1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Tua badly injured

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by Blast Furnace, Nov 16, 2019.

1. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Bad news, hearing this could be the Bo Jackson injury. This really sucks for this kid.

2. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    Ugh... hate to see that happen to such a talented man like Tua. A very promising QB at that. Southpaw QBs like him do not come very often.

Shakes up my Big Board in a big way too. This stinks. What is worse is that he LITERALLY has no financial backing either. I do wish him all the best and godspeed to him! :herewego:

Thoughts @SteelCity_NB ?!

Last edited: Nov 19, 2019
  3. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
  4. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016
    Will he be the same player though?! That is the question that needs to be asked. Personally, I am happy that the procedure went well.

At the same time though, just re-learning how to operate your hip could be tough. Doing that for the opportunity of playing a collision based sport in which that same injury could happen again?! Still a steep hill to climb.

Nevermind the hip though which again, is good news. How are NFL Teams going to view this?! This is his third surgery in two seasons. That is a major red flag.

• Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  5. SteelCity_NB

SteelCity_NB Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 23, 2011
    He would be best advised to go back to Bama next year. He would be up against Lawrence but he is definitely going to slide this year and lose out on money.

But as banged up as he has been this year maybe it makes sense just to get what money he can.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    I wasn't sold on him as #1 pick, before this injury.

7. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

Nor was I. Still stinks he got injured though. I wish him all the best!

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
  9. Jball

Jball Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2012
    Any chance he would fall out of the 1st? I would think that somebody would trade up to grab him by the end of the round.

10. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

Very doubtful at present. Something SERIOUSLY bad during the recovery has to happen in order for him to freefall like that. At that point, avoid him at all costs.