1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Rudolph playing on the road...

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by steel_ben7, Nov 10, 2019.

1. steel_ben7

steel_ben7 Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2015
    This game Thursday night in Cleveland is gonna be the first road game Rudolph has had to play in since the game in San Francisco 7 weeks ago which is a long time in between road starts. The last 5 games Rudolph has started the Bengals, Ravens, Miami, Indy and the Rams have all been at Heinz Field. He didn’t play in the Chargers game in LA cause of the concussion. So it’s gonna be interesting to see how Rudolph responds and handles playing on the road in a hostile environment with a lot of crowd noise going against him in a huge game against a division rival on prime time.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    Be curious to see who gets Boo'd more.... Baker or Mason?

With our defense my bet would be a Baker.

• Like Like x 1
  3. STEELWINDS

STEELWINDS

Sep 12, 2019
    Hey steel_ben7.

Yes, this will be a test. Hopefully, Mason successfully continues on his path of positive growth. This is no gimme' game. We will again need a stellar "D" performance and Mason to successfully operate within the parameters that the coaching staff is allotting him. With that said, the coaching staff needs to continue to give him wider boundaries in which to operate as he continues to prove that he can handle them more and more each week. The season is past the half-way point. If we are going to remain significant, in big part it includes giving Mason more and more responsibility to that which he can handle. The young man is supposedly a student of the game. Good for him! I like it. STEELWWINDS

4. Brandon556211

Brandon556211 Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2018
    Cleveland is our second home though ;)

5. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Thursday games heavily favor the home team. Need another shutout defense. Yes will be tough

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. STEELWINDS

STEELWINDS

Sep 12, 2019
    Hey bigbenhotness.

I get your point. However, throw away all those type of statistics out the window. We do not have the luxury to stop this train from rolling due to Thursday night game records. We are, and should remain, in playoff mode with each game. Take care. STEELWINDS

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. MadtownDruankard

MadtownDruankard Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2015
    Im making the trip , so doing my part. Hopefully I’ll be cheering for Baker also

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  8. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    Bedlam bowl at Nfl level

9. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Steelers are heavily favored in primetime games. You can show up anytime now Steeler offense, it's go time.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    It would be nice if Conner and Nix could play, Edmunds misses too many holes, I see why he's a practice squad player.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. defva

defva Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    What hostile environment? It's always more steeler fans in the stands then brownies.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    I don't get the impression that things like pocket pressure and crowd noise effect MR.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. steel_ben7

steel_ben7 Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2015
    I feel Mason will handle the pressure well in Cleveland and have a pretty good game. I like the matchup of this Steelers defense going against an erratic Baker Mayfield who has been a turnover machine so far this season. I don’t all of a sudden see that turning around that quickly based on one win against the Bills. I still think the Steelers defense can carry them to victory Thursday night if Rudolph once again can play mistake free football and make the plays when he has too.

14. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Haden or Nelson need to shut down Jarvis Landry. He has been Browns only consistent skill player this season.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. KMM

KMM Well-Known Member

Sep 17, 2018
    The Browns O-line is horrendous. The Steelers D line should be a presence the whole night.

16. TheTerribleOwl

TheTerribleOwl Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2017
    The rest of the offense needs to up their game and help Mason out.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    It will all come down to who starts the game better. The Browns and their fans are firmly convinced, now that they beat the Bills, that they are going to win the Super Bowl.

If we let them get full of themselves early, we will have a tough time stopping them. If we throttle them early, they will beat themselves.

You have to remember that in Cleveland, the fans and media absolutely have to render a decision after each game and there are only two buttons they can push to vote.

A. We are going to win the Super Bowl!

B. We suck! Fire everybody!

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
  18. SteelersFanIrl

SteelersFanIrl Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2019
    I like this matchup for the Steelers. The Browns have issues at both offensive tackle positions, Bud and Watt could do a lot of damage here and I can see the Browns offence struggle to get going.

That said, divisional games can turn the form book on its head so anything can happen. They have some great running backs and Myles Garrett will like his chances of getting to MR as well.

19. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    I'm sure the crowd won't have as many Steeler fans as we had in LA for the Charger game but I would think it could be close to 60% Browns and 40% Steelers.

20. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    Thursday is going to be very hard. Short week. Traveling not far, but traveling.
    Browns seem to play harder against the winning teams. Hard to believe but they did beat Baltimore in Baltimore.

If Steelers win this one it will be huge. It will also put the dagger in the Browns season.

Tomlin has pretty good record in the Thursday games I think.

A win would go a long way, plus it's also like a mini-bye week. Because you have abot 10 days in between games.

21. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    Can AV block Garret, that's the key question in this game......

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  22. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Will Ben make the trip to his away 'home' stadium? That bus ride is exhausting.

23. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

This.

People need to remember the last time Pittsburgh was in Cleveland, Myles Garrett put Alejandro Villanueva on ice skates. That does not bode well at all heading into that matchup. This is not accounting the fact that he had two holding calls against Dante Fowler Jr. on Sunday.

Big Al needs to come up BIG TIME Thursday Night. The good news is Cleveland played a tough Buffalo team as well. Perhaps that evens the odds?!

24. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Use the TEs and or Nix to chip on the outside pass rushers. If they leave AV 1 on 1 there will be some strip sacks in the forecast.

25. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

It is still undetermined as to if Nix is playing though. His chances of playing are still an unknown at present. That said, agree with chipping Garrett.

However, chips or not, Garrett has been shown to be essentially close to impossible to take out of the game. Outside of Denver and Buffalo, Myles has been on a tear. Limiting him is top priority.