1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

TOMLIN Coach of the Year

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Jujubean, Nov 24, 2019.

1. Jujubean

Jujubean Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2019
    Hahahahaha

team is such an embarrassment

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    Tomlin misses Ben.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Jujubean

Aug 12, 2019
    It’s funny I was saying once Ben retires we will find out the fraud TOMLIN is. Not that it’s a stretch when you lose a franchise QB the team will be worst but this is a disgrace

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. defva

defva Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    But, what I'm saying is, this guy can't coach. But, you see MR in practice every day. He can't evaluate either?!

5. Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0 Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2019
    well, we did win and are now 6-5 after starting the season 1-4.

do you do everything prematurely?

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  6. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    Tomlin sucks

• Winner Winner x 4
  7. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Good move putting Duck in, but why did they throw towards the ends of the game there and stop the clock...TV announcer said it gave Bengals another 40 seconds of extra time for a potential game winning drive?

• Against The Rules Against The Rules x 1
  8. BURGH43STEL

BURGH43STEL Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    It should be understood why the offense has had such a dramatic drop off. The offense isn't good but the team is finding ways to win games. It's much better to win than lose.

The are right in the thick of the playoff race. I don't expect the team to make much noise if they make the playoffs but that's why they play the games.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. BURGH43STEL

Oct 23, 2011
    They took one shot to end the game there. They had faith in the defense. The Bengals offense was just as bad as ours.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. bleednblackngold

bleednblackngold Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2015
    How is today the day to rip the guy? He handled the qb situation perfectly by giving Rufolph one chance to turn it around in 2nd before making a somewhat bold move to put in Hodges.

I would have ripped him if he didn't make the change, but he did.

I'll be back to ripping him if Mason starts the next game, but he won't

• Agree Agree x 7
  11. BURGH43STEL

Oct 23, 2011
    I don't think it matters much what QB plays. Neither has shown the ability to play well consistently.

Give them 50/50 reps in practice and which ever one practices the best starts.

12. STEELWINDS

STEELWINDS

Sep 12, 2019
    Hey steel machine

I quoted last week that I would fairly evaluate Mason during this game as I have been a big supporter of his up to this point. I have no problem with pulling him today. Given that, minus the one TD Hodges (no knock on him at all) did not do much better. Right now our "O" Red-Zone play is killing us no matter who our QB is. We are still easily leaving way too many points on the field. The score should not have been this close.

On a more consistent, and upbeat note, the "D" is not giving up leads, especially in the 4th QT. I am not sure who would be my starter next week. If we are seriously thinking about contending for the playoffs (which we should be), then I personally start Mason again next week, with a very short leash. I also give Duck plenty of 1st string repetitions this week.

STEELWINDS AKA The East Side Kid

Last edited: Nov 24, 2019
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  13. SteelersFanCanada

SteelersFanCanada Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2019

Exactly.

14. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    We just won the game.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  15. steelpens

steelpens Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2019
    Didn't work out, but I liked the call at the time. At least they were going for the win instead of playing not to lose. With that much time left it really didn't make that much difference in my humble opinion

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Neither QB inspires much confidence right now. The D was a little bend but don’t break today. If not for the Bush hustle and Minkah flipping the field on the return we may be sitting here saying yeah Duck gave us a spark but we still lost. Thankfully the D saved the day like they’ve been doing all year. I guess it’s gotten to the point with all the troubles on O, including the OC ,that we should probably put out there the QB who has less chance of losing the game and not actually the best chance of winning. Disappointed in MR today. I thought he would bounce back. The rest of the season should be interesting for sure....

17. SteelCity_NB

SteelCity_NB Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 23, 2011
    I have been critical of Tomlin all year.

He coached a near flawless game today.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Tomlin is doing a good job it seems. The only problem I have is the better he does with this rag tag group keeps me wondering how we underachieved with so much talent before.

19. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    We did and will give him credit for not stubbornly sticking with MR. I thought for sure he would. But man our FO needs to do a better job with depth at RB at least.

20. Jujubean

Aug 12, 2019
    yeah sweated out a win vs one of the worst teams in NFL history

this offense is horrendous

• Winner Winner x 1
  21. STEELWINDS

STEELWINDS

Sep 12, 2019
    Nice summary thesteeldeal.

I just posted something similar.

Neither is providing earth-shattering performances at this point. However, because we are still "playoff significant", I personally have to go with the more this season experienced QB which is Mason. Given that, he is on a very short leash. Also, Duck needs to get as many 1st string reps. as possible this week.

I just do not want to see an emotional Mason out there next game as the stench from the last meeting is still fresh in Mason's and everyone else's collective minds on this team. The players have to emotionally minimize what transpired last game. They are only human and with Mason out there this may, or may not, cloud someone's judgement into a costly mistake. On the other hand, it may fire up Mason, and others up, to play out of their heads with Mason in there.

STEELWINDS AKA The East Side Kid

22. D0bre Shunka

D0bre Shunka Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2012
    Can Fitz play both offense and D? Like, never come out just keep him out there until the game ends?

23. OX1947

OX1947 Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2017
    Only embarrassment is fans like you that exist.

• Agree Agree x 4
  24. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    We? What position do you play? Left Out?

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  25. dominilate

dominilate Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Easy answer is your D Coordinator is still not the greatest (they do look better with Minkah)

Danny Smith ss a Special Teams coach has been bad for several years (too many untimely penalties)

We NOW also know that Haley wasn't the issue but his relationship with Ben was Toxic. Fichner is terrible as a Coordinator and to be honest with Dobbs, Mase, Duck and Landry I'm wondering whose been evaluating that position.

Ben also is stubborn, forcing balls to AB whom we now also know was a problem child.

Our Offense really thrived with having a tight end which we haven't had since Heath. We gambled on the guy from SanDiego and got burned (forgot his name), Vance has been in an out, Jesse James was never the answer, Grimble etc, etc

• Agree Agree x 1