1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Petition to Fire OC Randy Fitchner

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by cajunyankee, Dec 15, 2019.

1. cajunyankee

cajunyankee Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    For no other reason than to continue to run the stupid wildcat ..... now with Connor who hasn’t even played in 5 weeks!!!!

60 out of 80 passes from Duck has been less than ten yards ........

So focused of spending the week teaching Connor the Wildcat instead of getting the QB Duck and his WR on the same page.....

Fire Fitchner now!!!!

Cajun

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 1
  2. defva

defva Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    What do they actually do in practice is the big question. Two games left in the season and they're still struggling on offense

3. harristotle

harristotle Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Start an actual petition. I'd sign it.

• Like Like x 1
  4. cajunyankee

Oct 27, 2011
    Practice the wildcat with every RB

Cajun

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  5. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    this week they made sure that NBC got their headline of 3 brothers 1 game

• Like Like x 1
  6. Jujubean

Jujubean Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2019
  7. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    I think my biggest criticism with the play calling is he is letting defenses T up on both Mason and Duck.... where is the max protect? The DLine almost all year is going straight up the middle.

These guys are basically rookies, he should play it safer with his calls.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    While I agree with you, I just don't see anyway this will happen because Ben is the OC when under center. With 2 years max in Bens career, no way they saddle him with a new OC.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Funny you say that because to me there was no reason to dress 5 RBs and only 4 DL. That forced them to play McCullers and the way Buffalo was able to run the ball I’d much rather see Buggs than Dan. Gotta have the story though I guess....

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    So where’s this petition?

• Like Like x 1
  11. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    In their defense; it was a touching story, and it gave the gal on the sideline something to report on.;+)

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    That's assuming Ben has any years left in that gimpy arm. But I don't see an OC change coming this season, and probably not next season either.

13. THREE RIVER SHIVER

THREE RIVER SHIVER Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2017
    Randy is a big problem. When it came time for him to earn his paycheck, he **** the bed. No flo,no confidence building throws for a young quarterback. Buffalo pressures the qb.Do they not watch tape?.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  14. cajunyankee

Oct 27, 2011
    I get he isn’t going anywhere anytime soon..... he and Tomlin have beeen friends long before Tomlin came to the Steelers....

Sticking with the wildcat is Stupid...... Also Bringing in extra TE and OT is stupid..... Everybody and their Grandma Knows they are going to run And run up the middle .....

Tomlin said he likes it because it’s man on man and may the best man win and That attitude is Stupid..... how many times must you loose before you toss away those dumb plays ???

Cajun

• Like Like x 1
  15. BigBensBigBong

BigBensBigBong Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2014
    He is pretty horrible. We could do better.

He has no imagination. Even has horrible, fundamentally flawed decision making at times. The words clever and smart have nothing to do with him. Seems like we spend the whole first half trying to figure out what we can or cannot do.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Where do I sign?

• Like Like x 1
  17. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    I would sign in a heartbeat, I feel like what we just watched was very similar to what we saw out of Mason the last time he was on the field and what is the connection............FITCHNER!!!!!! I get it that he is Ben's guy and MT and him are tight however if we are not going to have Ben we need a guy who knows a little about being an OC.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    @SDOT was supposed to circulate it, but he’s on a boycott.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 8
    • Like Like x 1
  19. BK99

BK99 Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    How about a bubble screen with no blockers? Or the play action pass with no short route? Or even a anything close to an NFL type screen pass. I said this before, I'm not sure we could put all the blame on Rudolph, Fichtner is in over his head and you can see it. The guy just can't design an offense to save his life.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  20. STEELWINDS

STEELWINDS

Sep 12, 2019
    Hey cajunyankee.

I just could not believe what I saw on that play. At the minimum, that is three points left on field. The Coaches completely "Outsmarted Themselves". Just line it up and play good old smash mouth football. Once again, where are the TEs in theses types of situations?

STEELWINDS AKA The East Side Kid

• Like Like x 1
  21. steel_ben7

steel_ben7 Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2015
    Yea he is god awful and should have been fired at halftime. This obsession with getting Johnny Freakin Holton the ball has got to stop. He is in the game way too much and hopefully once Ju Ju is back both Holton and Tevin Jones are nowhere to be found in this offense. Fitchner is a total idiot and other then being Ben’s buddy he has no business being a coordinator running an NFL offense.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  22. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Hey SW....
    Is it outsmarting themselves or thinking they’re smarter than everyone else? The situational awareness continues to plague this team and I’m sorry it started way before Fichtner and the young QBs got their chance. If MT is gonna get credit for game altering designs on a chalkboard,he deserves some blame for his poor situational awareness. There are a multitude of examples of it. He’s quoted recently saying “ If he’s awake and in the building,he’s meeting with someone “. Maybe he should include his OC in some of those meetings. Situational awareness needs to improve. Too many games are won and lost over just a couple of plays that we rarely look prepared for.
    More often than not the KISS method is the best way to go. We fall victim to the one “S “ far too often...

• Agree Agree x 1
  23. SteelCity_NB

SteelCity_NB Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 23, 2011
    Todd Haley anyone?

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  24. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012

In a heartbeat I am one of the few that didn't want him gone. You can go back and check I said MT should have made Ben and Haley get along. Hey the grass is always greener..............................just sayin

• Like Like x 3
  25. steelers5859

steelers5859 Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    I think most people don't realize what we are playing with. Undrafted rookie quarterback, 2nd, 3rd and 4th WRs and 2nd, 3rd and 4th Rbs.
    And I'm not sure we have a number two WR or RB.

Everyone was ready to run Butler out of town (I still want him gone) because the defense was subpar. Now that he has talent we have not heard a word.

Fitchner was playing with Ben, AB, Bell and a much better offensive line and we didn't hear a word. Now that his talent is worst than our defensive talent was last year, everyone wants him gone.

Just imagine if our starting defense was McCullers, Hargrave and Alaulu. Spiliane, Matkevich and Chick. Layne and Sean Davis in the secondary.

That is about the equivalent of our offense right now.

I wonder if any TEAM would have a winning record right now starting the players we have starting right now.

None of our skill position players would be starting on any team right now. And may not even be a backup.

We are playing with house money right now.

• Dislike Dislike x 1