of games today 5 total but this one starts it off. One name I will be watching is junior defensive end Quincy Roche. I am not some talent guru but love the draft stuff and I have started reading into it and this kid has popped out to me. He has had some injuries but 13 sacks and 18 TFL this season is pretty impressive. Also todays game is less than an hour from where he grew up so lots of family expected so I am thinking a big game from him. Also another player to watch is fellow junior center Matt Hennessy. Both these guys have not said they are going to the draft but if they do worth keeping an eye on, both got their degrees.

Also:

Temple’s most experienced position is linebacker and this will be the final game for the trio of Shaun Bradley, Sam Franklin and Chapelle Russell. Bradley and Franklin are seniors and Russell is a graduate student. Bradley is a two-time first-team all-American Athletic Conference choice and Franklin earned second-team honors. Bradley leads the Owls with 79 tackles, Russell is second with 63 and Franklin third with 61. North Carolina’s defense is led by junior linebacker Chazz Surratt, a 6-3, 230-pound first-team all-ACC selection. He has 110 tackles, including 13.5 tackles for loss and six sacks. What makes Surratt’s accomplishments even more impressive is that he converted from quarterback to linebacker at the end of last year. Sophomore linebacker Jeremial Gemmel is UNC’s second leading tackler with 79.

2. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    Not sure is anyone watched I got tied up most of the day but judging by the score Temole's D didn't show up. Anyone have opinions on Roche?

3. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    Saw some Quincy this season. He is good but not worth our 2nd round pick. Too much stiffness in the hips. Needs to add some serious strength too.

Regarding Chazz Surratt, he is interesting. He has more potential than Cole Holcomb; the NFL Rookie leader in tackles. I see more development needed for him but he can be a quality starter.

That said, I liked Ulysees Gilbert III far more than Chazz. In addition, Gilbert is likley to become the primary backup as Mark Barron is likely gone.

• Like Like x 1
  4. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    Thanks for the input on these guys, I am not saying Roche is our 2nd pick I am saying he is worth looking into as a draft pick. It is so hard right now to predict where most of these guys are going to go. For example Draft Tek has Roche as the #280 prospect, I am sure that will change.

As for ILB I agree I have high hopes for UG3 to step in and also for us to sent Barron packing. Barron is carring an heavy cap number as is VW but the difference is we can get cap relief with Barron and not VW. My thought right now is OLB is a bigger need than ILB, jmo