1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Fitzpatrick’s Potential

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by We need a change, Nov 25, 2019.

1. We need a change

We need a change Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2017
    I think after watching this guy for several weeks, I think he has the potential to be a future legend here. I’m talking like #43, 86, or 36. He seems like a great talent and a level headed guy. I think we got a steal even though it was a first pick.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Plus he's surrounded by luck - I could have sworn he stepped out of bounds 2-3 times on the fumble return yesterday but replay was inconclusive. Steelers certainly can use periodic shots of luck the way things have gone these past 2 years. :drinks:

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    Minkah's projection is what I expected of him; perennial All Pro. His blend of athleticism, ball skills, Football IQ and instincts are second to none. No other Free Safety in the league under the age of 25 comes close.

Nevermind the age factor, there is a very powerful argument to made here. A one in which the Steelers have not had since the man in my avatar the same. For that matter, one in which this defense has SEVERELY lacked since #43 left.

Minkah Fitzpatrick is arguably the best safety in the game. Even accounting for Jamal Adams and Devin McCourtey, Minkah's instincts are on a whole other level in which many of us have not seen in some time. Should he continue this incredible pace, it is not out of the relam of possibility for him to be the greatest safety of his era.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. We need a change

We need a change Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2017

5. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

Trust me my man! Nevermind a steal by Pittsburgh. Miami just got FLEECED!

Grant Delpit from LSU is NOT the second coming of Minkah Fitzpatrick. His overall athleticism is superior than Minkah's but I do not see the playmaking capability I saw from Minkah at Alabama. For that matter, I also do not see the same level of consistency either; tackling ability doubly so and no less.

For that matter, with the draft position we have, Miami cannot obtain an impact player in the secondary like Minkah anyway. Unless Jeffert Okudah, Xaiver Mckinney or Isaiah Simmons does something truly naive or asinine, no other secondary player matters.

6. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016
    @We need a change

Agree 100% with Derwin James. To me, he is the most electrifying player from his draft class overall. Better than SaQuon even. My issue with Derwin has always been his health issues, namley tearing up his ACL in his Sophomore Season.

Minkah never displayed that concern at Alabama; a program known to grind their propsects into dust. Most players from Alabama do not leave there without sustaining some form of injury. The fact that Minkah did not speaks volumes.

• Agree Agree x 1