1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

The Helmet hit.

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by 86WardsWay, Nov 14, 2019.

1. Junebug

Junebug Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2018
    Well, his punches are like his passes!! LOL

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    Mason threw a punch, but it was intercepted.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Yinz ain’t not right ;)

4. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Assault and battery. Dude needs to do time for. That is some straight up criminal BS.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. FeedTheMachineFTM

FeedTheMachineFTM Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2012
  6. FeedTheMachineFTM

Jan 1, 2012
    I agree , this is something completely out of the confines of the game/field

helmet to helmet hits , even when done on purpose is still in the confines of a football game

What we saw last night was a straight up attack with a weapon with intent to split his head open

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    Yep, mason is going to get some punishment out of this as well, understanding his mood after throwing 4 picks, he needs to control his temper better than he did.....

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. pjgruden

pjgruden

Oct 16, 2011
    Are we sure Fichtner wasn't involved in this melee too? Maybe he can get a multi-game suspension. Please?

• Like Like x 2
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  9. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    Dont know if this has been mentioned b4, but Miles would have hit MR a second time with the helmet if Pouncy didnt get in the way..He was swinging his helmet backhanded when Pouncy showed up

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Can't believe some here are blaming Mason for any of this.

Guess you all missed the roughing the passer that led to Mason retaliating. Then you sure as hell missed him being dragged along the turf before having his helmet ripped off but yeah, he should have turned the other cheek.

DD should have suplexed that ****er.

• Agree Agree x 9
  11. FeedTheMachineFTM

Jan 1, 2012
    Thats a very good point and is why I said he had full intentions of splitting Masons head open ..Should be dealt with as an assault

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. FeedTheMachineFTM

Jan 1, 2012
  13. 58stillers

58stillers

Nov 14, 2011
    Rewind even more.... 0:08 seconds left and Garrett throws Mason down to the ground well after the ball was thrown.... late hit by Garrett started the altercation. Mason probably said.... dude get TF off me.... Garrett was still on top of Mason when Mason (while laying on his back) started wrestling Garrett's helmet..... Mason was clearly in a vulnerable position so anything he did from that point on was self defense..... including the kick to the nuts. Really no need to be throwing down a QB with 8 seconds left and a 2 TD lead in the game. Nothing done justifies the helmet hit directly to Mason's head.... NOTHING.

• Agree Agree x 4
  14. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    :facepalm:

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  15. Jmos3

Jmos3 Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2017
    I wasn’t blaming Mason for any actions that Myles did. I’m sure the vast majority here would be pissed off if someone was allowed to be thrown down to the field like a rag doll(which if you’re one of the darling QBs of the league that flag hits the turf before you do). I was just trying to look at it through an unbiased lens. I’m just imagining the league is going to be as harsh as possible

16. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    I was thinking the same thing, DeCastro should've body slammed that POS Garrett, his suspension would've been worth it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    It's totally pointless to do if your Garrett. 12 seconds left. 3rd and 29 , a simple dump off pass, and you have to drive the guy into the ground for good measure? Your defense had 4 INT and pressured him all night, what more do you have to prove?
    You beat the Steelers for the 1st time in 5 years. Celebrate. It was beyond stupid to put yourself in that situation.

Now he hurt his team. More than likely 6 games which ends his season or a season ending suspension.

All for a guy who has every tool in the bag to be the NFL Defensive MVP. Just a total stupid move by him.

Then you going to play the most mad steelers team every on the road in two weeks? DUMB

• Like Like x 2
  18. TheTerribleOwl

TheTerribleOwl Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2017
    Pouncey had a really good argument that he was just protecting Rudolph...right up until he tried to kick Garrett in the head.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    That factors into it very little if at all, because like I said years ago and still holds true, this team scares no one.

20. bettissb40

bettissb40 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    You guys are to easy. Pouncey 2 games. Garrett, 100,000 fine and out of the NFL. Think that is to hard. I my opinion I think that is the only way they are going to stop this kind of thing from happening. Same thing with targeting, first offense 100,000 fine, don’t get paid for that game plus 3 games suspension. Second offense 100,000 fine and your out of the NFL. But we have a leader in the NFL that is sleeping with to many of the owners.

21. Steelrules

Steelrules Well-Known Member

May 12, 2013

Nothing wrong with it IMHO. I remembered Richard Seymour punching BB and no one came to his defense. That was pathetic

22. Steelrules

Steelrules Well-Known Member

May 12, 2013
    Looks like AB still has some love for the Steelers.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  23. VA_Black&Gold

VA_Black&Gold Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    I've gone back and watched the whole thing more times now, and while the helmet hit is definitely scary and awful, I am increasingly bothered by the fact that he was dragging MR all up and around by his face mask before that too. That shouldn't be overlooked in this incident for the damage it could have also done to his neck.

24. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    The difference is guys drag each other around by the face mask every game. It usually happens between linemen, but not always. It's part of the game the same way that helmet to helmet is. It's not allowed but it happens. Swinging a damn bowling ball and smashing someone in the head is not even a grey area. It's literally something that doesn't exist, at least until last night.

• Agree Agree x 1
  25. SteelersForLife8810

SteelersForLife8810 Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2019
    Imagine if Pouncey wasn't there between the 2 O.O