1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Minkah's speed at deep safety

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by nor, Nov 23, 2019.

1. nor

nor Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2016
    I saw some stats recently that showed how Minkah has greatly reduced the deep pass completions against the Steelers. His speed is excellent. These pictures show the price a team plays for a slow deep safety. Here we exploit Carolina S Eric Reed:

Picture 1: James Washington runs a curl route. JuJu runs an out-and-up down the sideline.

Picture 2: CB bites on the curl route. JuJu gets behind him.

Picture 3: S Eric Reed is just too slow at this point in his career to get over in time to cover the top of JuJu's route.

Picture 4: JuJu outraces him to the endzone

Gotta luv Minkah

slow1.jpg slow2.1.jpg slow3.jpg slow4.1.jpg

2. The Glory Days

The Glory Days Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2017
    Hot Rod version 2.0

Exciting

Just hope we can get our offense on track and don't waste Minkah's prime years suffering through the offensive dark ages. With a little luck and health and another piece or two, our defense can be special for a few years. Unfortunately, our offense might need a few years to fix. Way too many question marks to feel good about it now or in the immediate future.

3. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    I bitched about losing a first round pick but now I've changed my tune. In a perfect world we get a decent Ben back with our improved defense and make one more run at it with Ben under center.

• Like Like x 2
    • Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  4. KMM

KMM Well-Known Member

Sep 17, 2018
    I wasn't sold on the trade when it happened and that really hasn't changed for me. Not because of Minkah obviously, because he's been great. For me it is and always has been about the QB position. I'm of the camp that if you don't have that settled (which the Steelers didn't at the time of the trade and still don't since no one really knows how good Ben will be next year) you have little to no shot at a championship. In that case I'm just philosphically against using assets for anything but a top QB.

5. STEELWINDS

STEELWINDS

Sep 12, 2019
    Hey steel machine.

Yes, I think some here were skeptical about giving up that 1st for Minkah. I also think his performances up to this point have changed some of those minds. I also think in part that because Minkah's position was one of need, and given this administration's abysmal track record of drafting secondary personnel, this worked out well for us.

STEELWINDS AKA The East Side Kid

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    Reid is better at kneeling than running...Unless you're talking about his mouth :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::hehehe:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  7. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    I always liked the Minkah trade. I don't see any franchise QBs in next year's draft.

8. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    This. I'm all for building a good OL first, but otherwise, QB is a priority over everything. The only thing adding Minkah does is make us better, but still nowhere near good enough to win it all. I just don't see Ben as being good enough anymore to get us all the way either, especially with crappy RB's and mediocre WR's. We need a QB. Even if Ben isn't done, how many more years will he play? We need a QB for the future

The goal should be to either win it all or lose as many games as possible. With the Minkah trade, we're going to be caught in the middle, which is the worst possible scenario for teams without a franchise QB. Not good enough to win but not bad enough to get a high pick.

• Agree Agree x 1