1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Rudolph and Duck

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by steel_d_curtain, Dec 22, 2019.

1. steel_d_curtain

steel_d_curtain Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2011
    You both reek from here! Horrible and inconsistent we need to look for a 2nd string Qb next year

2. Tiggs99

Tiggs99 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2019
    Possibly look at playing Paxton next week. Perhaps he will surprise everyone with the weight of number 1 draft pick and franchise savior off him.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Jammasterc

Jammasterc Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Are not NFL starters or backups.

EDIT; haha Dislike all you want. They had the chance and blew it.

Last edited: Dec 24, 2019
    • Disagree Disagree x 3
  4. Jujubean

Jujubean Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2019
    I legit feel bad for Duck poor kid is so overmatched it’s not funny. He looks like he wants to cry

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    ...both quarterbacks suck.

That was meant to be the start of a poem, right?:hehehe:

At this point, I start Paxton if Rudolph can’t go next week.

That said, Hodges damn near had the game-winning touchdown on that pass to Washington.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  6. dobbler-33

dobbler-33 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    Rudolph has the tools. They nursed him along and he showed some sack prior to the (was delivering and all of us were screaming for the cuffs to come off) KO... He needed time off IMO he came back too soon. I also tend to think the benching gave him time and lit a fire under his azz too bad O'l mister snake bite ain't rode out of town yet.

Duck is a scrappy SOB took his lumps the last 2 weeks and despite a ****ty snap tossed a pass that was highly catchable after his prior pass fell from the hands of Washington for a score or close to it... The last 2 plays.

Neither were given much help by wildcat Randy and his predictable if not out right shoddy play calling.

They weren't even given a solid chance to manage a game with a decent D. OC has to go and if yinz want a great D, Butler has to go too. Only problem is who to bring in that ain't a Tomlin homie?

Lot of possible shakeup coming this of season but it'll mostly be not retaining players and holding on to coaches I suspect.

• Agree Agree x 4
  7. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Rudolph is good.... he's a victim of bad luck, IMO. He'll be back. Duck... I don't know. Lynch? Steelers would be wise to keep him around.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  8. Jball

Jball Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2012
    What are the knocks on Lynch?

Has he even had enough starts that people can point to why he can't succeed? He was given up on faster than any first rounder I've ever seen.

I mean, for gods sake, we're still starting Edmunds. lol

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  9. Jujubean

Aug 12, 2019
    Edmunds is so fing horrible if it wasn’t so sad I’d laugh

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. Jball

Jball Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2012
    Not to hijack the thread but I'd seriously look into bring Davis back next year. They might be able to get a reasonable deal.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  11. Jujubean

Aug 12, 2019
    TOMLIN thought he was drafting the guy in Buffalo. Another reason to fire that BUM

12. Mike T

Mike T Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2018
    Looking at Lynch’s pro stats I’m actually curious about him. He’s only played 5 pro games? That really is a small sample size to abandon a 1st round pick. However I know very little about him.

at this point put him in and see what happens. Even if we somehow luck into the playoffs and the D plays lights out, let’s face it we can’t hang with the teams that are gonna be in the post season. Just too many injuries and issues.

Sucks cause it’s a wasted year of a great defense!

13. YinzerBuckeye

YinzerBuckeye Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2015
    Hodges is who he is at the end of the day. He's an UDFA QB with a suspect arm. He's not the second coming of Kurt Warner.

I still think Rudolph has a lot of potential. He has a big arm.

• Agree Agree x 3
  14. Philofarnsworth79

Philofarnsworth79 Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2019
    Mason played well while in. Hopefully he can go... If he doesn't get knocked out in the last Ravens game I think Steelers win... O line has to pick up blocks and stop letting guys t off untouched on QB...

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. DuckSux

DuckSux Active Member

Dec 22, 2019
    Both of them need to go!! Take Juju and Connors candy ass with them!! I never knew next man up meant next candy ass with a knee or a glass shoulder! So frustrated with this team. Let’s go Pens!!

16. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Lots of games we could’ve won it’s so sad. Just like in the bedroom football is a game of inches

• Hilarious Hilarious x 4
  17. KMM

KMM Well-Known Member

Sep 17, 2018
    Rudolph's arm is average at best. His accuracy isn't good either. I have no faith in him as a future NFL starter.

edit: Read this scouting report coming out of college and you'll see the weaknesses basically playing out.
    https://walterfootball.com/scoutingreport2018mrudolph.php

Last edited: Dec 23, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  18. Jammasterc

Jammasterc Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    So was it a bad snap that caused Rudolph to fumble the ball and fall to the ground and get hurt?

Or did he just trip over bad footwork?

I’ll have to rewatch today.

19. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    They both suck. You couldn't trade either one of them for a ham sandwich.

20. KMM

KMM Well-Known Member

Sep 17, 2018
    I believe the play that he got injured on was one where Finney stepped on his foot as he backed away from center.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  21. Rel

Rel Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2018
    yes. He’s also starting a year or two earlier than expected. He was a project coming out of college.

I thought he looked good in the Jets game. Decisions were quicker, passes looked strong. Losing Pouncy caused some issues.

• Agree Agree x 2
  22. burghfan58

burghfan58 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Rudolph is the answer next week. He played well early on and had us in the games against Seattle, SanFran and Baltimore. That was playing with WRs who had not developed. His games against Seattle and SanFran were with a defense that was still coming around. Had our defense been where it is today he would have been heralded as the second coming. When he came back after the concussion it may have been too soon. But, the poor guy was under siege all day against the Browns. Against the Bengals I think he was too hesitant after a 4 interception performance.

I never believed in the Duck hype or was on the Duck train. His wins were by the skin of his teeth with a strong defensive performance. His loss to Buffalo was not just a bad performance, but the same play he has every week. He just made the bigger mistakes to lose it this time.

Bottom line, Rudolph is our better option and had he been afforded all the tools Ben has had over the last few years, fans would have been excited about his ability. I think the kid still has it.

23. Brandon556211

Brandon556211 Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2018
    Neither one is a NFL starter. I think Rudolph could develop into a nice backup though.

• Agree Agree x 2
  24. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Rudolph is out of Week 17 with a shoulder injury. It's going to be Hodges starting with Paxton as the No. 2.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  25. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I believe with proper coaching both can still be Steelers.
    They need coached up badly. Break down and build from the ground up
    badly. They both should invest in a QB whisperer this off season if they are
    going to stay in the league.