1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Mason era should be over

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Steelers304, Nov 10, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Mason can still get us in the playoffs, remarkable feat if he does it NYSTEELERFAN.

2. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    This is rich. Complain about being antagonized and called names by antagonizing and calling names. Hey teach, how about a literary English lesson? Today we are going to discuss hypocrisy. Can anyone give me an example of a hypocritical statement? Bueller? Bueller? :hmm:

Let me help you out with your dilemma. All you have to do is simply click the avatar of the greasy mulleted Ben above and select "ignore" if you don't like it. OR, you can keep whining and crying about being taken to task for your BS. Either way, this is entertaining for me.

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    Well if we do it will be because of this defense jmo. Either way I am rooting for playoffs........

4. MeanJoeBlue

MeanJoeBlue Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2013
    Yes, if the Steelers manage to get to the playoffs, it will be due to the defensive improvement. An offense starting a lot of players who were backups and on the practice squad (at the start of the season) is unlikely to have enough firepower to carry the team.

The Bears are proof that having the best defense in the league (last year) can get a team to the playoffs, but sometimes (this year) that still isn't enough. If Rudolph and the wounded offense can limp to the finish line, that still deserves some credit.

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016

The funny thing is I was pointing out the hypocrisy in your attack on me. Apparently making inferences is not a strength of yours.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  6. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    yes sir I am not sure what people are expecting with a back up QB and a bunch of guys that were either 3rd 4th stingers and even practice squad guys. I mean yeah mason had a heck of a stinker but I mean jones and Holton were his receivers. Whatever don’t matter hopefully we turn things around and beat these guys today. A win it the only thing that matters.

7. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    @KnoxVegasSteel and @Formerscribe don’t you guys think enough is enough already. It’s game day guys let’s talk Steelers and if you two want to keep going take it to a PM. Jmo.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    I'm thinking we all are rooting to get in the playoffs. Would be one hell of a feat and although we would not go far in would be another notch in our belt. In SB era we have made playoffs 30 times wouldn't mind making it 31.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    I will agree however the way this defense is playing anything can happen. Defense wins in the playoffs and if we find a running game almost anything can happen......just need a chance.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. STEELWINDS

STEELWINDS

Sep 12, 2019
    Hey NY STEELERFAN.

Yes, I just agreed with Knox on the running game. If Connor is the only one that seems to be able to give us something in this department, then that is "troubling" because of his injury history this season. Also, again with the "Invisible" TEs. We need them. Whatever this coaching staff can do to alleviate some pressure off of Mason. Now as far as Mason, he needs to settle down a bit and become more accurate. No more "leading" his receivers. His intermediate passes are missing from his arsenal. It is imperative that he rectifies this.

STEELWINDS AKA The East Side Kid

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    I am on the Snell bandwagon so I am hoping to see him have a big game today.......

12. SocalSteeler

SocalSteeler Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2017
    Does Rudolph's arm get hit on every throw he tries to make? He never makes a decision quick enough to make a clean throw. DUCK DUCK DUCK!!!!!

13. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    2 fumbles for DJ, my mistake. I was thinking of interceptions, both JW and JuJu have had plays that led to 3 int a piece and each have a fumble and 3 drops and DJ has 2 drops no plays that led to interceptions. It's an apples to oranges comparison anyway, they'd have to be a lot worse than that before you'd consider benching them.

I will not stop with the open receivers, its his job to find them.

Rudolph sucked out loud in the Rams game too and has been below the line in just about every other game.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  14. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    PSA: Scribe and I have put our differences aside, lets everyone else do the same and bring this thread back to football only.

Thanks guys :good:

• Like Like x 2
    • Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  15. steel machine

Sep 21, 2017
    The way Mason is going this thread will live on.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Jujubean

Jujubean Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2019
    Put Duck in enough is enough this kid is trash

17. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Well Football wise if we have any desire to try and win Football games this season they should sign Kapernick..They should try and get him here for the 2nd. half if they can..

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  18. SocalSteeler

Jan 23, 2017
    Never seen an NFL QB miss passes so bad. Ok please, try Duck or Snell at QB. This is straight up disgusting!!!

19. SocalSteeler

Jan 23, 2017
    Thanks you Jesus. Duck!!!!

20. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
  21. BigBensBigBong

BigBensBigBong Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2014
    Mason era COULD be over after recent play.

22. steel machine

Sep 21, 2017
    I have no idea what will happen and I'm sure Tomlin will keep it close to his chest but I'm thinking Mason starts next week?????

23. Bgunn

Bgunn Well-Known Member

Nov 6, 2011
    Tomlin will probably do something dumb like start MR but everyone on the the CBS post show said that Duck has to start.

24. SteelCity_NB

SteelCity_NB Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 23, 2011
    As the President of the Mason Rudolph fan club, Rudolph HAD to be pulled when he was. Great decision by Tomlin. That 3rd down throw was inexcusable.

Rudolph just has not looked the same since the concussion in the Ravens game. Then add everything that happened in the Browns game, I think it's time for him to stand, watch and learn.

Rudolph is not making great decisions and his throws look weak and inaccurate. He is also not moving around in the pocket like he should be and absolutely looks skiddish.

I'll roll with Duck for the rest of 2019. Rudolph needs to prep and be ready if called upon. Duck is playing with house money and needs a full week of prep to go up against the Browns.

Ben in 2020.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  25. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Agree with everything you wrote. Except he wasn't exactly staking his claim to MVP before the concussion either. At his best, he has been average. At his worst, well, getting benched for a 4th string undrafted rookie.

• Agree Agree x 4
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.