1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Tomlin almost had me believing

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by 86WardsWay, Dec 8, 2019.

1. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Look at the Patriots schedule earlier this season it was weak, now they're playing tougher competition, they have started to lose some games.

2. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    I'm sure that bothers you:shrug:

• Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  3. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    Lack of talent yes, but also lack of experience. Finally the OL is establishing itself, but look at the crew they have a WR, RB, QB..these guys are incredibly young. Snell fumbles, but his runs in the 2nd half allowed drives to be sustained and give the D rest. Dionte stepping up after mistakes last week. Cain and Whyte producing.

I do not like the pass call at all. I if they run the clock continues, run another, then run it down on the FG, take the 5 yards and kick it. Leaves very little on the clock.

4. BURGH43STEL

BURGH43STEL Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    IMO Brady isn't playing at the same level as he was in the past. This could be his last year.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Jujubean

Jujubean Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2019
    After starting 0-3 we have gone 8-2 last 10.

we have beaten Cincy 2x
    Cleveland
    Miami
    Indy with 3rd string QB and they are 6-7
    Rams who have a winning record but has been one of the biggest disappointments
    Chargers who blow
    Arizona who is 3-9

best team we have beaten are the 7-5 Rams

6. BURGH43STEL

Oct 23, 2011
    Appears they have a good player in Johnson. He is going to be dangerous player as he gains more experience.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Steel4Blood

Steel4Blood Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2017
    There's Belichek number 1.
    No one is close to him.
    After that there is a group of guys that are the next best coaches in the league. Tomlin is in that group with guys like Andy Reid, Sean Payton, and Harbough.
    Tomlin isnt perfect but no one in his tier is. They all have their flaws. Tomlin is doing a great job this year keeping this team afloat when everyone thought they were done once Ben went down. People that still complain about everything Tomlin does are just holding on to some weird vendetta they have against him. Like i said he isnt perfect but no one is guys. How can the people that are constantly complaining about him not give him any credit for this season? Every single analyst and pundit are calling him a serious coach of the year candidate. The people that dont like him will never like him no matter how good of a job he does with this team and thats sad. Your minds are already made up. Other than Belichek, i doubt any other coach could do a better job than what Tomlin has done this year.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Vox Ferrum

Apr 22, 2019
    Liking Whyte and Cain as well. Not saying superstars, but those depth guys that produce when needed. Unsung players that every team needs.

9. BURGH43STEL

Oct 23, 2011
    I don't care if they beat 12 grandmas. They are winning games. Not every team who has more can make that claim. Winning games builds confidence. Some people had this team dead in the water after the 1st month of the season. Yet here the Steelers sit in the thick of the playoff race.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Steel4Blood

Steel4Blood Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2017
    Ok, but in the past you would of held it against Tomlin for losing to those teams. Now he is beating the teams he should beat, but your now holding it against him?

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Vox Ferrum

Apr 22, 2019
    Well hey then..not only does MT have another non losing season, his .200 winning percentage against losing getting is getting better.

12. BURGH43STEL

Oct 23, 2011
    Whyte is a nice change of pace back. Kind of like Kamara for the Saints. Cain made a few plays for the team. Not sure how much longer either player will be with the team.
    That old BB might be coming back down to Earth now that Brady isn't putting out fires like he did in the past.

13. Jujubean

Aug 12, 2019
    Im not holding it against him I’m simply saying our schedule has been laughably easy

14. TheTerribleOwl

TheTerribleOwl Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2017
    I imagine they will keep them around and bring them to camp next year at the very least. Or they will try to. Both have shown enough to be intriguing.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. We need a change

We need a change Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2017
  16. BURGH43STEL

Oct 23, 2011
    I agree.

17. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    I'll believe in Santa Clause, before i'll believe in Tomlin

• Like Like x 1
  18. Steeler dane

Steeler dane Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2019
    Before you make a comment like that how about checking the stats first, the Steelers have played the 8th toughest schedule in the NFL.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. StillCurtain

StillCurtain Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2018
    Before the horrible fake punt I stewed at the terrible play-calling that took place before it. In all his years as a head coach he has never shown me that you can confidently sew the game up rather it's a couple handoffs from shotgun and a pass to a receiver 3-5 yards short of the first then punt. If being aggressive got you the lead would you surmise that it would help you close the game out as well?

20. Spencer

Spencer Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2016
    Heard on WDVE the fake punt was called as long as the defense was in the allowable formation. Everyone on the offense read that, they should checkout of the fake punt except for Berry, Berry did not make the read. Even with that, it was a stupid, unneeded call. It was a gamble either way and a gamble that wasn't needed.

Tomlin assured me once again, he is not the terrific coach many proclaim he is.

The defense saved the game once again. When a head coach needs practically a number one selection at every defensive position, just how good or bad is the coaching ? Tomlin just showed once again he has no coaching savvy or commonsense. But hey, he's never had a losing season, the Steelers new goal.

• Agree Agree x 1
  21. Jujubean

Aug 12, 2019
    Yes Dane and every good team on the schedule we have lost to. What is your point? Out of our 8 wins the best is vs the 7-5 highly disappointing LA Rams

22. Jujubean

Aug 12, 2019
    8-8 the new Golden Standard

• Like Like x 1
  23. BURGH43STEL

Oct 23, 2011
    Tomlin will never win with some people. Especially the people who can apparently ONLY see the mistakes or negatives.

• Agree Agree x 2
  24. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    Mediocrity For All.

25. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Who are 10 active NFL head coaches with a better body of work? Hell, you may have trouble coming up with 5.

• Like Like x 1