1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Mike Davis

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by SteelersFanFromTX, Nov 9, 2019.

1. SteelersFanFromTX

SteelersFanFromTX

Jan 1, 2012
    The Bears released Mike Davis. Given all the backfield injuries, this is a signing that would make a lot of sense IMO. He’s a sturdy, hard-nosed runner with some receiving chops.

if it doesn’t mess up our comp pick formula, which is the reason the Bears released him, I say let’s do it.

2. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    Who?

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    Sign him! Sign everyone!!

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. SteelersFanFromTX

SteelersFanFromTX

Jan 1, 2012
    The guy who ran for over 500 yards and caught 34 balls for the Seahawks last year. Unless of course we have a hidden gem in the venerable Tony Brooks-James.

• Like Like x 1
  5. SteelersFanFromTX

SteelersFanFromTX

Jan 1, 2012
    Conner down
    Snell down

We have Samuels, Trey Edmunds and Tony Brooks-James left. But by all means, let's auto-reply with this canned response any time someone recommends a free agent signing on this board.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. mytake

mytake Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2016
    Mike Davis.

• Like Like x 1
  7. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Nice avatar, two bad asses in Greene and Lambert.

8. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I would be open to this, our Rb's can't seem to
    stay healthy.

9. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    Yep we should have a "caption this" thread for that photo.

10. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    Yeah, I'm worried Conner is going to have a short career and it will be injury prone:(

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    You obviously haven't been around long. I'll auto reply just as long as people auto, "this guy got released, let's bring him in!" It's been this way on here for years. Doesn't matter why someone gets released, whether the trade deadline has passed, whether the team has cap space, etc.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    People come up with the dumbest **** with the “bring this guy in” or “ kick the tires on this guy”
    There’s literally two or three of these post per week. And each person who starts these threads thinks they’re super scout and their guy is the guy.
    If the Steelers actually made even 10 percent of these moves the fans suggest they’d have a completely different team. And of course no one thinks about salary cap implications cause Im sure all these guys will play for the vet minimum or 1 year prove it deals.
    With that said. Sign him sign everyone.

• Like Like x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  13. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    And it would still turn into a bash Tomlin thread. :facepalm:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  14. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    A bash who thread?

15. Vox Ferrum

Apr 22, 2019
    The trade deadline has passed? Wow, by the number of threads still wanting trades who could have known. Guess google is broken, or people are to lazy to read.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  16. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    We are pretty much scraping the bottom of the barrel with running back depth. No?

One more injury and its going to be.....Sign someone.....Please sign somebody

Im really not sure why its ridiculous to suggest that a guy like Mike Davis be signed. He has had some success in the league. He is a veteran, inexpensive, available, and a depth upgrade.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012

Maybe you should read the thread again he isn't talking about a trade Davis was released and is open game.......but by all means keep posting about people not using google or to lazy to read when you obviously missed his post. Some of you guys crack me up......

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    Naw why would we talk about signing a vet guy when our starter(Conner) and backup(Snell) are out Samuels is coming off injury and a guy we had on the practice squad is banged up? Oh add to that a guy in Brooks that we just signed from his couch? Would/should we want to add a player to help this team that has experience?

It kills me how some people would rather bash a poster to bringing up a guy to sign. I mean we are not front office people we are fans on a message board.......this is what we do. Oh and then there is some who act like the salary cap is an issue(wish I wasn't put on ignore so I could respond to him) when he has no clue about it himself.......but wait I am sure we will see a ....WHO from him, smh. You don't need to be a "super scout" to see we are hurting at RB and there is vets out there who could help.

@SteelersFanFromTX don't let some of these guys get you down, keep posting cause that is what you are suppose to do on a message board with other fans.......:thumbs_up:

• Like Like x 4
  19. Vox Ferrum

Apr 22, 2019
    Glad I cracked you up, but you missed the part where I responded to another post. Beyond that the whole, 'let's sign (put any name here) just gets ridicules after awhile. So let's talk about Davis. In a b/u role he has had 1 decent year in 4, cut from a Bears team whose top RB has 400 yards and change in 8 games. Yes the Bears suck, perhaps Davis is the second coming of Fitzgerald Toussaint.

20. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    No trade...He got realeased

• Agree Agree x 1
  21. Vox Ferrum

Apr 22, 2019
    Yea I know. I guess I should have put the sarcasm in green.

• Like Like x 2
  22. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    I agree some time these posts are out of left field but holy cow this is by far not one of them. We are hurting at RB and just about any name is worth a look at that has experience. I get what you are saying about Davis however we are not looking for a guy to come in here and be a #1 or even a 2 we need a guy who can come in and offer something until our 1 and 2 get back. I would think a guy like Davis would offer more that a guy like Brooks-James at least from the stand point of experience and being able to get up to speed quicker. jmo

Last edited: Nov 10, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 2
  23. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Here's a thought. Get a FB because ours has played about 10 plays this season. We brought in a cut olb for a day to try. We brought back a totally useless lt Walton while we had a draft pick sitting here already we didn't use. We cut a wr and replaced him with nobody. But, yea we are good. We don't have to look for real players that might help us out. :cool:

Last edited: Nov 10, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  24. Vox Ferrum

Apr 22, 2019
    I guess I was being most facetious, but this makes sense over some of the moves. It obvious how important to the run game Nix has been, just in the one game he started. I do not know the options for FB out there, few teams even have a FB anymore. My question is how has the team been using Vanett? We constantly hear number 72 as an eligible receiver, which means they are bringing in an extra blocker.

Why not develop some plays with 2 TE sets with on as an H back. To old school? hell nothing else is working in the run game.

25. Spartacus

Spartacus Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2012

Where in Texas are you from?