1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Winners and losers

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by steelersrule6, Nov 10, 2019.

1. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Winners:
    Haden
    Fitzpatrick
    Heyward
    Watt
    Washington
    Trey Edmunds with the int on special teams

Losers
    Fichtner
    Danny Smith
    OL in run blocking
    Rudolph taking another safety :facepalm:

2. MadtownDruankard

MadtownDruankard Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2015
    Lost in all this was that fake punt by the Rams. The loser is that coach. What a moronic call. Tomlin even thought it was stupid.

funny thing is we couldn’t get a point out of it.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  3. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    I think that was Vance drop on 3rd down, that would've put them in FG position :facepalm:.

4. bleednblackngold

bleednblackngold Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2015
    That was a truly bizarre call. I couldn't believe my eyes when they actually snapped the ball.

5. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    Fichtner called a bad game, he's probably the biggest loser in this game. At the start of the game he called 3 straight passes, that led to a fumble and a TD return for the Rams, that was the Rams only TD. He also had Mason dropping back in the endzone, which results in another safety :facepalm:, and there was a handoff to Vance :frustrated:.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    Haden has taken some bashing this year, but Batch made a good point on the post game show. He stated that QB's are throwing away from Nelson and thus Haden is getting more attempts his way. IDK if that is correct, but tonight he was unbelievable.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    Tomlin took responsibility for that call that resulted in a safety. Good to know when he takes responsibility because he usually says, WE take responsibility..lol

8. DSteelerCT

DSteelerCT Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2011
    Not disagreeing as I didn’t watch the game, but Tomlin said he was the one who called the play action that lead to the safety.

9. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    Fitzpatrick is out scoring a lot of offensive players. Not saying a lot for our offense.

• Like Like x 1
  10. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Not to beat a dead horse but it must have been the same exact thing the Ravens were thinking when Samuels threw that horrible pass out of the Wildcat formation deep in Steelers territory. :facepalm:

11. MadtownDruankard

MadtownDruankard Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2015
    Haden had a huge game. 5 pass breakups, 1FF, and 1 INT

• Like Like x 1
  12. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    Rudolph taking the safety should be omitted in my opinion. That really is not his doing. Randy Fitchner is the main culprit on that one.

Overall, agree with the list. Fitz was well worth a first. For that matter, today's game was also a direct transition of what the NFL was to what it is now in terms of the ideology of the defensive backs.

At a point in time, it used to be the Cornerback was the most important piece on an NFL Defense because an Elite Corner assists the defense due to the that fact, nevermind that Corner never needing help, opposing offenses would have to rely on someone else as the Number One target was taken away from the game (Jalen Ramsey).

Nowadays, an Elite Free Safety is the more prized piece of the defense as today's NFL favors Personnel Matchups. Elite Corners can travel inside but that frees up so much more on the boundry and most importantly, the middle of the field. Not the case with an Elite Free Safety as that player not only can cover the boundry but also neutralize the middle of the field. He also has the ability to play in the slot and most of all, communicate any and every adjustment the Offense makes; assisting the ENTIRE defense overall as opposed to one component. This means that opposing Offenses have to be weary of throwing deep balls and throwing in the middle. (Minkah Fitzpatrick)

In short?! An Elite Corner helps the defense because he neutralizes the opposing Offenses top weapon. An Elite Free Safety helps the defense because he can neutralize an ENTIRE Offenses gameplan.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Daddymac10

Daddymac10 Well-Known Member

May 1, 2015
    Winner: Mincah FitzPatrick ...without his clutch contributions we probably be on a 2-game losing streak
    Loser: Terrell Edmonds ...this guy is anti Micah FitzPatrick ..Micah is a playmaker while Terrell obviously is not
    ...for God sake Terrell please make an effort to locate the ball in flight ...should've had a very easy interception
    in the endzone but never bothered to look at the ball, luckily he broke up the play but could've got called for his
    2nd pass interferance

14. STEELWINDS

STEELWINDS

Sep 12, 2019
    Hey steelersrule6.

The biggest winner is the team as a whole. We got the "W". Yes!

The biggest loser is more of a concept as I am not going to single anyone out because it remains problematic week-in and week-out. That is Dropped Passes! I am infuriated with their occurrences. In addition, to those players not making the more difficult catches that are in fact "catchable". Another weekly occurrence. Overall, cannot complain too much as we got the WIN! STEELWINDS

Last edited: Nov 11, 2019
  15. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    And he caused that last Int...

16. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    Actually Tomlin said in his presser he called PA there.

17. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    I took it to mean he was okay with them passing in that situation, I don't think he's in Rudolph's headset sending in the play.

18. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    Tomlin said he called that play, along with the 4th and 1 play. Whether he was actually in Rudolph's headset or not he didn't specify, but Tomlin called those plays.

19. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    I heard him in the press conference, I think it's more of Fichtner asking Tomlin if they want to pass in that situation, and Tomlin says okay that's my point..

20. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    I don't think that's the case though. Tomlin specified (in his press conference) that 'he was the guy who called the play action pass that got a safety' (paraphrasing). He didn't say he agreed with the call or OKed the call, he said he called it.

21. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    Wasn't his fault.

Anyone who casts shade on Haden just isn't watching. Glad he is a Steeler.

22. defva

defva Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Add pouncey and Villy by name to the losers list

• Agree Agree x 1
  23. uncblue012

uncblue012 Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2017
    After Fichtner ran a draw play to McDonald on 2nd-and-20, I think he deserves to be picked in the nuts.

24. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    JuJu is a big loser in this one in my mind. He is short-arming passes, dropping balls, and tipping balls to the defense with consistency.

25. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    This is the worst WR corps we've had since '99. I hope JuJu, Johnson and Washington can step it up.... and step it up quick, because sooner or later these numerous drops are gonna bite us.

I find it ironic that this team's weakness is what used to be it's strength... and vice versa. Our secondary kicks ass and our WRs are a bunch of scrubs.

• Winner Winner x 1