1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

The Helmet hit.

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by 86WardsWay, Nov 14, 2019.

1. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    No and for a reason I can live with. Vick paid for his mistake and I figured was square with the house so to speak. The other POS is profiting off of what he was doing and still to this day. The POS may not have done anything illegal but there is a line in the sand with me that he crossed that I won't tolerate and that is my right. Also, what Vick did may be far worse to you but I don't see one wrong being any better or worse than the other. But thats just me. Quite frankly this subject disgusts me and I prefer that it just go away including any further correspondence on my part. Politics and sports should never mix. .

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    Thats great and everything about what he is entitled to but how may employers would keep an employee around who pissed off millions of their customers? Does the employers have rights too? As an employee of the team your employer expects each to represent the team in the way THEY want. If he want to make a statement he can call a freaking press conference on his own time so I don't have to be pissed off. People in the stands acting like fools are the customers and will have to deal with other customers who may not agree.

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011
    a petulent child or a very angry and disturbed grown a ss man

4. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    And yet you keep responding :shrug:

5. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Kaepernick exercised his right to peaceful protest, which was in line with the traditions upon which this country was built. I don't like how he did it, but I will never understand the overreactions.

Vick tortured and killed innocent animals for his own amusement, then tried to explain it away by saying it was how he was raised. The lack of empathy and decency involved in such acts speaks to a complete lack of character, and it was far from the only issue during Vick's career. I see people asserting that Kaepernick was a bad guy even before he took a knee, but I see zero evidence of that. Vick, at best, was a lazy player who often wasted his talent by being the last guy to arrive at the facility and the first to leave. He admitted as much himself.

I will never understand how anybody can see Vick as anything but despicable.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Vick is a piece of garbage. As for Kaepernick, for me personally I don't like what he did.
    I'm not so sure his rights extend to the workplace when it comes to protests? I'm not really sure how that works though. I don't want him merely for the distractions it would cause.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. fanforlife

fanforlife

Sep 5, 2012
    Vick can't ever pay for the mistakes he made so he can never be square. Some things you just can't right. I hope he suffers and dies a slow painful death and soon. That is just me and the way I feel.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  8. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    Very true! Where ever he ends up, his big-mouthed girlfriend will follow!

• Like Like x 1
  9. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    Living in the Northeast Ohio area the discussions I have had with friends is beyond incredible!

Everyone in the Cleveland area is up in arms because MR didn't get suspended, they say he initiated everything! I watched the incident on you tube with a couple friends and they simply cannot see Garrett wrestling MR to the ground 3 seconds after the ball was thrown! Amazing!

10. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    I also find it funny how they justify MG ripping MRs helmet off because they claim MR was trying to take his off. I didn’t see it as MR trying to take his helmet off. I saw it as MR grabbing at the only thing he could to get MG off of him. His helmet was up around his neck and head area. What is he gonna reach for? They’re only trying to justify it by saying MR tried to do the same. I say BS...