1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

6 Seed

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by 69-2now, Nov 10, 2019.

1. 69-2now

69-2now Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2017
    Thank you Miami and the Browns lent us a hand today too. A little closer to Buffalo.

• Like Like x 1
  2. TGH

TGH Well-Known Member

May 8, 2018
    Love this team, we are rolling.

3. Hanratty#5

Hanratty#5 Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2019
    Yes, and the Bills have a murderous schedule in December. At Dallas, at Pittsburgh, the Ravens and at New England.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Brandon556211

Brandon556211 Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2018
    Ouch. They could legit go 0-4 in that stretch.

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    The Steelers need to go 5-2 or better to make the playoffs IMO.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. TGH

TGH Well-Known Member

May 8, 2018
    We are going 7-0. We have not even played our best football and we are still rolling.

• Like Like x 3
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 3
    • Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 3
  7. Hanratty#5

Hanratty#5 Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2019
    I don't think Tomlin is a good coach with clock management, using time outs or challenges. He isn't great at end of game decisions but damn he is doing something right. He has coached a young injury riddled team with practice squad guys playing because there is no one else to put in there and has them winning 4 in a row and currently holding the #6 seed.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    They aren't going 7-0 with this inept offense, and if Rudolph keeps taking a safety like he did the last 2 games.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  9. steel_ben7

steel_ben7 Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2015
    Even if they lose to the Browns on the road this week which I still think is gonna be a very tough game to win with such a short turnaround time I still think they beat the Bengals in Cincy the following week and then the Browns at home the week after. That would put them at 7-5 overall and 6-3 in the conference with 4 games left and in pretty good shape entering December. This teams playoff chances at this point are very very real.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Rel

Rel Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2018
    I think 5-2 and there is no question they make it.

if they go 4-3, they will need help.

The nice thing is that they control their own destiny.

• Agree Agree x 4
  11. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Steelers have a good conference record. They need to keep stacking wins in the division and conference. No choking vs. Bills and Jets.

The 2 losses to NFC West teams does not hurt as bad as AFC losses.

• Agree Agree x 4
  12. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    I need a TV like you have!:smiley1: It must fast forward through our offense!

13. HeinzMustard

Nov 18, 2015
    Ravens are the only scary team left on the schedule. Bills are fading and Jets have improved, but Steelers are a better overall team.

• Agree Agree x 3
  14. SteelerfnVA

SteelerfnVA Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2011
    In all honesty this team should finish 11-5 the only remaining game they "should" lose is to Balt. They get the Browns 2x, Bengals, Cards, Bills and Jets. If the defense can continue to play at this level then 11 wins is not out of the question.

• Agree Agree x 3
  15. The Glory Days

The Glory Days Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2017
    Stop making me think positively about Tomlin. Just stop it. I don't want to give him credit for tying his shoes properly. But dammit if you're not right about him. Jerk. ;)

Don't put that safety on MR. That was all on Tomlin. He made the call to try and get a deep ball to Holton. On our 5. Facing Aaron Donald. Who had been quiet all game. MR had to hold it long enough to get Holton deep. He ate it instead of giving up 7. He did what he was told and made the best decision he could have made under the circumstances.

Tomlin shouldn't have made that call. Now I feel a little better after blaming Tomlin for something. :thumbs_up:

16. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    While I don't think we will make the playoffs I'm very proud of this football team. All we lost with injuries and a terrible start we have fought our way back.

I just hate when people see me in my shirt and say **** like whats the matter with your Steelers having no clue that Ben and others are out with injuries. And these same people follow a football team that have a 5-4 record just like us.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  17. Joshi

Joshi Well-Known Member

Oct 29, 2019
    Tomlin seems much more comfortable trying to win 17-12 than he was trying to win 34-28. It seems clear that when Tomlin can pursue a game plan of running and playing good defense, he is able to truly motivate players beyond their own talent levels. As to the deficiencies you listed, all good points

18. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    Rudolph still needs to have better pocket awareness, he held the ball too long against the Colts and took a safety.

19. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    Obviously I support this sentiment but you haven't looked at your avy in awhile.

20. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Steelers are better than the eagles I said it

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  21. SteelerfnVA

SteelerfnVA Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2011
    I am a Tomlin hater until he proves me wrong, just did a post about it in the Give Mike Credit thread.

22. The Glory Days

The Glory Days Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2017
    Better pocket awareness. I'll accept that. But I seem to remember another qb of ours who held the ball too long trying to make a play. He did that for many years while putting together a hall of fame career. And you sound like taking the safety was a bad thing. It wasn't. He gave up 2 instead of 7.

Let's put the safety play to rest, shall we? Tomlin called the play. It was an attempt to catch the Rams cheating and get a deep ball to Holton. It was a bad call against an Aaron Donald led Rams defense. MR held it, trying to give Holton enough time to get deep. Then he made the decision to give up 2 instead of 7 because he wasn't getting out of the endzone and throwing up a prayer could have been disastrous. That wasn't on him.

• Agree Agree x 1
  23. HeinzMustard

Nov 18, 2015
    We can beat the Eagles as long as the game is at Heinz Field. :facepalm:

I don't think the Steelers have ever won in Philly. Philly and Oakland are Steelers kryptonite.

• Agree Agree x 2
  24. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Oh most definitely lol we play eagles next year but it should be in Heinz. We play Dallas in Dallas I believe which I want to go to. I think it’s giants at New York and skins at Heinz. I think they alternate or something every four years

25. HeinzMustard

Nov 18, 2015
    Steelers vs. Cowboys should be EPIC next year. Prescott turned out to be a good QB. Can't believe they lost to the Vikings the way they did... running Zeke instead of letting Prescott air it out. My brother has to be pissed.... Cowboys fan.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1