1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Garrett Suspended Indefinitely

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by TerribleTowelFlying, Nov 15, 2019.

1. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    :applaud:

• Like Like x 2
  2. FeedTheMachineFTM

FeedTheMachineFTM Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2012
    So he'll have to apply for reinstatement ,could be suspended into next year also ,right ?

3. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    yes But Browns are the new darling of the NFL so it wont last that long imo

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. pjgruden

pjgruden

Oct 16, 2011
    Why fine the organizations? That seems excessive.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. blackandgoldpatrol

blackandgoldpatrol Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2011
    There should be fairly large fines and a suspension or 2 for the double helmet to helmet hit on juju as well

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Da_Cranberry

Da_Cranberry Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2018
    Why the hell did we get fined? This is BS on Pouncey getting 3 games. F Roger Goodell

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0 Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2019
    Source: Thursday night’s game “was like a bounty game”

Posted by Mike Florio on November 15, 2019

Thursday night’s game ended with an alarming, unprecedented incident, with a player removing another player’s helmet and striking him with it. The full set of circumstances has some in the league wondering whether something more troubling was going on.

A high-level source with another team, who spoke on condition of anonymity given the sensitivity of the subject and league rules that prohibit the public criticism of other teams, had this to say about the situation: “If the league is serious, they should fine Browns $5 million and fine [coach Freddie Kitchens] $500,000. That was like a bounty game. There were so many unnecessary flagrant hits, and then the cherry on top.”

While Myles Garrett‘s misbehavior will receive most of the attention, other illegal hits happened. Defensive back Damarious Randall applied an illegal hit to Steelers receiver Diontae Johnson, resulting in an ejection — and images of Johnson having blood running from his ear. Steelers receiver JuJu Smith-Schuster also suffered a concussion during the game, courtesy of a pair of helmet-to-helmet hits at a time when he was in a defenseless posture. (No flag was thrown.)

The Browns have played an undisciplined brand of football all year long. During training camp, the Browns engaged in joint practice with the Colts. Cleveland coach Freddie Kitchens said after a session that featured multiple fights that “we’re not going to back down to anybody.” Kitchens grew angry at having those words read back to him after Thursday night’s game, insisting that he doesn’t coach penalties.

Maybe he doesn’t coach penalties, but it would be interesting to know what the coaching staff did to get Cleveland’s players sufficiently cranked up for Thursday night’s game to result in an ejection for an illegal hit, another illegal hit that wasn’t called, and ultimately the Myles Garrett incident. While Kitchens surely never told Garrett or anyone else to remove a player’s helmet and hit him with it, it’s Kitchens’ team. He lays down the law. He says what is and isn’t acceptable. And whatever messages he and his staff communicated prior to Thursday night’s game helped set the stage for what unfolded.

Consider this, from Jeremy Fowler of ESPN: “Myles Garrett completely lost it, connected the helmet square on Mason Rudolph’s head. And the Browns were celebrating the whole thing from the sideline.” (Emphasis added.)

“The burden starts with the coach/G.M. and culture,” our source said. “The players are the students. If the players don’t learn, you need to question the teaching.”

Kitchens has admitted that he’s still learning on the job. Apparently, he hasn’t learned how to strike the right balance between getting his players sufficiently motivated for a big game against a division rival and ensuring that they don’t cross the line. The best evidence for that conclusion is that Garrett and others crossed the line.

Thus, as the NFL decides what to do about Garrett, the NFL also should consider whether it needs to investigate methods utilized by Kitchens to get his team ready to play. Although Garrett ultimately is responsible for his own actions, Kitchens is also responsible for the things his players do.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/11/15/source-thursday-nights-game-was-like-a-bounty-game/

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. SteelersForLife8810

SteelersForLife8810 Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2019
    Steelers should not be fined due to the Browns engaging in another head hunting scandal -.-

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

This is if the NFL considers his reinstatement at all. I do forsee him returning at some point. How long will that have to be remains to be seen.

However, one thing is working against Garrett big time. A big one at that. He used a weapon against another player. That is unprecedented in terms of not just stupidity but also a lack of self control.

The NFL already sent a message to Vontaze Burfict. I doubt they will turn an eye to something like this. Add the fact that Myles is a repeat offender of Personal Fouls and the arguments against him make his appeal even more difficult to overturn.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    Myles is not out of the woods yet. Mason's Agent is not ruling out any form of legal action. As I said in anothet post, things are heating up!

• Like Like x 2
  11. Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0 Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2019
    Myles Garrett: I made a mistake; I lost my cool

Posted by Charean Williams on November 15, 2019

Myles Garrett did not seem immediately to grasp exactly how bad his actions were Thursday night.

No one was talking about the Browns’ victory but about the team’s star defensive player swinging Mason Rudolph‘s helmet at the quarterback’s head.

“A win’s a win. I don’t think it’s overshadowed by what happened in eight seconds,” Garrett told reporters in the locker room.

Garrett refused to talk about what set him off. Replays showed that Rudolph tried to rip off Garrett’s helmet before trying to kick him.

Nothing Rudolph did or said, though, would have excused Garrett’s reaction.

Officials ejected Garrett; the NFL will suspend him, perhaps for the rest of the season; and his reputation is forever gone.

Garrett will wear a scarlet letter as a dirty player the rest of his career.

The former No. 1 overall pick didn’t seem to understand the severity of his actions.

“I made a mistake; I lost my cool,” Garrett said. “It’s going to come back to hurt our team. The guys who jumped in the scrum, I appreciate my teammates having my back, but it shouldn’t have gotten that far. That’s on me.”

Garrett said “no clue” when asked how long he expected to be suspended. Here’s a guess: Longer than he expects.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/11/15/myles-garrett-i-made-a-mistake-i-lost-my-cool/

• Winner Winner x 1
  12. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Even when the Brown win, they lose :lolol:. Their best player gets ejected with 8 seconds remaining :clowns:

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Garrett and Burfict should never be allowed to play another down. Both are psychopaths.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. SteelerJJ

SteelerJJ Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    • Like Like x 1
  15. SteelersForLife8810

Oct 24, 2019
  16. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    They don't appear to be...

17. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Neither side can claim to be completely innocent

18. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Have no idea why you would think that. The media hyped them up in the off season, but that doesn't make them darlings of the NFL.

In fact, any talk of the NFL favouring any team is ridiculous.

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012

Should have made myself more clear i meant the NFL media

20. SteelersForLife8810

Oct 24, 2019
    *Well, the NFL favors the Patriots. But after that, there's no way they favor anyone

• Agree Agree x 2
  21. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Garret is a tremendous athlete, but an idiot. Browns are the new Bengals.

• Agree Agree x 2
  22. SteelersForLife8810

Oct 24, 2019
  23. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    You're probably too young to remember, but a rule has been on the books regarding this exact situation since the early 80's.
    Google 'Lyle Alzado helmet rule' for more info.

• Informative Informative x 1
  24. SteelersForLife8810

Oct 24, 2019
    Yeah but weren't those like leather helmets back then xD

• Like Like x 2
  25. BigBensBigBong

BigBensBigBong Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2014
    I only found out a few minutes ago about the brawl because I turned off the TV and refused to check on the final score.

All I have to say is WOW. First impression is anyone who uses a helmet as a weapon, especially on an exposed players head, must be made an example of. Garret must be banned for life from the NFL. Anything less is inexcusable and a tragedy. I`m sure he is done.