1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Watt on pace to break JH single season Steelers sack record

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by SDOT, Dec 3, 2019.

1. Yes

2. No

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    Watt needs 4 sacks in 4 games.

I need this to happen badly. Slowly but surely scrubbing this traitor from Steelers history.

• Disagree x 4
    • Hilarious x 3
    • Like x 2
    • Agree x 1
    • Winner x 1
  2. SteelinOhio

SteelinOhio

Oct 16, 2011
    I don't like what happened with Harrison, but I got over being mad at him.

Having said that, I think Watt can get the record, and I'd love to see it happen. The more sacks he gets, the better it is for the team.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 1
  3. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Yup ....and right after he returns a INT for a TD 99 yds in the SB to help win #6 , then we won’t ever remember who James Harrison was.....can’t wait....:dancing:

oh yeah....sarcasm off.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2019
    • Like x 3
    • Hilarious x 3
    • Winner x 3
    • Agree x 1
    • Disagree x 1
  4. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Good as done I believe SDOT. I think he will be fighting for 20 by the years end. Bosa who?...lol

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  5. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    I’m pretty sure that starting this thread is inconsistent with your treatment plan.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 6
    • Like Like x 2
  6. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    watt will have around 15 sacks and like 7 FF probably. insane

• Like Like x 2
  7. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    Hope the best for Watt but I have no ill feelings for JH....time to move on!

• Agree Agree x 7
  8. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Repeat after me... D P O Y!

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  9. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    I like his chances. He's a guy who can 2 or 3 in a game sometimes.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. uncblue012

uncblue012 Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2017
    Have you seen the OL's he's going to face coming up? Hell yes, he CAN.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  11. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
  12. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    I think TJ can and will do this. He is a beast that is very hard to block and with a motor that is constantly running. Stay healthy TJ. .

• Like Like x 2
  13. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    Well without his play in Super Bowl 43 their is no 6th Lombardi. He will ever be etched in Steelers History.

• Agree Agree x 7
  14. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    Here's the issue friends. A line and precedent needs to be set. You tired of AB's and Bells? Ward and Polamalu's need to be praised not Harrisons. There's no incentive for players to do what Ward and Polamlau did if we forgive and welcome Harrison back with open arms.

Thanks for everything you did JH but buh bye! Like I said at the time, players need to look at the big picture. You retire an all time Steelers great, get a coaching gig with us, autograph signings, Steelers Nation Unite, etc. But no, he wanted to throw all that away and throw a hissy fit over 4 games. He tried to end us and help the Pats tie us in Super Bowls. I'm not going to reward him because his plan failed. A lot of you would feel differently if the Pats won that Super Bowl as well. Harrison needs to be made an example out of. So future players will think twice about doing what he did. We might have issues with Ben here soon.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. The Glory Days

The Glory Days Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2017
    It bodes well for him that our offense might be taken off life support. If we put up some points, opposing offenses might actually HAVE to throw the ball. Hard to get sacks when they are salting away a game on the ground.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. The Glory Days

Oct 8, 2017
    Wait. What?

No one is welcoming him back with open arms, just acknowledging that he was an integral part of the history of our franchise. And what does not trashing him have to do with the play or legacy of other players? JH and his legacy are not the benchmarks that other players incentivize their performance on.

You can hate him. That's fine. But it's also fine for others to accept what he did for this team and that he got as much crap from the team as some think he gave.

I hate that he went to the Pats, but if he wasn't getting splinters on our bench while we couldn't generate a pass rush he wouldn't have needed to.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 3
  17. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    Maybe we should boycott!

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. OX1947

OX1947 Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2017
    Terrible post. James Harrison is a stud and always will be and best of all, a Steeler. He will be in the hall of fame soon so better get ready.

• Like Like x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  19. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    He better get them before Raven game. Should the Ravens need to win that game they have a very slippery QB as we well know.

Sure want to hear his name a lot and be nice if Bush bake beans can take it up a notch. If we are to win 3 of last 4 it's pretty much going to be up to the D. Nothing against Duck but can't see him having a big day in any of the games.

20. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    So hypothetically . If. Ben loses his starting job ,turns around demands a trade,Cincinnati makes the best offer he leads them to a SB and loses,Ben is a traitor, shouldn’t ever be welcomed back and should be forgotten in Steeler history?

• Winner Winner x 1
  21. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    Arizona would be the best bet for a big game. Really good against the run. Terrible against the pass....

22. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    I have gotten over Harrison...Tomlin wouldn't play him, At all...When obviously he still had something left..What a stupid way to treat a Steeler great!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  23. The Glory Days

Oct 8, 2017
    Good point. Jackson won't be giving up individual sacks. He might be good for one or two shared sacks trying to extend a play...that is, if he plays.

24. Brandon556211

Brandon556211 Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2018
    Cards rank 26th in the league having given up 42 sacks this season. Watt may get a couple this week alone.

• Like Like x 1
  25. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    Doubtful. He's fringe without Steelers backing. Does he go in as a Bungle, Cheatriot, or Steeler? Who knows. I'll be there to boo him. Not apart of my Steelers greats.

Ben isn't this stupid but in this hypothetical, yes.

Yeah, he had 4 games in the tank. Wooooo! He wasn't playing because the rookie who is about to beat his sack record was playing better than expected. You going to welcome AB back too? I think what Harrison did was worse than AB.

• Agree Agree x 1