1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Kaepernick

Discussion in 'General NFL Talk' started by VTSteelerfan, Nov 15, 2019.

1. VTSteelerfan

VTSteelerfan Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2016
    Who are the teams going to see this guy? we are not one, are we?

2. tyler christopher

tyler christopher Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2016
    We should tell him to cancel the workout and send a plane for him.... He got the job..........

• Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  3. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    Type Kae into any search engine, it'll auto-fill the rest. The info you seek is at your fingertips.

4. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    I can imagine Steelers fans deleting their accounts if he signed.

I’m on the side of whatever helps this team. I get it he kneeled for his reasons, I don’t have to like the guy

5. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    "He" only kneeled because "he" got reamed by on-field military personnel who informed "him" how disrespectful "he" was sitting there on "his" butt cheeks during the National Anthem. The kneeling was not "his" idea" but the cops are pigs socks he wore were.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. bigbenhotness

Nov 1, 2014
    yeah i hate this crap. assumption that all police are bad

7. SteelersFanCanada

SteelersFanCanada Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2019
    Our QB room currently consists of Mason Rudolph, Duck, Paxton Lynch, and an injured homeless guy impersonating Big Ben.

Anyone QB with reasonable experience, ability and talent would be an upgrade.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  8. Jammasterc

Jammasterc Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    This Oline and playcalling wouldn’t keep Rodgers alive.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. YinzerBuckeye

YinzerBuckeye Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2015
    We had Michael Vick start for us.

If Kaepernick can help, I say sign him.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  10. 4124life

4124life Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2018
    How is kaep gonna help ? Lol he was garbage when he played years ago.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  11. SteelersFanCanada

SteelersFanCanada Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2019
    I agree and it goes both ways.

Protesting Police brutality doesn’t mean someone is protesting against all Police.

Just like a single Police Officer’s actions shouldn’t reflect on all Police Officer’s.

There are terrible people in all professions. Whether it’s doctors, teachers, lawyers, politicians etc.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0 Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2019
    can he play center?

13. Brandon556211

Brandon556211 Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2018
    I did four years active duty in the Marine Corps. I deployed two times. I don’t say this to brag or anything as many have done a lot more; however, I don’t care at all about his political BS.

Even not playing for years he couldn’t possibly be any worse than what we have atm.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  14. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    I read where the Steelers are not interisted yesterday..Idont know if that feeling has changed... But im not for bringing him in, he would not be much up ......We dont need anymore distractions

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. pjgruden

pjgruden

Oct 16, 2011
    A QB that might be a predator? Sure
    A QB that killed dogs? No Problem
    A QB that tried to spark a national conversation about police brutality? Burn him at the stake

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    I disagree about him not being worse than what we have unless this went over my head with sarcasm. He has not played for football reasons, he sucks.

17. bigbenhotness

Nov 1, 2014
    ok I just want to say I screwed the pooch earlier by going against the rules so I think we should all deviate away from the political side of Kap and focus on the ability side.

Is he any good? who knows but he was decent in 2012-13, made plays with his legs. He declined 2014-2015 and did pretty good the last season he played.

2016: 16 td 4int 90 rating in 12 games. 468 yards rushing as well. given we have no talent on offense he may be able to do something with his legs if no one is open. He showed his last season he can take care of the ball and play conservative.

It's a big gamble but highly unlikely we sign him

18. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Well, after yesterdays game, I'm not as confident that they won't bring him in now.

The line is struggling and a mobile QB would help alleviate some of that.

Lot will depend on his workout, guy hasn't played football in a long time and not really sure what he had to offer when he was at the top of his game. Seems during his second season or maybe it was after the SB but at some point, teams figured him out, he wasn't playing all that good anymore.

Not sure the Steelers will want the circus that will come with signing him after they just cleaned up the team.

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Also if people educate themselves, they would find that Kapernick has donated over 1 million dollars
    to various organizations that he feels injustice has occurred.He has walked the walk.
    Put his money where his mouth was.

20. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    Even without the baggage, he has not started an NFL game in 3 years and is 32. he may have kept himself in tremendous shape, but there is good shape and playing shape. Getting to NFL shape is going to take time. hell even after QB is off for a couple of weeks it usually takes a game to get back up to speed. There are 6 weeks left in this season, we do not have the cap money, the time to invest in his getting NFL ready, or the team scheme to fit his style of play.

21. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    NFL covering their backs from collusion lawsuits. Kaeperdick needs to move on he can't help anyone at his age with no arm to begin with.

22. bleednblackngold

bleednblackngold Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2015
    I was ready to say I'd look past the controversy and give him a chance, but today's stunt with switching the location at the last minute says to me that he's full of ****. He doesn't actually want to play, he just wants attention. Or maybe he's trying to build a case for a lawsuit against the NFL.

I hope someone calls his bluff, and offers a contract. My guess is the contract terms won't be good enough for him. I think this social justice warrior is a fraud.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  23. Vox Ferrum

Apr 22, 2019
    I was with you until I read this article. The whole workout plan was very weird to begin with. Even if held on a Tuesday (usually done), what Coach or GM would have time to attend (especially those in the hunt for the playoffs). That said this article explains why Colin moved the workout..and if true I do not blame him.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nf...in-legal-checkmate/ar-BBWROS8?ocid=spartanntp

24. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    There's an expression "Beggars can't be choosy". Going from supposedly 22 teams prepared to scout you vs five watching is right in line with all the other nonsense he's pulled. What makes him think he gets to call all or any of the shots? What doesn't he understand about 3 years of being unemployed? Nobody wants you and your baggage! He should be glad that Nike signed him to that big deal and maybe start a GoFundMe campaign to run for Mayor of Frisco. That town deserves him. :facepalm:

• Like Like x 1
  25. Vox Ferrum

Apr 22, 2019
    Read the article I posted. You are correct to a point. The NFL set this up unlike any other try out in the past, they can do what they want. If this was set up on a Tuesday (the regular day), it would still be a stretch to think Head Coach's, OC's. and GM would be able to attend midseason (especially the teams in the hunt for a playoff spot). The thing that is not normal is closing out the media and then handing him a bunch of documents to sign before he can work out. The medical waivers may be status quo, but the other supposed documents were directly related to his previous lawsuit.

I do not have a problem with any of that actually, but would you as an individual just start signing your rights away without adequate time to consult with your lawyer? This whole thing was set up on a whim, I suspect (just a guess) someone in the NFL offices reviewed the details of the settlement from the lawsuit and realized they had not buttoned this thing up. Hastily put together this workout, then wanted him to sign that he was satisfied that this fulfilled the NFL's obligation. In a sense it was a sham effort and very well may have left the door open to cost them more in the long run. At the very least why did they not get those documents to his team for review? I agree they can set the work out any way they want, but if what stated in that article is true, the NFL bungled this big time.