1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

We should give Mike some love

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by We need a change, Nov 10, 2019.

1. We need a change

We need a change Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2017
    I think it’s time to say coach is doing a pretty good job with what he has been given. I’ve been as critical as anyone this year about him but the fact is he’s pulled us up to a winning record and has lost to NE, SF, Seattle and Lamar. We only got blown out of the first game. given that he’s been without his HOF QB and Conner most of the time, he seems to be keeping the team focused and competitive. The lose of Tuitt is big as well.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. MadtownDruankard

MadtownDruankard Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2015
    Thought you were talking about Hilton.

Im not sure how to give credit to the success or lack there of for this team.

#1 This offense is equally as bad if not worse then what the defense has been the last several years. Was the coach doing a good job then? We are 5-4. Pretty much on par for the same results as in the recent past.

#2 We are a Missed 43 yard fg and questionable fumble tonight from being 3-6 right now. No one would have argued if they called that fumble (that went for a TD) a forward pass. If that was Mason Id probably be furious over that call.

#3 If we need to credit Tomlin for this team not folding because of the lack of talent due to injuries, shouldn’t we then be equally disappointed in his coaching the last several seasons given the talent he did have?

Imo - it’s too early to make any real assessment. Yes I give the Tomlin credit for keeping the team from giving up. I give the team credit for turning the defense around. But also give blame for the horrendous offense, and awful WR and special teams play. We are not a legit playoff team right now, this record is a bit of a fraudulent stat imo. This is an 8-8 team at best. I judge coaches on multiple seasons , not 8 or 9 games... not even 1 or 2 seasons. The last 7-8 years say Tomlin is not a good coach. Especially if you use the logic that 5-4 With injuries is credit worthy. Our post season record the last 7 years with a healthy team doesnt lie.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. MadtownDruankard

Aug 31, 2015
    I will add that if we have a healthy Ben this would be the best team we’ve had since 2010. It’s disappointing that we lost Ben the year our defense finally clicked. Imagine if we had an offense that could eat clock and sustain drives . Today would have been a blow out.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  4. Kreighoff

Kreighoff Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2017
    Not a big Tomlin fan but the team has played hard and has not folded the tent.

Maybe all the adversity has brought them together.

We should thank Colbert for making a few key moves to strengthen the TE position and for paying up to get Minka the missing link to this defensive backfield.

Maybe some kudos to Austin and or Bradley for the improved play of the secondary.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    No thanks.o_O

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  6. defva

defva Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    And, all of those games ... we got out coached. If it wasn't for the improvement of the defense. We would still be losing. Butler is officially off of the get rid of list

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  7. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    I already have given Tomlin his due. Doing a good job thus far. That said, he has to continue stacking those wins.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. TGH

TGH Well-Known Member

May 8, 2018
    It's like he's trying to lose but they won't let him. Every game is a circus of ridiculous and schocking developments.

• Like Like x 1
  9. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Oh shut up and enjoy the 4 game winning streak, OP said he was doing a good job this year, not what happened the last few years.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. TomlinSux

TomlinSux Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2017
    Not a Tomlin fan...as if you can’t tell, but it looks like he showed some emotion today and got a little fired up, which I personally like seeing in a HC. I didn’t watch the game, but the highlights I did see showed him with a little bit of let’s say an attitude. Maybe I’m wrong since I didn’t see the game, but nonetheless.... good for him and good for the team. Offense looked like it was in reverse, but defense showed up strong. Not winning pretty, but I’ll take the wins at this point.

11. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    That was a gutsy call to go for it on 4th down in the fourth quarter, that led to a eight minute drive and a FG.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. MadtownDruankard

Aug 31, 2015
    Damn... caught by the Enjoyment police again! Doh

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  13. Hanratty#5

Hanratty#5 Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2019
    I get what you are saying but maybe Tomlin is more comfortable dealing with younger hungry players than with a team that is loaded with stars.
    He is like a guy who was given a Ferrari but it was too much car for him and he smashed it into a tree. He was then given a 2001 Chevy Cavalier with 4 bald tires and he was much more comfortable driving it and keeping it in the right lane.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. SteelerJJ

SteelerJJ Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Agreed. Ben out and 1-4. A lot of teams would have packed it in but the Steelers keep giving it their all.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0 Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2019
    all the Tomlin haters after we were 1-4:

[​IMG]

all the Tomlin haters now:

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  16. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    They will be back as soon as the Steelers lose a game.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. LambertsDentist

LambertsDentist Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2014
    Interesting thought, and you just might be right. His in-game decisions are still lacking but after the chaos during the off-season he did really bring the team together.

18. Jujubean

Jujubean Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2019
    I loathe TOMLIN but I have to give him credit so far for having this team not fold. I honestly thought this would be a 3-13 or 4-12 year and continue the uproar over getting rid of Mike. Instead we are looking at 8-8 or 9-7 and Mike in town for eternity

19. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    Maybe he is feeling a bit of pressure so he has to really coach and not just be a rah rah. Or he is highed up on the rumors of that the dope who runs the Redskins wants him bad. Whatever it is it's working.

20. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    I have been far from a Tomlin supporter the last couple of years. But I give him credit for what he has done this year. Defense looks great, and to win 4-5 after the start they had with this roster??? :applaud::applaud::applaud:

21. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    Who hired Fuchtner?

Mike drop!

22. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    I'm usually pessimistic, but using this logic.... the Steelers are a JuJu and Conner not fumbling late..... away from being 7-2 and winning the AFC North.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  23. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    While this is 100% true, fumbles happen, horrible game plans shouldn't.

• Agree Agree x 2
  24. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Yes, Steelers could use some better game planning on offense, but it doesn't help when the starting WRs drop 50% of balls thrown to them.

• Agree Agree x 1
  25. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    :eek: