1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Tomlin almost had me believing

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by 86WardsWay, Dec 8, 2019.

1. TheTerribleOwl

TheTerribleOwl Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2017
    Berry said that they cancelled the fake but he didn't hear the call to cancel it.

2. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    So basically what we're saying is we won the game regardless of how many stupid mistakes were made, right?

3. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
  4. Confluence

Confluence Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2017
    u dont win Steelers win (coached by Mike Tomlin 23-17)

5. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012

Tomlin is an Idiot for drawing it up in the first place. The guy shoots himself in the foot all the time. If he does take us to the SB again I will have my local ER on notice for a possible heart attack before the coin flip.

• Like Like x 1
  6. NickSteel

NickSteel Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2011
    I think some people don’t realize that Tomlin is currently #16 all time in win percentage. Take out the pre-merger coaches and he is #8. I think a little perspective is sorely needed.

There is only one currently active head coach that is higher on the list than Mike Tomlin. I’m sure you can guess who that is.

• Winner Winner x 1
  7. Steel Hog

Dec 6, 2017
    Yes and they are going to win their division and go to the playoffs.

8. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    The Patriots haven't suffered the injuries like the Steelers have.

9. Steel Hog

Dec 6, 2017
    That is the point, again.

10. Steel Hog

Dec 6, 2017
    I repeat, they are going to win their division and go to the playoffs. It doesn't matter who, what , why, if, or, but etc, their going to the post season. Period.

11. Steel Hog

Dec 6, 2017
    Yawn...................

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  12. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    I'd assume that baring any injuries they will be on the team until the end of the season. When Juju and Conner are healthy no roster moves need to be made. I think at least one of the lower tier WR will move to the practice squad or be inactive the next three weeks. They can carry all the RB's since Nix was IR'd. Mac's concussion could change all this of course.

13. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    Owning you on here is like taking candy from a baby :hehehe:

14. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

15. The Glory Days

The Glory Days Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2017
    True true. I especially liked all his interceptions and sacks. Tomlin is doing a great job this season. And that return to the house? You just can't give Tomlin enough credit for that.

I mean, I am so stupid. I defended Switzer. Tomlin, in his infinite wisdom, got Switzer hurt just so Johnson could take over. That Tomlin, he's amazing!

16. STEELWINDS

STEELWINDS

Sep 12, 2019
    Hey 86WardsWay.

Yes, one "Decent" (so far) season does not "maketh". Yes, he has been dealt a tough set of cards and has us still playing "Significant". As I stated before, what else is he suppose to do. If he truly believes that which he speaks, then what has been accomplished up to this point should be of no surprise to him or anyone else.

Do we give him a parade or a trophy for doing his job? This is similar to my post last week. It is Tomlin's very quotes: "The Next Man Up" and "The Standard is the Standard" that are in effect here. If he truly believes in his own words, then none of what the team has accomplished should be a surprise nor celebrated.

Do not get me wrong. I get all of the so-called "adversity" that one can make out from this season. Once again, so what! This is what he was hired to do. Starters, subs, practice squad players. he was hired to get a job done with a group of professional football players no matter what their rankings are on the team. I am glad that he is achieving a measure of success, for sure. However, I would expect nothing less no matter what the circumstances are. Now, win the Super Bowl and then we can talk accolades. We all face adversity at some point in life, including are jobs. That is why the term "Contingency Plan" exists.

STEELWINDS
    AKA The East Side Kid

17. STEELWINDS

STEELWINDS

Sep 12, 2019
    Hey 86WardsWay.

Yes, one "Decent" (so far) season does not "maketh". Yes, he has been dealt a tough set of cards and has us still playing "Significant". As I stated before, what else is he suppose to do. If he truly believes that which he speaks, then what has been accomplished up to this point should be of no surprise to him or anyone else.

Do we give him a parade or a trophy for doing his job? This is similar to my post last week. It is Tomlin's very quotes: "The Next Man Up" and "The Standard is the Standard" that are in effect here. If he truly believes in his own words, then none of what the team has accomplished should be a surprise nor celebrated.

Do not get me wrong. I get all of the so-called "adversity" that one can make out from this season. Once again, so what! This is what he was hired to do. Starters, subs, practice squad players. he was hired to get a job done with a group of professional football players no matter what their rankings are on the team. I am glad that he is achieving a measure of success, for sure. However, I would expect nothing less no matter what the circumstances are. Now, win the Super Bowl and then we can talk accolades. We all face adversity at some point in life, including are jobs. That is why the term "Contingency Plan" exists.

STEELWINDS
    AKA The East Side Kid

18. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Can you repeat that? ;)

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  19. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    No crap! I mean Baltimore is living off making insane 4th down calls that they've been able to convert!

I didn't like the call at first, but they say they scouted it out and practiced it in the week. IMHO from here on out they need to scrap that from the playbook. They've shown no ability over the last couple of years to successfully complete a fake punt.

20. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    This.

We've got the defense we've been wanting for years, we've got a plucky UDFA finding ways to win against all odds, we go into a game out west against a team wanting revenge for the humiliation the week before, we win, and... all the focus is on a bodged punt.

21. BURGH43STEL

BURGH43STEL Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Some people love to hate on Tomlin because it's what they love to do. They have a difficult time enjoying the wins under that circumstance.

• Agree Agree x 2
  22. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Thanks for proving my point. You just can't seem to help yourself. Sad.

23. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Confluence? More like flatulence. :poopy:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  24. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    We won the game and that’s the goal right? Would I like to see a perfect performance every time? Of course. That’s not reality though.

All coaches make questionable decisions from time to time. Sit down and watch some other games from start to finish and you’ll see that mistakes are not exclusive to Tomlin.

Some people here have such a hatred for Tomlin that you can’t have a rational levelheaded discussion with them regarding anything to do with Tomlin.

• Like Like x 2
  25. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011
    But the dude can run. OMG.. He took over in a flash and picked up the first down