1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

The Tomlin Legacy Folks

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by STEELWINDS, Nov 15, 2019.

1. STEELWINDS

STEELWINDS

Sep 12, 2019
    Wow. Hi Everyone.

Before I even begin, I will state for the record that I get all of the "Non-Tomlin" factors that may have contributed to the loss. Still, we have seen this movie play itself out over, and over, and over, and over.... I was hoping but somewhat not totally surprised to the outcome. As I say in situations like this: “Unbelievable but Typical”.

Obviously, I am referring to the same ol’ same ol’: Tomlin losing to “Sub-500 teams”, “Inferior Teams”, “Teams you are suppose to beat”. Whatever you want to call them. I believe the expression: “A Leopard Never Changes Its Spots” perfectly applies here. Same old story folks. Even the Tomlin supporters around here cannot be that blinded by their loyalty to his inadequacies. If motivation is his strong point, he must have left it on the bus like he has done so many times before. This loss, like similar ones are just 100% inexcusable. So, what else is new?

As I say around here….Just DISGUSTING. This is Tomlin’s Legacy folks. All of you who want to continue to support through this, fine. I for one, support him because he is the HC. I do not respect him but will support him. Once he is gone, and that cannot come soon enough, I will not look back in the rear view mirror.

All of the good work that has been put in, especially during this 4-game winning streak and then to lose this one in typical Tomlin “Let-Down” fashion. Just the same old clip being rewound. Just DISGUSTING. STEELWINDS

Last edited: Nov 15, 2019
    • Winner Winner x 5
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  2. TomlinSux

TomlinSux Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2017
    Would we expect anything else from this tool? I mean, the standard is the standard....right?

• Like Like x 1
  3. tyler christopher

tyler christopher Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2016
    I hate tomlin as much as anyone but last night was not on him.... the offensive line did not show up and they were underdogs in that game.... Plus there is the mason rudolph factor......... they were not winning thAT GAME with chuck knoll or Bill belichick coaching

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 3
  4. Jammasterc

Jammasterc Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Browns beating Steelers for first time in 4-5 years is on Tomlin’s resume.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    It absolutely is on him. Everything is on him because it's his team. He picked the OC that is designing and calling plays. It's on the coaching that the Oline suddenly sucks. It's on the coaching that they are calling dog **** plays that don't result in anyone getting open. They are calling plays that allow unblocked guys to be rushing MR. The list goes on and on. Of course this **** show is on Tomlin, because this is the team that he has created. This is his invention.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. STEELWINDS

STEELWINDS

Sep 12, 2019
    Hey tyler Christopher.

Yes, I will admit, as much as I have supported Mason, that this was probably his worse game. It happens to the best of them. Given that, and the urgency that I have been saying about being in "playoff mode" from here on out, should have superseded our shortcomings. We needed to find a way to win that game and we did not. Like I stated in the original post, a lot of bad things happened to us last night. I get it. I really do. However, this is where you have to dig even deeper to find a way. Find the gut-checking fortitude that the great one's do when fighting through adversity. They did not do this. Give them a Knute Rockne speech, something. This is what separates the great leaders from the average ones. STEELWINDS

Football is a game played with arms, legs and shoulders but mostly from the neck up. Knute Rockne

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    Browns couldn't beat anybody in the last 4-5 years.

8. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    This same browns team beat the top ranked ravens just saying. We also played them at home on a Thursday.

not saying it’s an excuse but you guys act like we lost to a high school team.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Smitch89

Smitch89 Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2018
    The browns are better and more talented then the Steelers regardless of records.. Now if and when they lose to either the cardinals or jets then we can have this talk like we do every year

• Like Like x 1
  10. SteelerJJ

SteelerJJ Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Back-up QB, no starting RB, no starting WR's, no FB. A coach can only overcome so much.

• Agree Agree x 3
  11. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    The fact that Tomlin has this squad at 5-5 in remarkable.
    Love him or hate him, Tomlin has done a good job with this group.
    The talent drop off in offense this season from last is tremendous.

Defense is a good group. Too bad Dupree and Hargrave might not return next year.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Hi Steelwinds
    Nice original post zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

• Like Like x 1
  13. bettissb40

bettissb40 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Not a Tomlin fan but this team played like the Browns played 4-5 years ago and that is why we beat them back them. Tonight we got beat because nobody showed up. Can’t lay all of this on the coaching staff. We will meet them again and I hope we due our homework.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    Steelers beating Browns for the last 4-5 years is there too! Can't have one without the other.
    That said, play calling last night was...………..awful!

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. SteelerfnVA

SteelerfnVA Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2011
    This is what his teams are. They have been the same since all of the 08 vets left, they cant keep it together. Its like they relax once they think they have righted the ship. It is what it is until hes let go, it will not change because its been the same for 10+ yrs.

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. STEELWINDS

STEELWINDS

Sep 12, 2019
    Hey bigbenhotness.

Not saying that at all. I know you understand my point about the Same ol'. It has happened way too many times. Are the Browns better than in the past? Looks like it. However, knowing what was at stake here (and still is hopefully) we needed to find a way to win. We were down 14-7. Then we call a bomb on 3rd and 1 in the 4th and fail there and on next down. Bruce Arians flashback anyone? We had to play smarter than that. We did not. Keep the drive alive. We have all talked about this 100 times before.

Okay so we try converting a high risk-high reward play knowing we could try again on 4th, and flop there also. Not very smart! We needed to keep the drive alive. Totally on the coaching staff. Once again, not smart "situational football".
    Hey troybellringer55.

Yes, our talent pool has diminished. I talked about this yesterday. Especially on "O" it seems to have happened overnight with the exodus of B, B, and B in the time frame of about one year. Those are tangibles however and yes they are real. However, we are beating teams that on paper are supposedly better than us. We needed that game last night and every one from here on in to stay "significant" as I say. I have also been stating we should be in Playoff Mode....NOW! STEELWINDS.

Yes, "I" was expecting a Steeler win yesterday. Maybe not an easy one but a win. If we are going to remains significant the we have to beat the Browns of the league. STEELWINDS

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. TheTerribleOwl

TheTerribleOwl Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2017
    Tomlin needs to start blocking, running, passing, and receiving better.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  18. STEELWINDS

STEELWINDS

Sep 12, 2019
    Hey SteelfnVa.

You are right. Did we become complacent last night because of our success with the Browns over the years and our current 4-game win streak?
    Hey tyler.

Well I would not go as far as saying I hate Tomlin. I do hate some of the things tht he does. As I have also statedmany times it is difficult to "Lead". Not an easy task.
    Possibly. That is why you never let you're guard down as the saying goes. STEELWINDS
    I know, I know Owl.

Yes, yes the players execute. I get it. However, the coaches have to put them in ideal situations to run the play. For example, in the beginning of the 4th quarter, when we were in a 3rd and one I believe and we air out a 40 yard bomb. I understand the mentality that we would have 4th down if it failed which it did. Unfortunately, we failed on 4th as well.

Not good situational football as the term goes. Points were not there for the taking last night. Better Choice: grind out a first down and keep the drive alive. If we knew we were going to go for it on 4th then run two running plays. Low risk, much higher percentage of success. I get that we were trying to catch them off guard ala Bruce Arians.. Yet once again, points were tough to get and the TD that we did get was in big part thanks to four Brown penalties I believe. STEELWINDS

19. STEELWINDS

STEELWINDS

Sep 12, 2019
    Hey Tyler.

I really though that we were going to win. Not an easy one but a win. We just seemed to have reverted back to some old bad habits. Maybe in part it was due to our 4-game winning streak and a false sense of confidence combined with the idea that the opponent was the Browns? STEELWINDS

20. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Let's not forget.................."Baseball is 90% mental and the other half is physical!" Yogi Berra ;)

21. Mike T

Mike T Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2018
    actually they would have won that game with another coach. As I stated in another thread, another coach would have not let dobbs go to keep Rudolph (or kept both), another coach would not have Holton on the roster (this guy has 11 receptions since 2016)!! Another coach would have addressed the running back depth sooner (when knowing that your lead back is injury prone). Another coach would have learned how to stop starting out so flat constantly and always playing down to the competition. Another coach would realize your offensive coordinator is terrible, another coach would have figured out within the last decade how to gain one yard when needed. Should I go on cause I can keep them coming.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  22. STEELWINDS

STEELWINDS

Sep 12, 2019
    Hey shaner82.

Yes, the administrator (Tomlin) must sign off on everything. If the Tomlin lovers here want to shower him with hugs and kisses for his "successes" then also be fair and criticize when and where appropriate for his "failures" as well. Just saying. STEELWINDS

• Agree Agree x 2
  23. Jujubean

Jujubean Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2019
    5-11 and TOMLIN fired only salvage

• Agree Agree x 1
  24. STEELWINDS

STEELWINDS

Sep 12, 2019
    Hey MojaveDesertPghFan

Funny! STEELWINDS

25. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    People are overreacting. I've seen Steelers teams much worse than this. Does anybody remember 1999 or 2003?

• Agree Agree x 3