1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Worst WR unit in the NFL

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by MadtownDruankard, Nov 10, 2019.

1. MadtownDruankard

MadtownDruankard Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2015
    When they are getting open, they are dropping balls, when they arent dropping balls they are fumbling.

Add up the INT’s and fumbles they have to lead the league in turnovers.

• Agree Agree x 4
  2. SteelersFanIrl

SteelersFanIrl Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2019
    They are young and the team has just lost one of the best wide receivers the game has ever seen and a HOF QB. None of these guys should be in a position where the team is so dependent on them. Give them a break

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. MadtownDruankard

Aug 31, 2015
    There are 31 other teams . We are not the only team with young WR’s. Id be happy with average. This group is garbage right now. No excuses for fumbles and easy drops turned into INT’s.

4. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Just enjoy the game. We’re winning after all.

• Disagree Disagree x 3
  5. MadtownDruankard

Aug 31, 2015
    who said I wasn’t enjoying a lead?

if our WR’s didnt suck we would be killing these guys.

6. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    Starting QB out, starting RB out I won't complain about the first half.

7. TGH

TGH Well-Known Member

May 8, 2018
    And the TE too

8. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    If, if , if,
    Just enjoy the game. This is who we are.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  9. MadtownDruankard

Aug 31, 2015
    I’ll enjoy the game how ever Id like to. Thanks tho

oh nice drop McDonald . 3 more points left off the board

10. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Just enjoy the game

11. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Douche Bag

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  12. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I think you are drunkard LOL.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. SteelerJJ

SteelerJJ Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Young and inconsistent but definitely not the worst. The Skins have the worst hands down.

14. STEELWINDS

STEELWINDS

Sep 12, 2019
    Hey MadtownDruankard.

I have posted earlier you're similar frustrations about the drops and ricochets. And this is not just from the young guys but our veteran TE and RBs also. Given that, I do not see them at all as worst unit of WRs. Actually, I like what I see when they are not blundering. I think the arrow is pointing up for them in given spots. They are young and not rookies. Although even that would be inexcusable for some of the blunders. I am most disappointed in JuJu I have to say though. I never bought into the notion that he is a true #1. A #2, yes. A #1, NO! I just do not want to see him lose any confidence. As I have stated before, as others have, he was definitely the beneficiary of AB, like it or not folks.

Also, the WRs have to make the tough catches that yes, are "catchable". I am sure that is very frustrating to Mason, the receivers who know this, and the team as a whole. Since we do not have a running game per se. The passing game is currently our best option. Especially since that is the way our O-Line has been built. STEELWINDS

15. M. Connors

M. Connors Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    The WRs are not helping the QB. The QB and OC are not helping the WRs. This offense is an enigma. And anemic.

This 0-3 l, 1-4 team just rattled off 5 wins in 6 games. No Ben, Bell, Brown, no Connor tonight. No Nix. JuJu hampered by injury. Washington fumbling. McDonald dropping passes.

And we won. 5-4. Held the Rams offense to 3 points. If the playoffs started today, our team would be in. After 0-3.
    1-4.

This is 90s Steelers ball. I am so excited about this defense it’s hard to get upset over an injury riddled/ underperforming offense.

5 of last 7 on the road. 4 in division. With this defense, getting better by the week, I’m still excited. Bring it on.

16. STEELWINDS

STEELWINDS

Sep 12, 2019
    Hey M. Connors.

We need a running game or something that resembles one! This will take a lot of pressure off of Mason, the WR unit, and even the "D". STEELWINDS

17. M. Connors

M. Connors Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    Could not agree more. Some dude with a long last name ran the ball tonight. And our safety’s brother. Suck performance. But we still won.

Short week on the road against a media darling. If we put this same team on the field and win...

Every week Fitz has in practice is another week I feel optimistic. Bud is possessed. TJ is obsessed.

Sorry, I’m usually more measure after wins, but this D has me excited. If Conner can come back healthy, and the O dedicates itself, this D is just good enough to carry us to...(won’t say it yet).

18. STEELWINDS

STEELWINDS

Sep 12, 2019
    Hey M. Connors.

I know it could become contagious. Old adage my friend...."one game at a time". Take care. STEELWINDS

19. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Yeah this receiving core is underwhelming, too many drops, and stop fumbling the damn ball :facepalm:.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. SteelinOhio

SteelinOhio

Oct 16, 2011
    One of the reasons Mason isn't looking better is the first thing you mentioned: WRs getting open. I was blaming him early on for throwing into a lot of coverage, but the more I've watched, it's mostly because nobody is getting open and the only option is often throwing into the least coverage, rather than to an open receiver. It looked a little better last night, but then there were dropped passes.

I'm rooting for these guys, I just hope they address these things.